The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Why is it OK ????

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeDogNight View Post
    Zeus3925 makes a great argument against the fairness doctrine or any similar measure.
    Free speech doesn't exist unless you can horn in and give your pitch once and a while.
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I don't know what the left calls reporters --can't say I care. They were called commentators when I was in my formative years. Guess that's what I call them.
    Well he is on a NEWS channel.
    He is supposedly reporting the NEWS.
    And he is most assuredly not entertaining.

Not sure what he is.

(Well I am, but I won't post it here)
    Last edited by road kill; 05-05-2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Well he is on a NEWS channell.
    He is supposedly reporting the NEWS.
    And he is most assuredly not entertaining.

Not sure what he is.

(Well I am, but I won't post it here)
    So, do you want government regulators telling NBC they can't put Olberman on a news channel?

Commentators have traditionally appeared on news outlets. Some of the great ones that come to mind were Eric Sevareid, Daniel Schorr, Drew Pearson , Paul Harvey --all had a way of reporting events while giving their reflections on them as well. Opinion pages appear in newspapers as well.

Is he repoting straight up news? Nah. I don't rely on Olberman, Mahre, the McLaughlin Report, O'Rielly or Limbaugh for news sources. But, I enjoy hearing different views on things. Whether these guys are entertaining or not, is a matter of perspective -- whether or not your ox is getting gored.
    Last edited by zeus3925; 05-05-2009 at 10:48 PM.
    Sarge

So, do you want government regulators telling NBC they can't put Olberman on a news channel?
    Commentators have traditionally appeared on news outlets. Some of the great ones that come to mind were Eric Sevareid, Daniel Shore, Drew Pearson , Paul Harvey --all had a way of reporting events while giving their reflections on them as well. Opinion pages appear in newspapers as well.

Is he repoting straight up news? Nah. I don't rely on Olberman, Mahre, the McLaughlin Report, O'Rielly or Limbaugh for news sources. But, I enjoy hearing different views on things. Whether these guys are entertaining or not, is a matter of perspective -- whether or not your ox is getting gored.
    No, the only people who should tell "NEWS" () channels who to put on the air should be the people that watch (or don't watch).

Is that what you got from my post?
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    No, the only people who should tell "NEWS" () channels who to put on the air should be the people that watch (or don't watch).

Is that what you got from my post?
    Pretty much.
    Sarge

I saw Miss Cali last night on Hannity. I was actually impressed, I thought she was just a hottie in a bathing suit. She was quite intelligent and was much to gracious to those who slammed her. Trump will not "fire" her and she will remain Miss California. It seams as she shares the same views as the POTUS and the majority of those in her state.

Since its perez thinks its OK to name call I will add this about perez hilton. You are a Heterophobe, You do a disservice to the gay community. You are ignorant and don't deserve to be a judge because you have no clue of what class is. You are a shallow little man.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Pretty much.
    I don't think so.
    Stan b & Elvis