RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Camo handling jacket

11K views 23 replies 17 participants last post by  Chad Johnson 
#1 ·
Anybody know where to get the mesh camo handling jacket?

#3 ·
I have been looking for the ASD mesh back jacket, and I can't find one anywhere. Anyone have an idea?

#5 ·
they had some of the old style handler jackets on sale not to long ago in KW1. but to be honest for a hunt test they are kinda pointless. i only wear mine when it is chilly in the morning and im trying to keep my arms warm or if there is a very dark background and i have a dark shirt on.

#8 ·
Isn't the point of a handlers jacket to aid the dog in seeing the handler at a distance? Camo seems to contradict the purpose.

#10 ·
At the Iowa Grand last year we ran in a cut corn field with standing corn behind us. Most handlers had KW 1 jackets which blended very well. After a few dogs ran people were coming to me looking for a Buck Brush jacket like I was wearing. It's all about the contrast to the environment behind you.

#13 ·
Your correct. It does not make it much easier for the dog to see the handler unless the background is really dark with the KW1 jacket or really light(cat tail) and using the buck brush pattern. It is more of a convenience thing for people that run HRC. Since you are required to wear camo at the line, it is something that is light, and can be slipped over your current clothes to use during the test so that you do not have to wear camo all day. Most camo that I own except for my turkey hunting camo is heavy duty and hot when its not cold close to the 30s and the last test I ran, it was close to 85 degrees that day. Like I said, its more of a convenience thing than a handlers aid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.