The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why is it OK ????

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    Why when someone use the N word or use a a non PC term for gay is it hate speech.
    Because we have become a nation (world?) of professional victims.
    But alas being white heterosexual Christian must make you a lesser class citizen that does not have the same rights as others.
    Seems to me she's asserting her "right to victimhood" as much as any other "oppressed" minority.
    Accept that it was not "God's will", "forgive those who trespass against you" and move on.
    Unless Miss NC does something to get her title taken away, Ms Prejean is not going to be Miss USA this year.
    Jmtc, but while she gave her somewhat disjointed opinion on marriage, she did not answer the question the "judge" asked.

Olbermann's caricature of journalism shouldn't surprise anyone, I consider him about as credible as Geraldo, Phil Donahue etc and don't/didn't watch those shows either! He might be good with lawns though as he seems to put a lot of crap out there.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

I don't get what Olberman's deal is... he makes fun of her for having breast augmentation done, and then also reports that one of the Miss USA/Cali people say they are common...

But he reports on it like she's the ONLY one, and she should be ashamed for it. And because she has them, her opinion is somehow invalid?? So she stumbled a little in her answer...?

I don't think her answer was contradictory at all. She said in her home, marriage is between a man and a woman. That's what she believes, and she doesn't want to offend anyone over it. She never said that it was an immoral choice for others, just for her.

I always thought that if there was a person who would hammer you over the most inane issues, that you must be doing everything right. If that's all KO can come up with to trash Miss Cali, then I think she's doing it right.

Besides, when someone who has no credibility says YOU have no credibility... who gives a _____?
    Richard
    Legacy 6

Legacy's Lady Jade "Jade" (d. 23JUNE08)
    Legacy's Tallgrass of Natoma "Natti"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    Keith Olberman is an idiot....do you know where he got his start....as our local sports anchor on KCBS in Los Angeles before he got the ESPN gig, he has zero credibility when it come to political commentary....I cant even tell you the last time I watched MSNBC,CNBC or NBC for that matter...I miss Tim Russert, only credible guy that network ever had
    Look at Limbaugh's credentials. He has always been just a radio guy. He didn't pass anything in college--even flunked ballroom dancing. But he and Olbermann are just entertainers--right? Why get worked up?
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    But he and Olbermann are just entertainers--right? Why get worked up?
    No, Limbaugh's an entertainer and has never pretended to be othewise. Olberman was an MSNBC anchorman until his partisan buffoonery got him axed. His hackery was so overt that even the NBC News side of the network thought it was over-the-top (now that's saying something) and lead the charge for his ouster.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    Look at Limbaugh's credentials. He has always been just a radio guy. He didn't pass anything in college--even flunked ballroom dancing. But he and Olbermann are just entertainers--right? Why get worked up?

Is that what the left calls NEWS reporters now??
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Is that what the left calls NEWS reporters now??
    I don't know what the left calls reporters --can't say I care. They were called commentators when I was in my formative years. Guess that's what I call them.
    Zeus

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Rush is honest with the analysis he gives ,Olberdork is a stinking shill for the commies and far left period, he shouldn't be on the air unless its Radio Moscow.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Rush is honest with the analysis he gives ,Olberdork is a stinking shill for the commies and far left period, he shouldn't be on the air unless its Radio Moscow.
    Now, Bob, lets not get too wound up. The First Amendment protects all our rights to free speech, including speech we don't like. Doesn't matter if the speech is John Birchism, Libertarianism, Commie or in between.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 05-04-2009 at 08:32 PM.
    Zeus

Zeus3925 makes a great argument against the fairness doctrine or any similar measure. As for Ms. Prejeans' fake boobs, I prefer them over the pair of real boobs discussing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Bob, this sounds like you are really saying "I agree with what this intelligent, wise, and honest man is saying, but I disagree with everything that comes out of the mouth of that idiotic, lying, weasel." In my 9th grade English class, my teacher introduced us to the essence of propaganda. He read two stories from Time magazine about two different candidates for President arriving in their campaign aircraft. One arrived in an airplane that was sleek, modern and Presidential. The other arrived in an airplane that was pretentious and fat like an overfed pig. The only problem was that the two airplanes involved were identical.