Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 55.32%
  • No

21 44.68%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Should there be a draft

Then again it could easily make things worse because now you have people doing that against their will and will certainly call the hypocrisy out when they experience it. You're asking for guaranteed failure. I'm sorry but the military isn't suppose to teach you respect & or discipline. That's what your family or guardian should do.
    Last edited by Jacob Hawkes; 05-31-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Hawkes View Post
    Then again it could easily make things worse because now you have people doing that against their will and will certainly call the hypocrisy out when they experience it. You're asking for guaranteed failure. I'm sorry but the military isn't suppose to teach you respect & or discipline. That's what your family or guardian should do.
    First of all, that is exactly what the military is suppose to teach you, from day one. It teaches you that you don't have to respect the person, but respect the "rank" or seniority that person has. And it damn well is suppose to teach you discipline, or aleast embed in you a stronger sense of dicipline. As far as failure goes, ask Israel if it is failing them. The worst thing it could do is instill some sort of love for country that soooooo many people are missing today. I was raised in a loving home with both parents and a sister, my dad is retired military. But I am what I am today is because of the US Army. The army taught me things my mother and father couldn't, and probably would not have if they could have.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Oh yea, and to answer the question, no draft. Every Tom, Dick and Harry should have to serve 2 years, including the rich and famous. After all, most of the time they enjoy the freedom we provide more than any one else. And as far as calling out the hypocrisy, they are the ones that can storm the beaches first.
    RIP SGT. David Blake Williams KIA 22 Mar 2008 Iraq

Every day should be Veteran's day.

"They say War is Hell, but I have to disagree. War is easy. It's the living afterwards thats hell." Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    First of all, that is exactly what the military is suppose to teach you, from day one. It teaches you that you don't have to respect the person, but respect the "rank" or seniority that person has. And it damn well is suppose to teach you discipline, or aleast embed in you a stronger sense of dicipline. As far as failure goes, ask Israel if it is failing them. The worst thing it could do is instill some sort of love for country that soooooo many people are missing today. I was raised in a loving home with both parents and a sister, my dad is retired military. But I am what I am today is because of the US Army. The army taught me things my mother and father couldn't, and probably would not have if they could have.
    Not to misquote you but many of my friends that enlisted strait out of high school are even more disrespectful lowlifes than when they left. I have met and thanked many men that have served and turned out to be great examples of our military also. Just sayin it does not work for everyone.

BTW, my sister served for four years and is now in a bitter divorce that has produced to kids while she was enlisted. Her soon to be divorced husband was also in the army and was AWOL for sometime.
    Never take things for granted.

Are you saying defense contractors in a mercinary sense?
    I'm asking that if you support the draft of people into the military, then do you support the drafting of people to work in defense plants building weapons and such.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Quote Originally Posted by stumpholehunter View Post
    I don't agree with the entire respect the rank BS. If you're a douchebag you're a douchebag. I met some of my closest friends and great people. I also met some real POSes. Your upbringing can give you a lot more respect and what not than anything a military experience can. Completely on the other side of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    I'm asking that if you support the draft of people into the military, then do you support the drafting of people to work in defense plants building weapons and such.
    Nah. Don't agree with drafting for that either.

With society becoming so liberal in the last 30 yrs many parents have failed to teach Respect or Discipline. Let parents parent there kids not the schools, shrinks, social services. A little bit of whoop azzz won't hurt anyone
    Kids have No Fear of suffering for there actions these days.

Jim

Draft -- I'm not hot on that. Too many dodgers. My preference has always been 2yrs of UMT
    No questions asked, no exemptions, Everyone- male, female, transgender (and anyother label you can think of), physically fit and physically challanged. Check out Switzerland and Israel.

I got drafted and look how I turned out........wait a minute, never mind!!
    Stan b & Elvis