The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is it OK ????

Default Why is it OK ????

Why when someone use the N word or use a a non PC term for gay is it hate speech. Don Imus lost his job for nappy headed ho. Now Miss California the best I have heard her described is a Homophobe because she believes marriage to be between a man and woman (how dare she). Then the hack oberman goes so far over the line that he cant see the line. Where is the outrage ? Hopefully Miss California has a bad azz lawyer and this time next year she will own obermans network and oberman will be cutting her lawn. But alas being white heterosexual Christian must make you a lesser class citizen that does not have the same rights as others.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Liberals only allow freedom of speech when they agree with the speech.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

As one who never watches beauty pageants or Keith Olbermann, I was completely unaware of this latest storm in a teacup.

It seems to me that nothing has happened that is at all surprising or even inappropriate. Miss California went into the interview portion of a "contest" where she is expected, as everyone knows, to answer every question with her hopes for world peace and universal happiness. Instead she gave a marginally coherent and contradictory (saying on one hand that she was happy that there was a choice between "same sex" or "opposites" marriage and then saying that in "her country" no such choice should exist.) response stating an opinion on a controversial issue. That is guaranteed to hurt your chances in a beauty contest regardless of the position stated. In her case, however, it does not appear to have hurt much since, out of the 50 different candidates, she placed second -- a pretty good showing.

Since then she has actively sought to use the situation to push a personal agenda that is less about marriage than it is about herself -- most specifically the fact that she did not win. That makes her, if nothing else, a poor loser who is saying by implication that the winner did not deserve the job. In context, the fact that she has had breast implants looked like raw meat to the lions. The irony and the opportunities for humor are irresistible. I have no sympathy.

Her answer was a little hard to understand and maybe even contradictory, probably because she was trying to give some kind of politically correct pageant answer. In the end, I give her a lot of credit for standing up for her beliefs and saying what the majority of people also believe.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    As one who never watches beauty pageants or Keith Olbermann, I was completely unaware of this latest storm in a teacup.

It seems to me that nothing has happened that is at all surprising or even inappropriate. Miss California went into the interview portion of a "contest" where she is expected, as everyone knows, to answer every question with her hopes for world peace and universal happiness. Instead she gave a marginally coherent and contradictory (saying on one hand that she was happy that there was a choice between "same sex" or "opposites" marriage and then saying that in "her country" no such choice should exist.) response stating an opinion on a controversial issue. That is guaranteed to hurt your chances in a beauty contest regardless of the position stated. In her case, however, it does not appear to have hurt much since, out of the 50 different candidates, she placed second -- a pretty good showing.

Since then she has actively sought to use the situation to push a personal agenda that is less about marriage than it is about herself -- most specifically the fact that she did not win. That makes her, if nothing else, a poor loser who is saying by implication that the winner did not deserve the job. In context, the fact that she has had breast implants looked like raw meat to the lions. The irony and the opportunities for humor are irresistible. I have no sympathy.
    She was asked her opinion, and should not be punished for her opinion or values. The left on this one looks like the loser.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

For the record the judges said that she lost because of that question so its not her tirading around saying the person who won sucks and she should've won. She is saying that she lost because of the question, and the judges not only agree but said it first.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    For the record the judges said that she lost because of that question so its not her tirading around saying the person who won sucks and she should've won. She is saying that she lost because of the question, and the judges not only agree but said it first.
    Did she lose because of the content of her answer or because the phrasing of her answer was not as good as the person that won?

In a field trial the winner is usually going to be the dog that aces the money bird in the last series assuming thigs are otherwise close. As I said, I don't watch pageants and certainly didn't see this one. I would have given her answer a low score because it was contradictory and poorly phrased. The fact that it was political would have bothered me less from a personal perspective but would have been an issue if I wanted a non-controversial representative. Would you have felt the same if her opinion was to get rid of handguns now? How was the answer that was given by the person that won? Was it contradictory as well?

Does anyone remember who actually won......it was Miss North Carolina...whats really a shame is that both sides are milking the story for all that its worth and then some..I was very proud of Miss Cali, I think her agent will make a career for her from this episode...besides she is hotttttttt....implants or not
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

You mean to tell me they allow pageant contestants to have implants? Say it aint so!

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    You mean to tell me they allow pageant contestants to have implants? Say it aint so!
    That almost makes it seem like a superficial beauty contest.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA