The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Questionable breeding practices

Default Questionable breeding practices

Never new this was such a sought after trait. "Matched with Jake she has the ability to produce the rare liver nosed yellow labs." "She is registered with AKC as a yellow per their standards and she has a beautiful pale yellow coat but inside is the DNA to show she is more chocolate than anything! Her puppies will be both yellow and chocolate." This breeder in washington may need a bit more education before breeding anymore.
    Last edited by Vicky Trainor; 05-20-2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added a quote

You left out the best part. They think they can breed labs that live well into their 20's, maybe longer. Also, here's a giggle, they call their dudley's "white chocolates." Unreal.
    ---------------------------------------------
    HRCH "Boomer" MH
    UH HR "Hunter" SH (RIP)

"When you go to a test or a trial, your dog should be underwhelmed." ~ Evan Graham

"It is unreasonable to expect a dog to be more precise than you are." ~ Rex Carr

"You own what you condone." ~ Mike Lardy

Too many quotes to post that's why I left the link. Not seeing peds or health clearances and a one year hip contract well isn't that convenient since you can't certify them till two.

No pedigree
    No health certs
    No performance or conformance points, etc.

They do offer advanced family dog training and 3 flavors of chocolate though.
    One of the best feelings in the world is watching your hunting buddy bring back a duck you shot with her tail wagging.

Oh my God, what a joke. I feel sorry for either folks buying one there or them if they're really that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasEd View Post
    They do offer advanced family dog training and 3 flavors of chocolate though.
    There is some creative marketing.
    Joni
    I don't wear black because it makes me look slim, I wear black because it hides the dog hair.

Quote Originally Posted by oaklandbay View Post
    This breeder in washington may need a bit more education before breeding anymore.
    I think instead of posting the link and basically saying "look what a dumbazz, this person is" ,I would email with a compliment about something and offer friendship and of course if they are new to the breed offer any help from my experience that I may have. I have found that 9 times out of 10, NOBODY (other breeders) ever took the time to show any kindness or was willing to lend a hand. I can't tell you how many times folks new to the breed have called me and ended our converstation with "Thank you for taking time with me, everybody else was so unkind and I ended up feeling like crap for even asking". So usually these folks just try the ol' "Guess I'll figure it out" route. I love Labs, always have, and I find it best to extend the hand of friendship,if it will any way at all benefit the breed, instead of pointing fingers and passing judgement. Having said all that, there ARE times it's best not to "cast your pearls". Some folks just have no interest or love of the breed, they are just involved for THIER benefit.

I like how the one stud has, paraphrasing here, "a special flap in his nose that closes that allows him to go under water"

and no I didn't make that up!

So seriously, either these folks really need to be educated to what they are doing or are great con artists.
    A great irony is the definition of a puppy mill page they have that talks about a good breeder being knowledgeable.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

I can't count the number of times I have called ads with goldens listed for sale,and ask for clearances,and if they don't have them, explain them, send them information, brochures,eg. I have offered advice, some choose not to bred, some choose to do it anyway,and some go and go it right,and then get into shows, obedience and /or field workand get hooked for life.. So sometimes it can't hurt to educate when yu have the time and yes, the patience..
    It is worth a try....

maria

willowbrook goldens

Quote Originally Posted by PridezionLabs View Post
    I think instead of posting the link and basically saying "look what a dumbazz, this person is" ,I would email with a compliment about something and offer friendship and of course if they are new to the breed offer any help from my experience that I may have. I have found that 9 times out of 10, NOBODY (other breeders) ever took the time to show any kindness or was willing to lend a hand. I can't tell you how many times folks new to the breed have called me and ended our converstation with "Thank you for taking time with me, everybody else was so unkind and I ended up feeling like crap for even asking". So usually these folks just try the ol' "Guess I'll figure it out" route. I love Labs, always have, and I find it best to extend the hand of friendship,if it will any way at all benefit the breed, instead of pointing fingers and passing judgement. Having said all that, there ARE times it's best not to "cast your pearls". Some folks just have no interest or love of the breed, they are just involved for THIER benefit.
    Very well stated....
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein