The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Postmodernism...

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I didn't read the links, but I have to wonder, considering all the different brands of Christianity out there, how do we know which ones are "twisted" and which ones are not?
    Hookset, Christians of all sects have some very important things in common known in the church as "the essentials". The trinity, the deity of Christ, his crucifixion, resurrection. That it is necessary trust in Christ to enter heaven. There are a ton of nuances between the many sects how you go about all of that, but those are the basics and essentials that have been agreed upon by all for centuries.

There are some from liberal academia teaching Gnosticsm or humanism in the place of Christianity claiming to be Christians, it is not that shocking they have always been there. Knowing they exist is good, chasing them down in my view is a waste of time. In Colsons case Mclaren wrote a very public article criticizing Colson, Mclaren is a publicity hound and has attacked conservative Christians publicly on more than one occasion it seems to me it is usually about the time he is about to release a book.
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I'm aware of that. I was raised in a Christian home and have a significant level of experience with Baptists, Methodists and Episcopalians. I have sent all of my children to private Christian schools. I just get tired of the "my way or the highway" attitude some so-called Christians have. I little to Taliban-ish for me.
    There's probably nothing to be gained by my contributions to this thread, so I'll politely bow out now.
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I'm aware of that. I was raised in a Christian home and have a significant level of experience with Baptists, Methodists and Episcopalians. I have sent all of my children to private Christian schools. I just get tired of the "my way or the highway" attitude some so-called Christians have. I little to Taliban-ish for me.
    There's probably nothing to be gained by my contributions to this thread, so I'll politely bow out now.
    Thats, the problem with the Taliban ..the good guys tend to stay indoors when they come around proselytizing. I appreciate your sentiments.
    Last edited by K.Bullock; 05-28-2009 at 09:48 AM.

Ditto!!!
    Don't know what a rational fair-minded post is doing on POTUS though

My God is better than your God, regards

Save us the huge pile of scriptural quotes and just tell us what you believe.

Matt,

I believe those "huge pile of scriptural quotes"...did you read them?

And in what way was my original question "dubious"?

In that your question gives rise to uncertainty about God's preserved Word of truth. If, as you suggest in your question, there is no way to discern what truth is in terms of Christian doctrine and what is false Christian doctrine then what hope have we been given? Did God leave us to the "ravenous wolves" described in scripture (teachers of false doctrine) unprepared to do battle?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

thought for the daythe only one that really matters)
    to who/what do you trust for YOUR salvation?
    correct answer= JESUS as SAVIOUR period not plus anything else
    i would also like to add you either know HIM or you dont and only you can answer that for yourself. have a blessed day. hoping for mankind regards

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Ditto!!!
    Don't know what a rational fair-minded post is doing on POTUS though

My God is better than your God, regards
    Or if your dyslexic, my dog is better than your dog regards.

Baptists, Methodists, Pentecostals, Anglicans, Lutherans, Calvinists, Catholics, Seventh Day Adventists, Episcopalians, etc, etc, etc. Which ones are "false Christianity" and which ones preach the "one true gospel"? Save us the huge pile of scriptural quotes and just tell us what you believe.
    None! That is because man has not come to realize the "why" of our exsistance and never will.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

None! That is because man has not come to realize the "why" of our exsistance and never will.

Booty, you really cannot be serious with that statement?

Do you really know what is being talked about when the term Gospel is being used? If you do I would like to read your understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ...please post what you understand the Gospel to be.

Last edited by Keith Farmer; 05-28-2009 at 06:42 PM.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Here is one definition from Wikipedia;
    In Christianity, a gospel (from Old English, gōd spell "good news") is to be generally one of the first four books of the New Testament that describe the birth, life, ministry, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus. The four canonical texts are the Gospel of Matthew, Gospel of Mark, Gospel of Luke and Gospel of John, probably written between 65 and 100 AD.

My definition;
    Ancient Middleastern man’s attempt to explain his exsistance.

As a child I read most of it and today I view it as fiction.
    Last edited by Franco; 05-28-2009 at 07:26 PM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.