RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Trainer Recommendations for Montana

5K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ryan White 
#1 ·
We have some friends looking for a retriever trainer in Montana. Any suggestions? They have field goldens.

#2 ·
Montana has some very good trainers, Bill Totten of Twin Bridges, Eric Fangsrud, Karl Gunzer, Don Remein, Rob Erhardt and Carol Kackelmyer all are in the Mission Valley near Ronan.

I have been with Eric Fangsrud for years, he has six nice Goldens on his truck right now. I know Judy Rassmussen has some of her Goldens off and on with Karl, plus a few others. Karl had FC AFC Beau from puppyhood. Carol and Rob are very good with young dogs, Carol only does break out training while Rob will take a dog as far as you want him to go, right through all age.

There are also lots of gun dog and hunt test trainers. PM me your friends location, and I can give you some more names closer to their area if need be.

John

#3 ·
There are several in the Ronan,MT area. I train with Eric Fangsrud and he has 6 Goldens on his truck. There is also Karl Gunzer and he has several Goldens. Don Remein is also there, Rob Erhardt. In Twin Bridges, MT Bill Totten. Carol Kachelmeyer takes a limited number of pups for breakout. She does an suber job. She did my Golden KC. She will be in Ronan in June. She is currently in Southern California.

#5 ·
What about training groups around Helena? Looks like we're getting away from the East Coast and are either heading to the Helena area where the in-laws live or perhaps back to Seattle, whence we started our cross-country journey 10 years ago. Only thing turning me off about Helena, besides close proximity to in-laws :), is the cold!! oh, and perhaps finding one of those job-thingys...thanks!

#6 ·
Helena Valley Gun Dog Club. There are several FT and HT trainers around Helena with quite a bit of property access. Then there is Butte, about 1 hour South of Helena, they own their own dog property.

Helena isn't too bad for the cold, at least the sun shines there a lot. We train pretty much year around here.

Kris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.