The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NRA talk

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    What is the appropriate wine to enjoy while shooting a Glock .40? I'm thinking a nice 2009 MD 20/20.
    Bali-Hi
    or
    Boones Farm Strawberry!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    What is the appropriate wine to enjoy while shooting a Glock .40? I'm thinking a nice 2009 MD 20/20.
    ...as you run out of the liquor store with more money than you brought in?
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Ok first off let me say I am and have long been a supporter of the NRA and will continue to be one. I don’t really intend this as an NRA bashing thread, but I do have to say some of the things they do really pizz me off. While I send them plenty of money each year (above my regular membership) there is no single organization from who I receive more JUNK mail. At least twice a week I get something from them usually with something printed in big bold letter that says something like “help prevent the most sweeping gun control ever”…blah, blah, blah. Every one of them goes in the trash without ever opening it. Now in the last week I have received on snail mail and two emails offering special priced WINE! What in the heck? Really wine? Maybe I should have read it but I tossed it and deleted it, but why is the NRA pushing wine? Why do I get 30,000 offers for insurance from them? What the hell is going on there? Look this stuff has to cost them money, the very same money I send in to fight anti gun legislature. While I think they do a great job doing what they are meant to do, I am somewhat baffled by some of the ways they spend money to raise money. I can say that were there an equal alternative I would probably send my money there, much like I have done with DU by sending my money to Delta.
    Is it just me or is anyone esle bothered by this?
    It's not just you that does not enjoy the frequent JUNK mailings, but they are not alone in their ardor to collect on what they deem pertinent issues. I agree with Steve that there should be a box for "Please only solicit me once per year" but there isn't. It's got to cost a bundle. BTW, when Tonya was their "whatever" I just flat quit NRA, she had to be the most aggressive ever. But I'm back. I have gone to the only once a year, in January to allow me to check back, donations.

I send a check (apparently it's large enough for them to hope there is more available ) to one of the well known relief organizations back where I grew up, That does not stop the about 6 times per year sob stories about how these people just can't make it. If I'm not mistaken, that's why churches are tax exempt, so they can help those truly needy in their time of need. Am I wrong on that count?

When DU bought into the Global Warming crap I was outa there. Also don't contribute to any that overpay their Executive Director.

I will defend the building in this manner. I've watched a lot of Mom & Pop businesses disappear that were providing a quality service, only to be replaced by a chain with a new building, higher prices & lower quality personnel. The 2nd business succeeds, so you have to ask yourself "Is a new & fancy building part of that success"? In DC it's about "Style over Substance" every time.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

It sure seems like over the last few months I haven't been getting as many mailings from the NRA as I have in past years. It does get tiring but I'll continue to support them because of all the good work they do and especially today with the totalitarian party in charge.

Dear Leader will erase the 2nd Amendment from the Constitution when he thinks he can get away with it. He despises bitter clingers and the guns we own.

JOHNDROW!!! What happened to the old pic of the Golden!? That was a great pic!

Good lookin older dog, true... but I will surely miss the crazy shakin' dog.
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy 6 View Post
    JOHNDROW!!! What happened to the old pic of the Golden!? That was a great pic!

Good lookin older dog, true... but I will surely miss the crazy shakin' dog.
    Now don't be hijackin threads there Leg6. This ain't about dogs. But, them black dogs are as good lookin' as them fluffies.
    Its about the NRA. And, I was a member for a good long while. But , when they started straying from gun ownership, the 2nd amendment, and gun safety/hunter ed. and got into other political realms, I left.
    They are a powerful advocacy group, no doubt. If they would abandon their RWE positions and aggressive junk mail solicitations, I might support them again.

I find it very weird to be in agreement with some here.

C'est la vie,

Gun totin' LWE regards,
    JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 04-30-2009 at 10:18 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift