A Hawk Springs man says he saved his dog's life after sucking venom from a rattlesnake bite out of the animal's nose.
But a nurse at the hospital in Torrington later told Bobby Jenkins that's not a good idea.
Jenkins says he began feeling ill after getting his dog, Tank, to a veterinarian. He went to the hospital and received a dose of antivenin.
In all, Jenkins needed four vials of antivenin at a cost of $3,500 per vial.
Meanwhile, Jenkins says his dog's head swelled up to three times its normal size. Tank had been bitten after running under some equipment on the family ranch.
The dog also received antivenin and both Jenkins and his dog have recovered.