The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gitmo likely to stay open

Default Gitmo likely to stay open

cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Go figure...I wonder when the liberal left is going to feel cheated by this scumbag president they elected?

Richard, I especially liked this quote at the end of the yahoo article:

"Once you become president and see the whole panoply of issued that you face, some of the things that seemed easy to promise or talk about during the campaign sometimes appear more difficult," Rothstein said Saturday. "Elections are fought on big slogans without much nuance or detail. I think we want a president who responds to what he sees when he actually gets in there and sees the whole picture, rather than one who adheres rigidly to what he said before."
    A new way to rationalize why a candidate can say/promise just about anything they want to during a campaign ... and then explain that they didn't know all the facts then, so it's okay to change your mind later.

Whatever happened to "doing your homework?" More discouraging because this candidate is, after all, a lawyer. One would expect that a lawyer would have been able to research this legal issue very thoroughly before making an empty promise; or at least have assigned someone to research it, before shooting from the hip.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Maybe i should run for president hell throw out a bunch of empty promises like ohh we are going to end the war in iraq!!!! and by the way were are sending 50000 more troops to afghanastan. just thought i would end one war to start another...
    Hey Maverick!!!! Wheres goose...

AND FOR ALL THOSE longhorn fans

GIG'EM AGGS

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry D Herring View Post
    Maybe i should run for president hell throw out a bunch of empty promises like ohh we are going to end the war in iraq!!!! and by the way were are sending 50000 more troops to afghanastan. just thought i would end one war to start another...
    Use the same philosophy for your political career...Over Promise then Under Deliver.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Halstead View Post
    Over Promise then Under Deliver.

and steal a lot of tax payer money too.

bunch of empty promises like ohh we are going to end the war in iraq!!!! and by the way were are sending 50000 more troops to afghanastan. just thought i would end one war to start another...
    I recall that during the McCain/Obama debates Obama kept insisting that a "troop surge" such as took place in Iraq would not be effective in Afghanistan. However, he was simultaneously saying that we were concentrating too much attention on Iraq & not enough to A'stan. Except for willingness to cross the P'stan border to pursue Al Qaeda operatives, he did not specify what *would* be effective in A'stan.

I guess he decided that a lot more troops there would be useful after all. Very clever of him, huh?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

I guess bho and the dems that voted for him were the only ones who did not know that things were the way they were for a reason and that reason was for the good of the country. In a perfect wold no war and no need to hold anyone. IN the real world bad people do bad things and you cannot allpy the same rules and idea that you do to the people in the perfect world.........
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

What a colossal mistake pfople who voted for Comrade Osama made, and the rest of us are going to have to pay for it.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    A new way to rationalize why a candidate can say/promise just about anything they want to during a campaign ... and then explain that they didn't know all the facts then, so it's okay to change your mind later.
    "There's a big difference between us -- speeches versus solutions, talk versus action. You know, some people may think words are change. But you and I know better. Words are cheap. I know it takes work."
    Hillary Clinton speaking about Obama at a General Motors plant in Ohio, February 2008.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791