The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Health Care Program ... Again

Default Health Care Program ... Again

http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworl...0,752493.story

I don't think they have a clue what they should do or are doing.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

When I went thru cancer treatment, (chemo, rad and surgery)I didn't spend a dime except for gas, tolls and parking. I doubt that this socialized medicine can improve on the deal I have.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    When I went thru cancer treatment, (chemo, rad and surgery)I didn't spend a dime except for gas, tolls and parking. I doubt that this socialized medicine can improve on the deal I have.
    I would like to have the deal the Feds have (Senators & Congressman)!!

Hear it's pretty decent!!
    Stan b & Elvis

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/09/us...html?th&emc=th

I think they should "fix" Medicare before they attempt to install a much larger government program.

The kind of action mentioned in this article seems another example of poor "homework". They don't really know the details of why spending is higher in some geographical regions, but they're going to cut the spending just because it's "high", so they can use the money for somebody else's healthcare. What happens when they find out that there was a valid underlying reason for that region having "high" healthcare spending, and they can't really just cut the spending off? Especially when they've already spent the "savings" somewhere else?

I'd suggest they first start on cutting out the fraud and abuse ... then see what the real spending should be. I KNOW there is abuse in Medicare spending. I paid the bills when my mother was on Medicare ... dr charging $50/day for a "visit" to my mother while she was in the hospital. He was not her "attending physician". I never met the dr. I never spoke to the dr. He never contacted me. I question whether he ever "visited" other than looking at her chart at a nurse's station. He provided no other medical services. She was already being attended to by another physician. That is "abuse" of the system as far as I'm concerned.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

When Obomo screws up healthcare, where will Canadians go?
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Unhappy

When has increased government regulations and oversight ever led to a decrease in operating expenses? As a nurse I can tell you I am not for "Universal" healthcare. Not everything should be covered. Obama is going to sacrifice another free market business by forcing medical providers to accept the "NEW" government insurance no matter what, unless the provider is not credentialed to address that problem. Sounds like a loophole to me. I still don't understand why people are willing to pay the mechanic who works on their care $45/hour for labor plus parts but gets upset when a medical provider charges that much. Where are our priorities? That's right we are going to let others determine what is important for us because we are not smart enough to determine that for ourselves, since we won't pick what they choose for us.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin