The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Golf analyst in trouble for...

Default Golf analyst in trouble for...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/spor...rty.Criticism/

a joke he made in a column for a Dallas paper. Five people wrote pieces about President Bush moving to Dallas. Here is what has David Feherty in trouble.

"From my own experience visiting troops in the middle east, I can tell you this though, despite how the conflict has been portrayed in our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death."

He also wrote this about the George and Laura.

"Given the events of the past eight years, once George the Second escaped from Washington, D.C., I think most of us here in Dallas would have understood if he and the former First Missus had moved someplace a little more secluded than Preston Hollow. Like Area 51, maybe, or some sandbar in the Galapagos Islands, just so they could catch their breath for a couple of years and take stock of their lives."

All of the columns are here http://www.dmagazine.com/2009/03/23/...ome_No_43.aspx

We'll see if he gets the axe. I have no problem with what he said considering how liberals have attacked our troops for their own political gain. The comment made about the sacrifices Pelosi and Reid are making is a little disingenuos compared to what those in harms way are sacrificing. Especially, when they aren't getting paid six figure salaries and flown around the world on the taxpayers dime at their whims.

"We," as a society, have become too thin skinned and want to assert "our" rights over everyone elses rights. This comes at the expense of our society as a whole. We are not a kinder, friendlier nation.

Tom
    Tom Wall

The Feherty you get in print and the Feherty you get in person are the same guy....I have been on an exercise bike next to him many a time at our country club, and most of those times he had had about 50 beers the night before, he is non stop off the cuff sarcasm and humor. He tells it like it is and this country which has become so wussified and PC'ed to death can't handle the truth in his comments.