The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Oboma's Morals Don't Trump Our Safety

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    A couple of things, first in answer to Joe S.: No, I have never been waterboarded as you know, and this is pertinent....how? Have the Dear Leader's officials setting the policy on what is and is not acceptable all been waterboarded? No? Have any of them ever served in the military, other than a desk jockey?
    Julie,

I thought it pertinent because you said waterboarding wasn't torture. I was wondering what your frame of reference was as many people who haven't really experienced something find it difficult to comprehend. Sen. McCain, for example, said waterboarding is torture. It seems to me he has a frame of reference that can make a call like that.

Interesting you mentioned President Obama's staff wasn't waterboarded. I don't believe Mr. Yoo or the others that drafted the torture memo's from the safety of the White House or DOJ were waterboarded, either.

It is just a difference of opinion, Julie. That is what makes America so great. The party in power is going to do what they think is in the Nation's best interest. Fortunately, we get to talk about it.

Thanks For The Help Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

[quote=Uncle Bill;437227]When I read what Joe posted, I could only think "How Small". HEY JOE...HAVE ANYONE IN EITHER OF THOSE 3 PLANES...IN THE TOWERS...IN THE PENTAGON???? That question to Julie wasn't only small-minded, it was assinine.

Bill -

I lost a friend in the Towers. Another friend was injuried at the Pentagon. Went I went back to work that night I drove through the smoke from the still smoldering Pentagon.

Small Is A Matter Of Perspective Regards,

Joe S.

Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    Hey there sir, I have been waterboarded. I was in the 3rd reconnaissance Bn., 3rd Mar Div, USMC, in Okinawa from 85 to 89. I went to sere school in Kalifornia in 87. I've been waterboarded, stood naked in a chin deep hole filled with cold water, sprayed with firehoses to enforce sleep deprivation (72 hours BTW) slapped, starved, cussed, and had psychological interrogation techniques used on me. This was all done roughly simultaneously. It sucks so much you wouldn't believe it. In those days they used little guys inn VC uniforms to do it. (we are always fighting the last war but that's another story)

It ain't torture. True torture breaks your body in order to break your mind it results in catastrophic physical damage to the body. Look at McCain he got tortured. I have a few bad dreams but they aren't about waterboarding. Because it isn't torture. only three people were ever waterboarded according to the reports. It seems that it saved some lives. Did I mention I've had it done to me? it isn't torture.

How do you feel about the use of drugs for interrogation?

Sodium Pentathol regards,
    True torture breaks your mind and leaves your body intact.

Thanks For Your Service Regards,

Joe S.

This is so patronizing it's beyond pathetic, Jeff. Your condescension is second to none on this board.

The acceptability of the actions we take is defined by our morals, not the morals of those we have incarcerated. We are defined by our actions, not theirs. I choose not to be defined by the techniques authorized in the published memos and am happy that the administration has rejected those techniques as immoral.

PUHLEESE!...You'd be happy eating road apples if your messiah asked you to.

Between you and Joe determining if conservatives don't experience any of the useful interrogation techniques, we can't comment on them, or be in favor of them, especially in wartime. Should we then conclude that you are in favor of homosexuality, because you've experienced that? Or you favor choice because you and your wife, or significant other, had an abortion, and the babies life was inconsequential to your 'beliefs'?

How do you "fall-on-the-sword" democrats look in the mirror. You may dispute us calling you un-American, but how do you go to church and not be considered a hypocrite?

If your an atheist, I can understand your beliefs in these areas. The same can be said for the Satanic cults. Certainly Hugh has illustrated that with his pathetically tasteless 'cartoon'. But your parties phoney morality will continue to play into the enemies hands, and your grandkids will be paying for your idiocy. The Jihad is gleefully clapping their hands, having you on their side.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

[quote=YardleyLabs;438048]I'll stick with the definition I gave before: "In my mind, the test of whether or not an activity is "torture" is whether you would consider it torture if done to a member of your family without regard for "guilt" or "innocence"."

ok well then eplain me this is it torture for the man who had to have his face totally rebuilt after he was hit by an IED in iraq? is it torture for all my battle buddies sitting in BAMC/WRAMC that have to undergo 30-40 surgerys a year just so that they might have the hopes to live a normal life again. so i guess if you ask me would i do the same thing to my family members then my family (ARMY) goes thru it in one way or another almost everyday. i mean what would you do if that same a$$hole showed up at the mall you go to to buy your clothes at and detonated an PBIED and one of you family members was there and didnt die from the blast but his/her life was permanently changed forever then how would you feel. im sorry but i have been on both sides of this issue. so you tell me. i dont know if you have served in the military or what but im telling you ive been here twice and what ever the hell we are doing somewhere is working to keep shit safe here.
    Hey Maverick!!!! Wheres goose...

AND FOR ALL THOSE longhorn fans

GIG'EM AGGS

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    This is so patronizing it's beyond pathetic, Jeff. Your condescension is second to none on this board.

The acceptability of the actions we take is defined by our morals, not the morals of those we have incarcerated. We are defined by our actions, not theirs. I choose not to be defined by the techniques authorized in the published memos and am happy that the administration has rejected those techniques as immoral.

PUHLEESE!...You'd be happy eating road apples if your messiah asked you to.

Between you and Joe determining if conservatives don't experience any of the useful interrogation techniques, we can't comment on them, or be in favor of them, especially in wartime. Should we then conclude that you are in favor of homosexuality, because you've experienced that? Or you favor choice because you and your wife, or significant other, had an abortion, and the babies life was inconsequential to your 'beliefs'?

How do you "fall-on-the-sword" democrats look in the mirror. You may dispute us calling you un-American, but how do you go to church and not be considered a hypocrite?

If your an atheist, I can understand your beliefs in these areas. The same can be said for the Satanic cults. Certainly Hugh has illustrated that with his pathetically tasteless 'cartoon'. But your parties phoney morality will continue to play into the enemies hands, and your grandkids will be paying for your idiocy. The Jihad is gleefully clapping their hands, having you on their side.

UB
    Bill, what is hypocritical is some of right crying about baby-killing, then gleefully sending off their children and grandchildren to kill other children and grandchildren in a phony war to spread democracy. Talk about roadapples

I'm not a satanist, I'm a liberal. But I guess the distinction is blurry to you because of the roadapples you have smeared in your eyes through your fear and hatred.

And do us all a favor. Don't make the assumption that because we don't agree, that makes us Obama devotees. There has been some faulting of Obama by some here on the left in the last three months. Nothing like the hero worship of the previous eight years.

Yeah...PUHLEESE!...really,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Bill, what is hypocritical is some of right crying about baby-killing, then gleefully sending off their children and grandchildren to kill other children and grandchildren in a phony war to spread democracy. Talk about roadapples

I'm not a satanist, I'm a liberal. But I guess the distinction is blurry to you because of the roadapples you have smeared in your eyes through your fear and hatred.

And do us all a favor. Don't make the assumption that because we don't agree, that makes us Obama devotees. There has been some faulting of Obama by some here on the left in the last three months. Nothing like the hero worship of the previous eight years.

JD

NOt all of us cry about baby killing or stem cell research, heck some of us only go to church three times a year. See what assuming gets you
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I would truely wonder if terriorist kidnapped obamas kids and he had 3 days to find them before they were beheaded and they had in custudy 1 of the terrorists,,,, if our hipocritical leader would rake him over the coals or tickle his feetto get the where abouts of his kids.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

JD
    Last i checked the people in the armed service volunteered to do that job. Killing babies (which is what abortion is...period) and killing enemies to protect the greater good are entirely different things.

[QUOTE=Losthwy;437679]
    Quote Originally Posted by Leddyman View Post
    Hey there sir, I have been waterboarded. I was in the 3rd reconnaissance Bn., 3rd Mar Div, USMC, in Okinawa from 85 to 89. I went to sere school in Kalifornia in 87. I've been waterboarded, stood naked in a chin deep hole filled with cold water, sprayed with firehoses to enforce sleep deprivation (72 hours BTW) slapped, starved, cussed, and had psychological interrogation techniques used on me. quote]

Were you a POW? Or was it training? A POW isn't going home. A soldier in training knows he's going home. Were you waterboarded, lets say 80 times in a year? My guess yiou are slanted right wing from the spelling of California.
    This is hysterical! Somebody has an opinion on waterboarding and it isn't good enough because they haven't been waterboarded, so somebody else comes along who just happens to have been to sere school and been waterboarded and it isn't good enough because it wasn't enough times.

For your information Oblammo says he is sending the illegal combatants home. They aren't POW's they are illegal enemy combatants. The Geneva convention which you love to site defines all of these terms and in order to be a POW you have to wear a uniform among many other things like not killing civillians and children. So what if I am slanted right wing? That doesn't change the fact that I have been there done that and you are a liberal sycophant panting after this idiot in the whitehouse while you bleed your heart out for terrorists and promote the killing of millions of innocents.
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.