The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelosi blames Bush on waterboarding

The speaker has just committed political suicide. My guess, with midterms only a short time out, she resigns or is replaced. The press, that's been her saving grace until now, smells blood in the water and the story is going to be bigger than any loyalty they may feel twords her. Live by the sword die by the sword.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

I think MS.Pelosi must have been asleep during the CIA briefing she has emough botox in her face that she couldn't close her eyes.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

She keeps getting elected....
    Last edited by kjrice; 05-15-2009 at 02:52 AM.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

In an embarrassment for the administration, the director of national intelligence, Dennis Blair, told employees in a recent memo that interrogations that included waterboarding had secured useful intelligence. He later issued a public statement that said it was not known whether the same information could have been obtained without harsh techniques — the same position Obama has taken.
    Okay ... this is where we started on this issue. Yes, those methods got useful info. Maybe we could have gotten the same info without using these methods.

This part of Pelosi's recent statement may prove refutable:
    "We were told that waterboarding was not being used," the speaker said. "That's the only mention, that they were not using it. And we now know that earlier they were." She suggested the CIA release the briefing material.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce MacPherson View Post
    The speaker has just committed political suicide. My guess, with midterms only a short time out, she resigns or is replaced. The press, that's been her saving grace until now, smells blood in the water and the story is going to be bigger than any loyalty they may feel twords her. Live by the sword die by the sword.
    I don't think she'll resign or be forced out, but she is seriously bloodied for sure. And it's probably going to get worse for her. Like you said, the press smells blood in the water and her inept, fumbling press conference yesterday reeked of flop sweat and did nothing to put the story to bed. Instead she fanned the flames and called the CIA out as liars. The CIA (and the State Dept.) think of themselves as unelected and untouchable fourth branches of the govt. They're not going to like being publically called liars by a serial liar like Pelosi, and they will fight back in their own way. You can bet that if Pelosi was indeed briefed on "torture" (which hardly anyone doubts at this point), then that info is going to find its way to the press...secret or not. A corollary to Twain's warning about not arguing with folks who buy ink by the gallons, is that you probably shouldn't start a war of words with people who are paid to be ruthless and tricky.

Hoyer had about 45% of the votes against Pelosi last time the Dems voted for Speaker.
    Hoyer is working this hard.

Pelosi is in big trouble!

Pelosi will be out as Speaker House within 30 days!!
    Hoyer ain't much better.

just sayin'
    Stan b & Elvis

My guess is that if there is a list of people or organizations NOT to call out, the CIA would hav eto be in the top three don't you think?
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    My guess is that if there is a list of people or organizations NOT to call out, the CIA would hav eto be in the top three don't you think?
    Maybe they would be all three!!
    Stan b & Elvis

That's for sure, they can pee in a lot taller grass than pelosi, and I doubt god would be able help her, if she gets them irritated.
    We have not to gain his confidence or his friendship; he is born our friend; while his eyes are still closed, already he believes in us, even before his birth....
    -Maurice Maeterlinck

My guess is that if there is a list of people or organizations NOT to call out, the CIA would have to be in the top three don't you think?
    Yup the Good ole boys at Langley arent going to like being called liars by Madame Secretary...she might want to rethink those private charters jets that she has commissioned to get her from coast to coast...the CIA has friends in low places and they will make her life miserable..the thing with Pelosi is that she is punch drunk with POWER, she actually believes she is untouchable and above it all..she is about to find out she isnt
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"