The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: North Korea tests nuke

I hear that Dear Leader is frantic because Vice President Chia Pet broke his teleprompter yesterday!! How will he communicate to his subjects?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    In light of where your nasal passages are currentlly residing....I doubt you can see much of anything.
    At least I do not have my head in the sand. I am still waiting to see what Obama does with this situation. I love a good debate. I may not be the sharpest tack in the box but I can take either side and still put up a good debate.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 05-28-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    At least I do not have my head in the sand. I am still waiting to see what Obama does with this situation. I love a good debate. I may not be the sharpest tack in the box but I can take either side and still put up a good debate.

What are you waiting to see? How do you think the admin has handled it so far? How should the admin handle this? The admin has already said they and Iran should not be allowed to have nuke capability, but haven't done anything about it yet.

Should we wait till they do another nuke test? Another missile test over Japan or farther? Or wait till they have the capabilities to combine the two?

If in fact your head is not in the sand then you have proven my point for me. In the 3+ years that I have been here you have never taken any stance other then the ultra-far left.

Here's how I see it....Bush would have liked to have done something about Korea but was saddled with 2 unpopular wars, extremely low ratings/support and possibly/probably the lives of countless South Koreans and Americans to consider (if not more) = hands tied. BO, (my guess is) would like it to all go away. While having extremely high ratings, probably would not have the support since he still has the 2 wars and possibly/probably the lives of countless South Koreans and Americans to consider (if not more) = hands tied.

Now Roger....shock me and give me a far right stance.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    If in fact your head is not in the sand then you have proven my point for me. In the 3+ years that I have been here you have never taken any stance other then the ultra-far left.

Here's how I see it....Bush would have liked to have done something about Korea but was saddled with 2 unpopular wars, extremely low ratings/support and possibly/probably the lives of countless South Koreans and Americans to consider (if not more) = hands tied. BO, (my guess is) would like it to all go away. While having extremely high ratings, probably would not have the support since he still has the 2 wars and possibly/probably the lives of countless South Koreans and Americans to consider (if not more) = hands tied.

Now Roger....shock me and give me a far right stance.
    Your right, W was saddled by 2 wars, one unnecessary of his own choosing, the other we had a presence in but was hardly a full scale war because Bush was too pre-occupied with Iraq to worry about the telaban. They surficed as an excuse not to do anything when Korea did their nucular testing. Now we really are saddled with 2 wars, the one in Afganistan which should have been a priority for the last 8 years is now becoming the priority it deserves to crush the talaban, and of course he is trying to get is out of Iraq where we should have never been. What do you propose we do against Korea? Do you want us to go in and do a precision air strike against their nucular development hq, or maybe try and take out their prime minister? Are you prepared for a 3rd war at this time. Sounds like you believe we should react swiftly and forcefully and then think about the consequences later. What the He!!, some of you right wingers just want to blow hot air with little regard for the consequences. Bud
    Bud Bass, aka akblackdawg

"Your life today is a result of your attitude and the decisions you made yesterday. Your life tomorrow will be the result of your attitude and the decisions you make today." unknown

I may not be the sharpest tack in the box but I can take either side and still put up a good debate.
    After just now seeing you take a John Bolton op-ed (yeah, you know the uber neo-con that you love to hate...that John Bolton) and cut and paste it (without attribution or acknowledgement) in support of a point that you're trying to make, I must admit that you are indeed quite the contortionist in finding new ways to continue to answer every knock against Obama with some form of, "Well, Bush did it too." "Good debate?" Perhaps at the Gompers Middle School Model United Nations Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    After just now seeing you take a John Bolton op-ed (yeah, you know the uber neo-con that you love to hate...that John Bolton) and cut and paste it (without attribution or acknowledgement) in support of a point that you're trying to make, I must admit that you are indeed quite the contortionist in finding new ways to continue to answer every knock against Obama with some form of, "Well, Bush did it too." "Good debate?" Perhaps at the Gompers Middle School Model United Nations Club.
    Again, Hew is this the best you can do?

Enlighten us, what would Hew do in this situation? Be specific. Outline your plan for the US to deal with N. Korea. Please try to be realistic in your proposals. Previous administrations have wrestled with this problem for quite some time without success. If you have some magic panacea that has been overlooked, please come forward now. The world is waiting.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

As for North Korea...

I don't really know what more Obama/the United States can do/should do than we're already doing and have already done. Obama inherited a nuclear North Korea, just as Bush inherited a nuclear North Korea. Some blame can be laid at Clinton's feet since he a) approved Jimmy Carter to travel to North Korea where that bumbling idiot got his/our pockets picked by the North Koreans, and b) was dumb enough to sign off on Carter's hare-brained negotiated result. But really, when you get down to brass tacks, North Korea has been ruled by some absolutely insane F-R-E-A-K-S who have their fingers wrapped around the throats of the 25 million South Koreans who live within artillery range of the DMZ and there's only so much than ANY president can/should do. No country wants those idiots to have nukes; particularly not China. A nuke-capable North Korea will soon result in a nuke-capable Japan (who are deathly afraid of North Korea...rightfully so). China is deathly afraid of a nuke-capable Japan (again, rightfully so). We've got a seat at the poker table, but those with the most chips on the table are the South Koreans, China and Japan. Let them solve it. In the meantime we should support our South Korean and Japanese allies however they best see fit. Of course, if North Korea tries to export their nuke capacity to other nutbags then we have an obligation to step up the pressure.

As for North Korea...

I don't really know what more Obama/the United States can do/should do than we're already doing and have already done. Obama inherited a nuclear North Korea, just as Bush inherited a nuclear North Korea. Some blame can be laid at Clinton's feet since he a) approved Jimmy Carter to travel to North Korea where that bumbling idiot got his/our pockets picked by the North Koreans, and b) was dumb enough to sign off on Carter's hare-brained negotiated result. But really, when you get down to brass tacks, North Korea has been ruled by some absolutely insane F-R-E-A-K-S who have their fingers wrapped around the throats of the 25 million South Koreans who live within artillery range of the DMZ and there's only so much than ANY president can/should do. No country wants those idiots to have nukes; particularly not China. A nuke-capable North Korea will soon result in a nuke-capable Japan (who are deathly afraid of North Korea...rightfully so). China is deathly afraid of a nuke-capable Japan (again, rightfully so). We've got a seat at the poker table, but those with the most chips on the table are the South Koreans, China and Japan. Let them solve it. In the meantime we should support our South Korean and Japanese allies however they best see fit. Of course, if North Korea tries to export their nuke capacity to other nutbags then we have an obligation to step up the pressure.
    Thank you for a reasonable, and cognizant answer. I hope others recognize this.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Banned

As for North Korea...

I agree, that is a good answer. However both Russia and China (North Korean allies) for the first time are in agreement with the United States that something needs to be done about North Korea's nuclear capabilities especially since North Korea underground testing so close to the Russian boarder.