The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alarming trend!

Default Alarming trend!

Due to our failure as a people to maintain high morals, values & standards and the relentless attack from the left on our American culture creating the dumbing down to the least common denominater......it's statistically just a matter of time!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3X5hIFXYU
    Stan b & Elvis

Maybe you should be asking why there is a clear relationship between economic prosperity and declining birth rate. That might provide better indications of effective approaches for reducing population growth worldwide. When India first began efforts to reduce population growth, one of te more successful strategies was to bring electricity to rural areas and build movie theaters. That was even more successful than education.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Maybe you should be asking why there is a clear relationship between economic prosperity and declining birth rate. That might provide better indications of effective approaches for reducing population growth worldwide. When India first began efforts to reduce population growth, one of te more successful strategies was to bring electricity to rural areas and build movie theaters. That was even more successful than education.
    So, it's our fault that the Muslim demographic is growing at an alarming rate?

In the largest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind who has recieved the most?

Oh, yeah, Muslim countrys.
    What the haves do with it is clearly not sharing with the have-nots

With all due respect, your spin won't work here.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    That explains the Amish.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I don't know if this development is "alarming". A high birth rate vs. a lower death rate normally accompanies emergent economies.

Muslims view contraception and abortion as sins as do some Christian faiths. Even in Christian societies were the religious prohibitions against contraception is strong, birthrate tends to drop, particularly as women become educated and enter the workforce. I suspect the same will happen as Muslim societies modernize.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

In the largest transfer of wealth in the history of mankind who has recieved the most?

Actually, I wasn't suggesting "fault" at all. I am suggesting that there are interesting issues about why prosperous peoples generally have declining birth rates (e.g. white Americans, most European countries, Japan, and China) and a separate set of interesting reasons why poorer peoples have higher birth rates (e.g., black and hispanic Americans, and the populations of most third world countries). If you prefer to view our own declining birth rate and the higher birth rates among poorer peoples as being the product of some conspiracy to attack Christian culture and steal our assets by sheer weight of numbers, you are welcome to do so. However, you are ignoring the fact that these same trends have been evident for the last century. The only thing that has changed has been the identities of the threatening hordes.

Eh just to be clear since his example is India, India is not a Muslim country
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Eh just to be clear since his example is India, India is not a Muslim country
    Did you watch the video?
    If not, than you won't get the point.

The video is not about India, it is about Muslim Demographics.

If you watch it, I don't think you will like it.

Having said that, I only know a couple of absolutes in life.
    One being;
    "Nothing lasts forever!"
    Stan b & Elvis

If you are looking to blame someone for the decline of Christianity you could start with the large segment of the population that calls itself Christian yet never steps foot in a church and has no idea what it believes at least until a beer commercial or self help book tells them. Or the wackos with big hair on TBN.

As far as Muslim evangelism in Europe, Christianity in Europe has been waning for decades, the Muslims may as well use the churches, the descendants of Christians are not. Humanism and reason, which in my view can be religions in and of themselves, have replaced Christianity in Europe. The Muslims are evangelizing rootless post moderns not Christians.

I honestly believe that in the free market place of ideas Christianity has nothing to fear from other religions, I do not fear another religion so much as someone telling me I cannot practice my religion. Our current (outside) threat is not from Islam, it is in fact from our own government trying to limit what can and cannot be said from our pulpits.

Even this, from a historical perspective, is not bad news for a Christian, persecution and adversity have historically always strengthened the Church. We should be absolutely fearless.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by K.Bullock View Post
    If you are looking to blame someone for the decline of Christianity you could start with the large segment of the population that calls itself Christian yet never steps foot in a church and has no idea what it believes at least until a beer commercial or self help book tells them. Or the wackos with big hair on TBN.

As far as Muslim evangelism in Europe, Christianity in Europe has been waning for decades, the Muslims may as well use the churches, the descendants of Christians are not. Humanism and reason, which in my view can be religions in and of themselves, have replaced Christianity in Europe. The Muslims are evangelizing rootless post moderns not Christians.

I honestly believe that in the free market place of ideas Christianity has nothing to fear from other religions, I do not fear another religion so much as someone telling me I cannot practice my religion. Our current (outside) threat is not from Islam, it is in fact from our own government trying to limit what can and cannot be said from our pulpits.

Even this, from a historical perspective, is not bad news for a Christian, persecution and adversity have historically always strengthened the Church. We should be absolutely fearless.
    I am not looking to "blame" anyone, but if I was, note the red portion of your post.

I believe I detailed where the decline of my vision of America came from.

I also found this video interesting.
    It was sent to me from a devoted Christian & great friend.
    I just thought it would be interesting to see the responses here.

And it is, so far.
    Stan b & Elvis