The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gooberment Motors...death of GM

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post

Somebody tell me again why WE gave them Billions a few months ago? Was that not to prevent bankrupcy
    We gave it to the UAW to keep them working. That's where the $ will end up. Afterall, they voted for Oboma in lock-step.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Booty View Post
    they voted for Oboma in lock-step.

Don't you mean "GOOSE STEP" ?

I dunno, do they live in Iowa?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

So um, I have a Chevrolet truck and it is financed through gmac. It seems now I also own Chevrolet and gmac. Wouldn’t it be prudent to avoid the middle man and mail my truck payment to myself?
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Bora View Post
    So um, I have a Chevrolet truck and it is financed through gmac. It seems now I also own Chevrolet and gmac. Wouldn’t it be prudent to avoid the middle man and mail my truck payment to myself?
    You are forgetting about the payment of the interest, let alone any principle that you Mr Taxpayer - GM owner is on the line for. Can we get away with defaulting on money owed to foreign entities? The money we are either borrowing or printing to finance the madness that is Washington DC.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-28-2009 at 08:14 PM.

The real problem with this gubernut involvement in a private industry is the rule of law has been broken. The fixed income folks, the debtors, bond holder, preferred stock holder get pennies on the dollar while the UAW get a huge % of what's left. So in the future if you want to buy a corporate bond what assurance do you have you'll be in the front of the line just behind the bankers??? Right ... zero, and that the real problem with the car czar stealing.

One of my all time favorite commercials in the 70's was the "Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet" ad. I can still remember the jingle.

With next Monday's filing they'll be gone and I can only imagine some of the new models...the biden, the hillary, the dear leader and the algore to name a few. All putt-putts that will never survive highway driving against 18-wheelers.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

"Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet"

We live in Cuba now.
    The new ad campaign for Goob Motors is,

"Soccer, tacos, fried bananas and Chebby"