The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Expensive lesson!

Default Expensive lesson!

A Hawk Springs man says he saved his dog's life after sucking venom from a rattlesnake bite out of the animal's nose.

But a nurse at the hospital in Torrington later told Bobby Jenkins that's not a good idea.
    Jenkins says he began feeling ill after getting his dog, Tank, to a veterinarian. He went to the hospital and received a dose of antivenin.

In all, Jenkins needed four vials of antivenin at a cost of $3,500 per vial.

Meanwhile, Jenkins says his dog's head swelled up to three times its normal size. Tank had been bitten after running under some equipment on the family ranch.

The dog also received antivenin and both Jenkins and his dog have recovered.
    Steph

Brittany - Border Collie/Springer Spaniel CGC - 03/03/1999 - 12/05/2014 My everything!
    Meka- Basset/Aussie
    Zoe's Taller N Me - Zoe Irish Wolfhound 9/04/2004 - 11/20/2013 I love you Big Girl!
    Ember Raise The Bar CGC - Corona (a fluffy)
    Embers Aint Misbehavin - Flirt (Corona's mini me)

A good friend helps you up when you fall. A best friend pees their pants laughing and trips you again!

Wow sounds like they are both very lucky! I have heard a few stories that turned out for the worst. If i was in that situation i would have and i think most people would do the same thing. I am glad where we live we do not have to worry about venomous snakes but it is always a concern when you travel to places with your pets. I am glad it turned out that way for them!
    HRCH Scotts Ten Gage Hunter SH EIC-Clear
    (FC-AFC Cuda's Blue Ryder MH x HRCH Lietner Farms Dark Breez SH)

Van's Smokin Kaycee EIC -Clear
    (Esprit's out of the Woods QAA x Van's Smokin Pepper)

My dogs listen better than my kids

I doubt I would intentionally ingest a poisonous substance. The dog’s life would depend on the speed I could get him to the vet. I think that person watched too many episodes of Bonanza as a child. I am glad they both survived the episode.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Thank God for Wisconsin!
    Dogs have many friends because they wag their tails, not their tongues.