The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for the libertarian to rise up and be counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    Is it time for the libertarian to rise up and be counted?
    How would a libertarian rise up in a 2 party system?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    I got 80/100, libertarian. I am not a libertarian. The quiz was nice but too simplistic. There are positions the Libertarian party supports that I do not.

this makes me think back to a comment attributed to one of our contries founders. I don't know which one or, even if it is true. Our Constitution was written for a moral people. I do not support all the Libertarian parties social positions.

Tom
    ANd you support all the Republican positions??? I do not, but am still a republican....mostly or maybe a Libertarian....or not
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I scored; Libertarian Conservative. Real conservatism borders on Libetarian ideals. Guess I should have voted for Ron Paul.

Anyway, the fastest growing party in America today is the Independant Party. Until the Republicans free themselves of the social issues they want to get mired in, they are doomed to defeat at the ballot box!
    Last edited by Franco; 05-11-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

80/80 Libertarian

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    ANd you support all the Republican positions??? I do not, but am still a republican....mostly or maybe a Libertarian....or not
    Nope!

Tom
    Tom Wall

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 90%.
    According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

Not exactly a surprise....

I'm right square in the middle.........is that a good thing or bad thing or nothing?

How long before the Libertarian party is actually a viable option that is not throwing a vote away. Same goes with the green party. Not much different than throwing a vote away for McCain as a conservative
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

I would love to see the Libertarians stand up and stop claiming they are Republicans.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    I would love to see the Libertarians stand up and stop claiming they are Republicans.
    I'm sure you would. That would be great for the liberals. Unfortunately, those of us who fall in the libertarian/conservative grey area are people without a party but are definitely against liberalism, so we don't have much of a choice. This may be difficult to believe, but many of us "on the right" are not bible-thumping hicks. Many of us believe in individual liberty, individual responsibility and strong national defense as key values. So we can chose between the Democrats who openly tell us that they don't believe in our values or the Republicans who lie to us and tell us that they do believe in our values. Either way, we're screwed.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford