The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is it time for the libertarian to rise up and be counted?

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I'm sure you would. That would be great for the liberals. Unfortunately, those of us who fall in the libertarian/conservative grey area are people without a party but are definitely against liberalism, so we don't have much of a choice. This may be difficult to believe, but many of us "on the right" are not bible-thumping hicks. Many of us believe in individual liberty, individual responsibility and strong national defense as key values. So we can chose between the Democrats who openly tell us that they don't believe in our values or the Republicans who lie to us and tell us that they do believe in our values. Either way, we're screwed.
    That is why the Independent Party movement is growing by leaps and bounds. The Republicans can't shake the Religious Right and the bible thumpers will ride the Republican party into oblivion. No matter how much damage Obomo does to this country, he knows he can do whatever he pleases because the Republicans have self-distructed. Obomo knows the Republicans are done, finished, finni. Many Repubs see Sarah Palin as thier hope for 2012. Though a very decent woman, she helped McCain loose it in 08 because her appeal is so narrow.

The only chance "intelligent" has in returning to DC is through a new party and America is waiting for a candidate that is not a puppet of the extreme left or Religious Right to emerge. We can start by sending 99% on both houses home in 2010 and bring in civilians who want to serve.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I would probably join the Libertarian Party if they weren't so weak on defense and foreign policy. The Republicans should have a perfect opportunity right now to get on point with a positive message of conservatism, but they don't have any leadership and they've blown any credibility they might have had by acting like fiscal liberals for the last few years. And the left has done a masterful job of painting conservatism as intolerant and uncaring. Much like the right did to the term "liberal". So the left has smartly dusted off the word "progressive" in an attempt to remove the liberal stigma. How will conservatives respond? How will the Republican Party respond? Who knows, but I sure don't see anything positive happening right now. Meanwhile the three stooges are running rampant and the American public is eating it up.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

100% on personal, 30% on economic. I guess that just leaves me as a flaming liberal. Anyone surprised??

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I'm sure you would. That would be great for the liberals. Unfortunately, those of us who fall in the libertarian/conservative grey area are people without a party but are definitely against liberalism, so we don't have much of a choice. This may be difficult to believe, but many of us "on the right" are not bible-thumping hicks. Many of us believe in individual liberty, individual responsibility and strong national defense as key values. So we can chose between the Democrats who openly tell us that they don't believe in our values or the Republicans who lie to us and tell us that they do believe in our values. Either way, we're screwed.
    You're just proved what I suspected all along. The Republicans have been playing Libertarians and the Religious Right as suckers all along.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 50%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%.

Centrist Funny ...I don't feel like a centrist.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

100 personal, 60 economic. Libertarian.

I remember taking this before and being 100/50, pushing me into the liberal category. Wonder what's changed? Perhaps I'm reacting to the last 6 months of government??
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    100 personal, 60 economic. Libertarian.

I remember taking this before and being 100/50, pushing me into the liberal category. Wonder what's changed? Perhaps I'm reacting to the last 6 months of government??
    This administration is going to make a lot of conservatives out of borderline people.

I did not say the last 3 months; I said the last 6 months.

Did that on purpose.

Not much is going to make me conservative until the conservatives change their approaches to some things. But I seem to have been nudged to libertarian by the governance of the left and the right working together.

(And actually, I do think they're working together, as much as their little playfights in public seem to entertain everyone, they're not fooling me...)
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Johndrow View Post
    This administration is going to make a lot of conservatives out of borderline people.
    Probably depends on your definition of borderline people Que no?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 100%.

I voted mostly Libertarian in this last election although I held my nose and voted against Obammy (I voted for Palin and the old guy).

I do not agree with the foreign policy of many Libertarians. The philosophy is that we are hated in many other countries because of our interventionist policies. Whether that is correct or not, we are at war with radical Islamists and need to accept that and deal with it.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies