The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: Terrorism: Domestic and Foreign

  1. #11
    Senior Member twall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    It is kind of like the definition of porn, I know it when I see it. I think issues like what the definition of terrorism/terrorists should be highlights what a great job the authors of our constitution did. It has stood a long time with relatively few modifications.

    Tom
    Tom Wall

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    To the ******** from PETA we are terrorists for our harvest of wildlife!

    Ted Bundy murdered 23 young ladies, most of them normal american girls like U students & people who held real jobs. Ted was a campaign volunteer on Gov-Sen Dan Evans campaigns. Does that make Gov-Sen Dan Evans a leader of terrorism?

    The POTUS would know what a domestic terrorist is, he hung around some guy named Ayers for quite a while.

    It does not surprise me that such an article would pique the interest of a confirmed lefty. It shows how far their mindset is from normal.

    I know a very nice lady who was a leader in the Anti Abortion movement. She was taken out by those who disagreed. Were they correct, was she correct? No one will ever know as the debate was stymied in a court of law & she was made responsible for the actions of a few who used other than peaceful methods. Please see the reference to Dan Evans above.

    What happens is laws made to combat this sort of stuff get misused, so they in effect really don't work?

    A Murderer is a Murderer.
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

  3. #13
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    To the ******** from PETA we are terrorists for our harvest of wildlife!

    Ted Bundy murdered 23 young ladies, most of them normal american girls like U students & people who held real jobs. Ted was a campaign volunteer on Gov-Sen Dan Evans campaigns. Does that make Gov-Sen Dan Evans a leader of terrorism?

    The POTUS would know what a domestic terrorist is, he hung around some guy named Ayers for quite a while.

    It does not surprise me that such an article would pique the interest of a confirmed lefty. It shows how far their mindset is from normal.

    I know a very nice lady who was a leader in the Anti Abortion movement. She was taken out by those who disagreed. Were they correct, was she correct? No one will ever know as the debate was stymied in a court of law & she was made responsible for the actions of a few who used other than peaceful methods. Please see the reference to Dan Evans above.

    What happens is laws made to combat this sort of stuff get misused, so they in effect really don't work?

    A Murderer is a Murderer.
    I am not really sure what your trying to get at with this post. It is kinda hard to follow and I don't think it is to unreasonable to believe, that since you are the one that wrote this, it would be your mindset that should come into question.
    If you think that it is wrong to ponder and question what might be some of the unintended consequences of policies of our government and it is wrong to go deeper than a simplistic and cursory overview of these policies , then it is you with the problem.

  4. #14
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    It does not surprise me that such an article would pique the interest of a confirmed lefty. It shows how far their mindset is from normal.


    Marvin
    I think Cotts was looking to get a different reaction, one that had the conservatives here protesting treating this scumbag like a terrorist because he killed a late term abortion doctor. The lefties seem to think that the conservatives are just like them. OK for your side to do something but not for the other side to do itů.sorry Cotts, not the case
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  5. #15

    Default

    "But terrorism is a tactic, not a religion, an ethnicity or a nationality. There are, and always have been, American terrorists, including white and Christian terrorists. We have tended to obscure these facts in our debates, engaging in a sort of collective amnesia about domestic terrorism"

    Don't worry about definitions. Obama will figure it all out for you. Remember one of his best friends "Bill Aryes" knows what terrorism is and I'm sure he can explain it to you.

    Oh wait, he is now reformed and is a trusted advisor to our now president.

  6. #16
    Senior Member cotts135's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Watertown NY
    Posts
    697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Marvin
    I think Cotts was looking to get a different reaction, one that had the conservatives here protesting treating this scumbag like a terrorist because he killed a late term abortion doctor. The lefties seem to think that the conservatives are just like them. OK for your side to do something but not for the other side to do it….sorry Cotts, not the case

    AAAAAAAAAAahhhhhhhhh I see your momma didn't raise a mind reader did she?

    Actually I posted because I think the governments broad definition of a terrorist and terrorism is a dangerous and insidious law. I also thought that the lefts reaction to this was a bit overblown .(by calling it a terrorist act)
    Last edited by cotts135; 06-03-2009 at 02:31 PM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member DSemple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Whether or not you define the killing of Tiller as terrorism, its rather clear that his alleged killer is a one trick pony. He is in custody and will likely get either life or the chair. Osama and his AG won't be turning this guy lose to perpetrate anymore violence.
    Off topic from the thread, but.....

    They are talking like Tiller's murderer will be prosecuted under state charges and not federal charges.

    If that is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he walks.

    I think a smart defense attorney could make a pretty good case (that would resonate with some members of the jury here in the Bible belt) that he is not guilty of murder for killing Tiller, because he didn't kill a human being.

    Quid pro quo regards. ....Don
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DSemple View Post

    They are talking like Tiller's murderer will be prosecuted under state charges and not federal charges.
    The murderer will not walk. If the Feds want to get involved, they will find a way. Remember, the current administration pays no attention to the law.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

  9. #19
    Senior Member Bob Gutermuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland
    Posts
    3,065

    Default

    How come all this blather from the left about Tiller, but nnot one word of regret concerning the killing of those 2 young GIs at the recruiting center?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Pac NW
    Posts
    4,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    But terrorism is a tactic, not a religion, an ethnicity or a nationality. There are, and always have been, American terrorists, including white and Christian terrorists. We have tended to obscure these facts in our debates, engaging in a sort of collective amnesia about domestic terrorism. We have done this even though, prior to 9/11, the country's attention was riveted for months by the Oklahoma City bombing, planned and carried out by homegrown terrorists who looked nothing like the bogeymen we associate with Al Qaeda.
    The judge that drove the Aryan Nation into bankruptcy just retired. While I did not agree with those folks, I have an issue with Politically Correct Judicial activiism.

    As for the Oklahoma City bombing, I believe it to have been done in retaliation for the US Government's actions at Waco. All that would have been required would have been cut the welfare to the wacko's many wives & they would have chosen a different lifestyle. But it was done by your side so it's apparently good by you.

    Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    If you think that it is wrong to ponder and question what might be some of the unintended consequences of policies of our government and it is wrong to go deeper than a simplistic and cursory overview of these policies , then it is you with the problem.
    All events have consequences & can be misconstrued to suit one's needs.

    Quote Originally Posted by DSemple View Post
    If that is the case, I wouldn't be surprised if he walks.

    I think a smart defense attorney could make a pretty good case (that would resonate with some members of the jury here in the Bible belt) that he is not guilty of murder for killing Tiller, because he didn't kill a human being.

    Quid pro quo regards. ....Don
    I truly would hope not - the doctor was performing what is legal under the law. That the other person chose not to follow the law would be cause for concern.

    But it wouldn't surprise me also. I was in Tulsa when all the county commissioners around the state were being prosecuted for accepting kickbacks. Did they ever do any time in the slammer?
    __________________________

    Marvin S

    Everyone's friend is No One's friend

    Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

Similar Threads

  1. Democratic Foreign Policy.....clueless
    By TXduckdog in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 03:04 PM
  2. Cash for clunkers benefits foreign automakers
    By Bob Gutermuth in forum POTUS Place - For those who talk Politics in the Gallery!
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 10:35 AM
  3. Foreign object stomach surgery???
    By ricejumper in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 02:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •