The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotomayor?

To "the Obama" she is to the center.
    That's debatable.

To me, could have been better, could have been worse.

just sayin'
    Stan b & Elvis

She is one of the consequences of losing the election. Let's just pray one of the Conservative Judges doesn't have to leave the bench in the next 4 years.
    That would be a dissaster.

Undecided just yet in this one. I think the pick could have been much worse. What I will say is I think BHO is just as concerned with leaving historical marks as he is with anything else. I am still not really sure what this woman’s childhood or her mother has to do with much of anything. Would she be more or less qualified if she grew up in a rich affluent neighborhood? So far most of what I have read or seen of tv about her is her childhood and upbringing and I could not give a fat rats azz about it. Give me substance not fluff please.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Undecided just yet in this one. I think the pick could have been much worse. What I will say is I think BHO is just as concerned with leaving historical marks as he is with anything else. I am still not really sure what this woman’s childhood or her mother has to do with much of anything. Would she be more or less qualified if she grew up in a rich affluent neighborhood? So far most of what I have read or seen of tv about her is her childhood and upbringing and I could not give a fat rats azz about it. Give me substance not fluff please.
    When fluff is all you got, fluff is all you get!!

just sayin'
    Stan b & Elvis

Justice is suppose to be Blind. Shouldn't matter your skin color, how much money you have, your gender, etc...Supremme Court makes rulings per the existing Laws (Constitution).

Sonia Sotomayer made a statement regarding her gender, race and position in life that she believes makes her judgement better than someone of a different gender, race and position.

As far as I'm concerned she is racist and opinionated and not suited for the Supreme Court.
    Peter Linn

Is he your best buddy or just a notch on your belt? Train to teach, be fair.

Choctaw's Esperando La Magica "Breeze" ** MH
    Surfer Joe II

http://www.k9data.com/pedigree.asp?ID=146721

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-fodder-to-f/

http://tinyurl.com/olphb2

Sotomayor reversed 60% by high court
    By Stephen Dinan (Contact) | Wednesday, May 27, 2009

With Judge Sonia Sotomayor already facing questions over her 60 percent reversal rate, the Supreme Court could dump another problem into her lap next month if, as many legal analysts predict, the court overturns one of her rulings upholding a race-based employment decision.

Three of the five majority opinions written by Judge Sotomayor for the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals and reviewed by the Supreme Court were reversed, providing a potent line of attack raised by opponents Tuesday after President Obama announced he will nominate the 54-year-old Hispanic woman to the high court.

-more-

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Not a very nice tone Jdog
    Well, excuuuuuse meeeee...

"I think I'd rather be water boarded, then to read anymore of Cotts posts on this issue." -Hoosier

Exactly the feeling I was having with the unsubstantiated blanket statements by Goose and eildydar.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...s-fodder-to-f/

http://tinyurl.com/olphb2

Sotomayor reversed 60% by high court
    By Stephen Dinan (Contact) | Wednesday, May 27, 2009

With Judge Sonia Sotomayor already facing questions over her 60 percent reversal rate, the Supreme Court could dump another problem into her lap next month if, as many legal analysts predict, the court overturns one of her rulings upholding a race-based employment decision.

Three of the five majority opinions written by Judge Sotomayor for the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals and reviewed by the Supreme Court were reversed, providing a potent line of attack raised by opponents Tuesday after President Obama announced he will nominate the 54-year-old Hispanic woman to the high court.

-more-
    Three reversals in 380 opinions does not constitute 60%. Can you link to something more substantial than a sentence in an article in The Washington Times?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Three reversals in 380 opinions does not constitute 60%. Can you link to something more substantial than a sentence in an article in The Washington Times?

JD
    Yeah, heaven forbid you actually read the article to determine where they derived the 60% figure.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post

JD
    You are wrong!!! The Supreme Court overturned 60% of her cases that it heard.

You can't show me stats that disagree with the Supreme Court overturnning 60% of her cases that it heard.

60% is 60%.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.