The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever wonder why Obama uses a tele promptor?

Give the guy a break, what can we expect from a Community Organizer Grad Student?
    GY

The word "Politics," is derived from "Poly," meaning Many and from "Ticks," meaning Blood Sucking Parasites-Kinky Freidman.

Cool

If you really want to know who is controlling him it is the God Father Mayor (I can't speak worth a s**t) Daley. That is why he needs a teleprompter. Every thing he does is based on what Daley has told him that is why he needs a to have everything scripted. If you look real close you will see the fine strings hanging on OneBigA**MistakeAmerica and if you see he is always looking up wondering what Daley will do next.

It is interesting that Doonesbury has picked up on this , it will also be interesting to see if it becomes the Messiah's signature.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

Newsflash, earth to Roger! Your guy won! Bush is not president any more, so better use all that spare time you spent to collect Bush quotes to defend your boy Obongo.
    Sorry, Obama is not my guy. I am a registered independent and have no party affiliation. If I see Obama screwing up or lying like Bush 43 did I will speak out against him as I did with Bush.

With Obama being in office for only a few months, it is too soon for me to form an opinion one way or another about his administration.

Lemme help Roger, I'll start with his, to paraphrase, I don't want to run the auto industry... 50m down the drain and We do. Or let's look at torture ... we won't do but we condone it and let our "friends", say the Saudis do it & hope they share after they run hot knives into the victim's chest.... no cajones. Or let's nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet... if that doesn't show his management ability perhaps the fact he's, small h intended, never run a thing but sure has had his strings pulled.

He reminds me of Edgar Bergen, my question remains whom is his Charlie McCarthy?? The Chicago mob or the hospital that paid his wife >300k/yr for a 20hr/wk job .. that's not being filled.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

He reminds me less of Edgar Bergan than he does of Mortimer Snerd!
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by txbadger View Post
    Or let's look at torture ... we won't do but we condone it and let our "friends", say the Saudis do it & hope they share after they run hot knives into the victim's chest.... no cajones.

Or let's nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet... if that doesn't show his management ability perhaps the fact he's, small h intended, never run a thing but sure has had his strings pulled.

He reminds me of Edgar Bergen, my question remains whom is his Charlie McCarthy?? The Chicago mob or the hospital that paid his wife >300k/yr for a 20hr/wk job .. that's not being filled.

1st, most of the torture was done by the Bush administration.

2nd, Yes he did nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet, which the Senate and House approved. And, talk about someone pulling strings, Cheney was the puppeteer pulling Bush's strings.

I am more interested in how Obama is going to deal with the North Korea problem. Bush has diminished our Military capacity by invading Iraq based on "weapons of mass destruction", and he did next to nothing regarding North Korea who he labled an axis of evil.

I am also interested on how Obama will get us out of the ecomonic termoil that Bush put us in. We had a balanced budget with a surplus when Bush took office and has left our country Trillions of dollars in debt when he left office. not to mention the quagmire he left behind in Iraq and Afganistan.

These problems will not rectify themselves overnight, it will take some time for us to see the results on the path that Obama has chosen to take. But, if Obama's plan for recovery does not work you will hear me speak out against his policies.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by txbadger View Post
    . Or let's nominate some tax evaders to the Cabinet... if that doesn't show his management ability perhaps the fact he's, small h intended, never run a thing but sure has had his strings pulled.

Obama is not the only one who makes mistakes when picking people for jobs.

Former Bush Homeland Security pick indicted

May 27, 2009 - 7:15am.

By DOUG THOMPSON

Former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik, the man former President George W. Bush wanted to head Homeland Security, now faces charges of lying about taking bribes from contractors who rennovated his New York apartment while serving as the Big Apple's top cop.
    A federal grand jury indicted Kerik for making false statements about his relationships with the contractors during the vetting process for the Homeland Security job.
    Kerik withdrew from consideration for the Homeland Security job when allegations arose about his employment of a nanny with questionable immigration status but rumors circulated around Washington at the time that he had other, more serious problems.
    Kerik was just one in a long line of questionable Bush picks for sensitive jobs.

Do you remember "Brownie you are doing a heck of a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Obama is not the only one who makes mistakes when picking people for jobs.

Former Bush Homeland Security pick indicted

May 27, 2009 - 7:15am.

By DOUG THOMPSON

Former New York police commissioner Bernard Kerik, the man former President George W. Bush wanted to head Homeland Security, now faces charges of lying about taking bribes from contractors who rennovated his New York apartment while serving as the Big Apple's top cop.
    A federal grand jury indicted Kerik for making false statements about his relationships with the contractors during the vetting process for the Homeland Security job.
    Kerik withdrew from consideration for the Homeland Security job when allegations arose about his employment of a nanny with questionable immigration status but rumors circulated around Washington at the time that he had other, more serious problems.
    Kerik was just one in a long line of questionable Bush picks for sensitive jobs.

Do you remember "Brownie you are doing a heck of a job?"
    You're right, people make mistakes and can misjudge character easily, but that's why there is a vetting process to dig into the person's actions and characteristics. I'm glad Kerik withdrew, as he should of, just as many of BO's picks did. But what's disturbing is how the current admin can/did push tax delinquents thru. And now the current admin and media is warning not to ask the tough & moral questions for Sotomayor or else they'll be politically assassinated, so much for a true vetting process and doing their civic duties.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WaterDogRem View Post
    You're right, people make mistakes and can misjudge character easily, but that's why there is a vetting process to dig into the person's actions and characteristics. I'm glad Kerik withdrew, as he should of, just as many of BO's picks did. But what's disturbing is how the current admin can/did push tax delinquents thru. And now the current admin and media is warning not to ask the tough & moral questions for Sotomayor or else they'll be politically assassinated, so much for a true vetting process and doing their civic duties.
    Just what are the tough and moral questions that need to be asked?

I do not recall John Roberts being asked any tough or moral questions unless Bush asked him in advance of appointing him.