The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "right to vote" for POTUS

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    I think only sole property owners that pass a basic Civics Test in English should have the right to vote and pay a poll tax!

On another voting subject;

Several states dominated by Democrats are going to be asking for a bailout. States like California, Massachusetts, Michigan and Florida are in deep financial doo doo. We know how this current administration likes to throw money at every concieved problem so, should these states loose the right to vote if they get bailed out with borrowed money that tax payers will have to repay one day?
    Interesting that two of the states you mention (CA/FL) have Republican governors now and for the last several years and another (MA) had a Republican governor for many years until a recent turnover. Is that what we call Democratic domination?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Interesting that two of the states you mention (CA/FL) have Republican governors now and for the last several years and another (MA) had a Republican governor for many years until a recent turnover. Is that what we call Democratic domination?
    California had a great Gov. in Wilson. But, he wasn't sensative to the "gay" or "illegals" issues and was was voted out for other Govs with softer brains.

Yes, Fla, Mich and Mass had Republican govs, that is in name only.
    What do these states all have in common? A huge illegal problem that they can't talk about because it isn't PC!
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Although Mass may have had "Republican" governors, we have been completely, as Booty says, "dominated by Democrats".....

Here is the current Republican representation in Mass:

U.S. Senators:
    • None
    Massachusetts Statewide Officers:
    • None
    Control of the State Legislature
    • Seats Held in the State House of Representatives: 16 (10%)
    • Seats Held in the State Senate: 5 (12.5%)
    Members of the United States Congress:
    • None

It has been this way for as long as I can remember. To believe that Mass is or has been anything but "dominated by Democrats" is simply not true.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

It wouldn't hurt my feelings if prospective voters had to take a written test to show they had a grasp of the issues in elections. I also think that one ought to be an incometaxpayer or have paied such taxes in the past, eg retired people. The freeloaders shouldn't be voting our taxes up.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

There is no 'right" to drive a car, but yet you must pass a written & a proficiency test in order to get a license to do so. I think that who's running the country is bit more important than that.

If you can't read the ballot and understand how it works, i.e. "butterfly ballots, hanging "chads" etc., you have NO business voting for the Presidential electors or any other office, imo! It's not "rocket surgery"!

Also, if you're old enough to enlist, fight & die for this country, you're damn well old enough to vote for the CinC that going to send you there.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    It wouldn't hurt my feelings if prospective voters had to take a written test to show they had a grasp of the issues in elections. I also think that one ought to be an incometaxpayer or have paied such taxes in the past, eg retired people. The freeloaders shouldn't be voting our taxes up.

HEAR! HEAR! That includes members of the cabinet.

But I'm with the folks that are saying if we could just stop the dead and illegals from voting...so frequently..

Like when our mentally challenged Democrat Senator in Sodak won, by getting more votes from the Pine Ridge reservation than there are people...period.

Dayum, I'm even contemplating running against Johnson next time. Getting that res vote is soooo simple...Busch and ice cream.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.