The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker

Thread: Professional Training Expectations

Default Professional Training Expectations

I am new to this site and I have a couple of questions about training. I am considering sending my 5m old blm to gun dog training. I realize a lot depends on the dog and the trainer, but what can I realistically expect my dog to be able to do after 2 months? And 3 months?
    I mostly do upland hunting, but don't want to rule out waterfowl in the future. Your opinions are appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo35 View Post
    I am new to this site and I have a couple of questions about training. I am considering sending my 5m old blm to gun dog training. I realize a lot depends on the dog and the trainer, but what can I realistically expect my dog to be able to do after 2 months? And 3 months?
    I mostly do upland hunting, but don't want to rule out waterfowl in the future. Your opinions are appreciated, thanks.
    Hondo i just sent my 5 1/2mth old to Tim Milligan last week for a gundog/hunt test training. I plan on leaving her with him for around mths and we discussed roughly what i could expect after this and also he ran some young dogs around the 11mth and yr old range and to say the least, i was extremely impressed. I told him if mine will do that when i get her back then i will be pleased. Dont forget all dogs are different i am sure you've heard that, and each will take to certain things naturally and struggles with some things. I am hoping for an EXTREMELY obedient dogs, that has great manners and the ability to do any single mark she is presented with. I would love for doubles to be introduced and fairly solid. With the dogs i saw him run, one that was her half brother out of Norman named "bounce" i cannot wait to see what she turns out to be
    GEAUX TIGERS
    LSU!!!

Sorry, i left out that i was planning on leaving her with him for around 5 Mths
    GEAUX TIGERS
    LSU!!!