The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 65 of 65

Thread: Oboma's Morals Don't Trump Our Safety

  1. #61
    Senior Member John Kelder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Catskill Mts. New York
    Posts
    1,769

    Default

    Traitors.
    Care more about the rights of foreigners than the lives and well being your own countrymen .
    Waterboarding ????? What a joke . Sodium pentathol / electric / standing in water /sulphuric acid / hammer /and nails ,because I will get the information regards ,
    Last edited by John Kelder; 04-30-2009 at 08:49 PM.
    SEMPER FI . FROM MY COLD , DEAD HANDS .

    www.bashakilllabradors.com

  2. #62
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Actually Jeff you are the only one of the libs I don't have on my ignore list. At least you are willing to debate and not just call the right wing names for thier opinions.
    If I start calling conservatives names I would lose a pretty large percentage of my friends. After all, I do spend a fair amount of my time shooting guns and wringing the necks of birds I don't intend to eat. Not exactly the kind of conversation topic that goes over well in liberal circles.



    Quote Originally Posted by R Little View Post
    Hey Jeff, then why did your "Lord" allow the release of this information then? All of this B&*% SH&% has been a political witch hunt from the beginning. It's been used to manipulate the SHEEPLE like you that drink the KOOL AID.


    Shoot, Shovel & Shut Up
    ????

    Maybe a more appropriate question is why didn't Bush go ahead and publish the information while he was President? Was he actually trying to preserve an element of surprise in the techniques used for questioning or was he trying to avoid political confrontations with men in his own party like McCain who believed that the use of these so called "harsh" techniques was simply a PC was of describing illegal torture?

    Let me be clear. I do not trust governments even when I have voted for the people that lead them. All governments become too enamored of themselves and eventually begin abusing their power. We still need government, but we should never trust it. For that reason we should make it very difficult for our government to keep secrets even if this means that sometimes we are embarrassed.

    With respect to Kool Aid, I was unfortunately too young to have been able to "ride the bus" with Ken Kesey, or to get access to the free and then still legal "Kool Aid" handed out by the Federal government in the interests of research. However, I am old enough to have done some experimenting of my own which left me with a fond appreciation of fantasy and a solid grasp on reality. I value both and believe they give me some protection from manipulation by the powers that be or the powers that wannabe.

    Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    Jeff,was Jesus a student of Greek and Roman literature, history and rhetoric or are you referring to Jesus as a humanist using the post Renaissance definition of Humanism that exalts human powers? God exalting humans ...hmmm ...sorry I cannot resist.

    On topic, I would object to treating enemy soldiers in any way that would be abusive, a guy fighting for his country is just that a soldier fighting for his country in an honorable fashion inside the parameters of civilized warfare. He should be given the respect that he is due.


    These guys that are being refered to as enemy combatants do not carry a flag, do not report to a commander, do not respect life or the rule of law and if water boarding is the worst thing that happens to these homicidal spoiled brats of the world the that is too bad in my opinion.

    That said, I think it is nobler as a nation to restrain ourselves from injustice than allowing ourselves to be desensitized. It should be a big deal when we decide to use tactics like water boarding and I am glad my sons live in a country that, even if I disagree with them, people take exception to torturing of even our enemies.
    Nice post.

  3. #63
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Herring View Post
    look i dont really care is it hurting you is it hurting me? not really i still sleep at night i still wake up in the morning get shot at and go back to bed. i mean some times you got to fight fire with fire. most people dont want to know what their gov is doing because honestly they dont give two shits. as long as their work is steady they dont have to pay too much in taxes and they can own their fire arms they really dont care. maybe thats just me but you know this is why i dont watch the news and i dont pay attention to politics i vote for the guy that my gut tells me is the right guy not because he is black or white purple yellow or orange. you know why i didnt vote for comrade obama. because his campaign seemed to run like a movie trailer. he seemed to me too much like a i want people to wipe my ass for me type campaign. i voted for McCain because that man has been where i am has done what i have done, and has survived one of the worst thing that can happen to you as a soldier. i voted for experience. Obama seems like a watchdog group. he is out to make the frm administration look bad. that is all politics seems to be about to me. "what can we do to make the last guy look like and idiot." that is politics. obama ran on a campaign of change huh. well if i read right i and i am pretty sure i did, didnt obama like hire back 3/4 of the frm clinton staff. i mean i thought it was a platform of change. doesnt change mean new people. i mean throw in some unknowns hell shake things up a little have a half dem half rep staff that way there is no majority its all equal but wait i forgot thats too complicated because everyone is stepping on the little guy (joe the plumber) cant forget that guy. you guys support this guy but what was the first cut he made the training budget for the army. so you know what that mean now my soldiers that come to me out of training i cant train why oh because my commander in chief cut my legs out from under me. oh and you know two years ago the bonus for reenlisting in the army was 22700 for 4 years, this year i only got 8500 for the same amount so tell me where this government supports joe because as i look at no one is more joe than us soldiers.
    Jerry,

    Thanks for your service.

    Don't Re-up. It's time to come home and de-compress. Seriously...

    From one vet to another, brother, come home.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

  4. #64
    Senior Member Jerry D Herring's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    FT Leonard Wood
    Posts
    150

    Default

    JD its not a matter of decompressing i am just tired of everyone bitching about what the government hides and bitching about something they havnt experienced. while they sit at home and kiss there families goodnight i am over here trying to keep my marriage together because i have been deployed more than i have been home. so decompressing aint going to make things all better. maybe if my wife wasnt paying 400 in taxas back to the state of missouri when she only made 700 then i wouldnt be so pissed off.

    oh and for all of you that are bitching think about me i just reenlisted for 6 more years and all i got was a lousy 8500 dollars that was gone the day it hit the bank. so for all of you that understand thanks and for all of you that are bitching well you know what you can do.
    Last edited by Jerry D Herring; 04-30-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    Hey Maverick!!!! Wheres goose...


    AND FOR ALL THOSE longhorn fans



    GIG'EM AGGS

  5. #65
    Senior Member JDogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    MRGV New Mexico
    Posts
    3,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Herring View Post
    JD its not a matter of decompressing i am just tired of everyone bitching about what the government hides and bitching about something they havnt experienced. while they sit at home and kiss there families goodnight i am over here trying to keep my marriage together because i have been deployed more than i have been home. so decompressing aint going to make things all better. maybe if my wife wasnt paying 400 in taxas back to the state of missouri when she only made 700 then i wouldnt be so pissed off.

    oh and for all of you that are bitching think about me i just reenlisted for 6 more years and all i got was a lousy 8500 dollars that was gone the day it hit the bank. so for all of you that understand thanks and for all of you that are bitching well you know what you can do.
    I hope you're home, safe, and kissing your family long before that six years are done.

    JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Similar Threads

  1. Remington 11-87 safety question
    By badgerfan1 in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2009, 10:33 AM
  2. The Importance of Gun Safety
    By J. Walker in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-07-2009, 07:36 PM
  3. Oboma's efficiency expert gone-Tax problems
    By luvmylabs23139 in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2009, 11:28 AM
  4. Trailers and Dog Safety
    By Hambone in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 04:31 PM
  5. SAFETY HELP: Bedside Benelli
    By Kristie Wilder in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 11-16-2007, 08:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •