The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sotomayor?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    She hates our Constitution as much as Dear Leader hates our Constitution. Her decisions are constantly being overturned because she blatantly disregards the law. Forrest Gump would have been a better choice.

We live in Cuba now.
    Mr. Goose,
    I like others, had never heard of Sotomayor before today. I have yet to form an opinion on her. I have been doing some research today.
    Could you cite your references for her hatred of the constitution? Also, the decisions overturned because of her disregard for the law? The SCOTUS would be the court that would hear an appeal of any ruling from the US Court of appeals.

CIVIL LITIGATION
    Since joining the Second Circuit in 1998, Sotomayor has authored over 150 opinions, addressing a wide range of issues, in civil cases. To date, two of these decisions have been overturned by the Supreme Court; a third is under review and likely to be reversed. In those two cases (and likely the third), Sotomayorís opinion was rejected by the Supreme Courtís more conservative majority and adopted by its more liberal dissenters (including Justice Souter). Those outcomes suggest that Sotomayorís views would in many respects be similar to those of Justice Souter.

Source; http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/judge-s...n-civil-cases/

Having two rulings reversed out of some 150 is hardly constantly.

Are you making stuff up?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

look up her district court ruling which is what i believe were over turned. I only heard this on the news this morning but didn't research it so don't kill the messenger haha

I think you have it wrong she found in favor of the white fireman in New Haven who's test were thrown out because of the low pass rate of minority fireman. She may not be as liberal as you think. Plus she will be the only one on the Supreme Court who has lenghty experience as a judge.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

No I'm wrong she found against the white fireman who's exams were thrown out.
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    look up her district court ruling which is what i believe were over turned. I only heard this on the news this morning but didn't research it so don't kill the messenger haha
    No desire to kill the messenger here, but please if you have legitimate sources, please cite them. I am trying to formulate an opinion based on fact, not on heresay. Your input, if indeed factual, would be appreciated by all here.

'I heard it on the news', does not constitute fact, as we all know.

The 'News' as we all know is biased.

Please, if you have some link to reversals of District Court rulings, please share them.

I provided a link in my above post. Can you not do as much?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

nope don't have sources and was trying to be upfront as possible about that fact in my post i told you where i heard the information and what that info was and even said that i hadn't done any research on it. if you would like to investigate further please go ahead and find the info or prove me wrong i don't care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    nope don't have sources and was trying to be upfront as possible about that fact in my post i told you where i heard the information and what that info was and even said that i hadn't done any research on it. if you would like to investigate further please go ahead and find the info or prove me wrong i don't care lol.
    Prove you wrong?.... bloviate much do ya eildydar...nah...nah...

"i don't care lol."

obviously!

Then, in the vernacular of the righties of RTF...shut yer pie-hole.

Make a statement...then back it up.

Truly laughing out loud regards,

JD

OK ... sorry, Eildydar. I take back the pie-hole remark. But, Dammit man...if you're gonna make statements... be prepared to backem up.
    Nobody, except some of the other right-wing loonies here are gonna buy it.

Get it? Got it? Good.

JD

The fact that I wasn't immediately outraged when she was announced as the pick says he could have gone a lot further left than he did.
    "The longer you let a dog go in the wrong direction the more they think they are going in the right direction" Don Remien.

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    OK ... sorry, Eildydar. I take back the pie-hole remark. But, Dammit man...if you're gonna make statements... be prepared to backem up.
    Nobody, except some of the other right-wing loonies here are gonna buy it.

Get it? Got it? Good.

JD
    Not a very nice tone Jdog