The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Let the investigation begin!

Banned

Default Let the investigation begin!

Banned

What, No one shocked that I am for investigations against the Democrats that may have broken the law?

Personally I think that any investigation should focus on al of the K Street firms and their relationships to earmarks. That corruption runs deep and is very non-partisan.

Term Limits!!
    Stan b & Elvis

I am all for investigations if it is thought you broke the law. It should not matter whether your a Democrat or Republican or more importantly if your a President, Vice President or your just a lowly Senator or Representative.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post

Personally I think that any investigation should focus on al of the K Street firms and their relationships to earmarks. That corruption runs deep and is very non-partisan.

I agree, we could really clean things up in DC and start making them accountable for their actions.

I would also like to see an investigation of Barney Frank, Chris Dodd and Franklin Raines since it is the home mortgage fiasco that really got the whole downward spiral started.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    That's like investigating and legally persuing banks that have been robbed instead of the criminals who robbed them. Lobby firms exist to promote the goals/viewpoints of its clients, and its clients' individual members (that's people like us...NRA members, Sierra Club members, AKC members, etc.). The lobbyists offer perks, campaign contributions, promises of turned out voters, etc. in return for a politicians' careful consideration of their positions. If the relationship between lobbyist and politician becomes quid pro quo then that is TOTALLY on the slimy politician's shoulders. It is up to each individual politician to not be unduly swayed by lobbyists...not the other way around.

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.