The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Voter intimidation charges against Panthers dropped

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I have no faith whatsoever in the integrity of the Bush DoJ attorneys...
    I don't believe Bush was president in March and May of this year (when Bartle Bull had conversations with the Obama DOJ attorney). Do you know the attorney he spoke with or are up just assuming he/she just had to be some holdover, political hack Bush flunky?

As an aside, even though you believe that the DOJ is just ate up with conservative Bush hacks, I assume that you'll want to be totally consistent and insist that they remain in their jobs as long as they want, right? Seeing as you seemed to be so upset when Bush replaced Clinton's liberal DOJ flacks that would have to be your logically consistent position, no?

"There are two separate legal cases involved, but as I understand it you are wrong on both counts."

Sorry "learned" one, I'm addressing the 1 person that had a nightclub, was NOT a pollin observer & broke the law. The default judgment is guilty for the offense and the point is NOW the DOJ chooses to drop the case AFTER judgment has been rendered. Simple issue, simple fact with the appearance that the doj is impaired.

Now if you want to address other issues, like how lobbyists are now allowed in the admininstration, how change will occur in DC, how the debt exploded in a wink of an eye or how this administration has expanded the government far beyond the definition, you do realized how limited the powers granted are, right, of the Constitution have occurred. Perhaps how this administration, contrary to claims, is now in the auto business, at the expense of the rightful fixed income folks??

The guy, Edgar, who's never run a thing, refuses to release how his college education was funded, is now trying to run everything. Without a clue. I'm still trying to figure out whom is entering the messages into the teleprompter, to tell him what to say.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I have far more faith in the holdovers from the Bush admin in the DoJ than I do in the AG Holder. He wants my guns and thats a good enough reason to have no faith in him at all.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Dropping the charges against "King" Samir Shabazz of the New Black Panthers/Nation of Islam or whatever group he claims to belong to is a travesty. So AG Holder, who gleefully calls us a nation of cowards about race relations, is apparently not willing to take a stand against a black person. And Holder obviously thinks poll intimidation is OK as long as it's blacks intimidating whites.

If Holder expects to be taken seriously on race relations then he must not condone this kind of garbage. Shabazz is a whack job, but if what he did was OK then surely it's OK to man Mississippi poll steps with robed white KKK members brandishing burning crosses and numchucks (insert eye rolling sarcasm emoticon here...). We all know that such a stunt would end with the culprits cooling their heels in jail. While Shabazz gets off scott free and is probably living large off "community development" funds from ACORN.

I honestly thought I was listening to a satire news show when I heard this freak got off.

Here's some choice excerpts from a Philadelphia Inquirer interview with "King" Shabazz last Nov. a couple days before the elections.

Some people wear their heart on their sleeve.
    Minister King Shamir Shabazz wears his on his forehead. Right between the eyes. In black beret atop dreadlocks and a black military uniform, he spends most weekdays near City Hall condemning "crackers" and exhorting black passers-by to rise up against their "slavemasters" - and to give him $2 for the party's semi-annual newspaper.

"If you want to stop the revolution, that's what you got to hit," Shabazz said, pointing to the target tattooed onto his forehead. "I fight my oppressor, and I give him the target."

And here are some quotes from the King hisself on other races:

* On whites: "I'm about the total destruction of white people. I'm about the total liberation of black people."
    * On Jews: "I don't care how much they try to promote the Jewish Holocaust. The African people have suffered a hell of a cost. . . .

"The only thing the cracker understands is violence," said Shabazz, whose face also bears the tattoos "Freedom" "BPG" (Black Power Gang) and "NBPP" (New Black Panther Party). "The only thing the cracker understands is gunpowder.

"You got to take violence to violence."
    http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news.../33491864.html

"You are about to be ruled by the black man, cracker."

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Dropping the charges against "King" Samir Shabazz of the New Black Panthers/Nation of Islam or whatever group he claims to belong to is a travesty. So AG Holder, who gleefully calls us a nation of cowards about race relations, is apparently not willing to take a stand against a black person. And Holder obviously thinks poll intimidation is OK as long as it's blacks intimidating whites.

If Holder expects to be taken seriously on race relations then he must not condone this kind of garbage. Shabazz is a whack job, but if what he did was OK then surely it's OK to man Mississippi poll steps with robed white KKK members brandishing burning crosses and numchucks (insert eye rolling sarcasm emoticon here...). We all know that such a stunt would end with the culprits cooling their heels in jail. While Shabazz gets off scott free and is probably living large off "community development" funds from ACORN.

I honestly thought I was listening to a satire news show when I heard this freak got off.

Here's some choice excerpts from a Philadelphia Inquirer interview with "King" Shabazz last Nov. a couple days before the elections.

And here are some quotes from the King hisself on other races:

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news.../33491864.html
    Julie,

Can you or anyone else explain exactly what punishment was not enforced against King Shabazz?

"Can you or anyone else explain exactly what punishment was not enforced against King Shabazz?"

What was, Jeff? Or you suggesting a black dude should stand by the entrance to a polling site with a billyclub? What would happen if a cowboy stood outside a polling site with a rope?

Quote Originally Posted by txbadger View Post
    "Can you or anyone else explain exactly what punishment was not enforced against King Shabazz?"

What was, Jeff? Or you suggesting a black dude should stand by the entrance to a polling site with a billyclub? What would happen if a cowboy stood outside a polling site with a rope?
    My point is that the action dropped by the administration would not have resulted in any punishment. It was designed to result in an injunction which was, in fact issued. The action that was dropped would have resulted in an injunction against the NBPP, not Shabazz. The NBPP as far as I can tell had nothing to do with the activities at the polling station. They condemned the activities and threw Shabazz and the Philadelphia chapter out of the organization. The descriptions that are being thrown about suggest that there was a big crime, a conviction, and then the administration dropped all charges. As far as I can determine, the only criminal charge was the one brought by Philadelphia which arrested Shabazz for disorderly conduct. Based on what I have seen of the actual activities involved, that charge seems appropriate. The Federal action that was dropped was meaningless and probably inappropriate as far as I can tell from the descriptions provided. I asked if anyone knew what punishment was dropped since the commentaries make this seem like the end of the free world and I see nothing but smoke.

Question for you Jeff. do you think the outcome would have been the same if a KKK member would have done the same acions but slinging racial slurs at the black voters?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    My point is that the action dropped by the administration would not have resulted in any punishment. It was designed to result in an injunction which was, in fact issued. The action that was dropped would have resulted in an injunction against the NBPP, not Shabazz. The NBPP as far as I can tell had nothing to do with the activities at the polling station. They condemned the activities and threw Shabazz and the Philadelphia chapter out of the organization. The descriptions that are being thrown about suggest that there was a big crime, a conviction, and then the administration dropped all charges. As far as I can determine, the only criminal charge was the one brought by Philadelphia which arrested Shabazz for disorderly conduct. Based on what I have seen of the actual activities involved, that charge seems appropriate. The Federal action that was dropped was meaningless and probably inappropriate as far as I can tell from the descriptions provided. I asked if anyone knew what punishment was dropped since the commentaries make this seem like the end of the free world and I see nothing but smoke.
    Just because nothing would have happened doesn't mean that it should have been dropped. As you say it wasn't a federal case so why did the " race coward" dismiss this.?
    Obama also comdemned Reverend White after he was "found out" to be an American hater. And then left his church.

30 years in the pews regards~