The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wise words from Harry Ried

Default Wise words from Harry Ried

The Senate confirms appointments to the SCOTUS.

The Democrats selected Harry Ried to lead the Senate.

Here's what Harry said about the latest appointment:

"I understand that during her career, she's written hundreds and hundreds of opinions. I haven't read a single one of them, and if I'm fortunate before we end this, I won't have to read one of them. But -- I'm not familiar with that opinion, but there will be plenty of time for people who are concerned about the Second Amendment -- and there are lots of people on the Judiciary Committee who are concerned about it -- they'll have lots of time to offer her questions and she'll proceed to answer them. But I don't know anything about that."

So Harry is going to oversee the confirmation process and he brags that he has no intention of reading a single opinion written by the appointee. That's your government at work, folks. He doesn't even care what kind of judge he's putting on the SCOTUS for the next 30+ years. What a statesman! Way to go Nevada and way to go Dems. Thanks to you, this is the quality of leadership in our Senate.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Dingy Harry, in lock step with Der Fuhrer.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Wise Harry Read, now there's an oxymoron for you!

The don't read anything on the hill because they are too busy spending money. Don't forget that they didn't read the $900 billion pork/stimuls bill either.

WE are in trouble folks!
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Harry's such a loser. Just like his Party.

We live in Cuba now.

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Harry's such a loser. Just like his Party.

We live in Cuba now.

Is Cuba a Muslim country???
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Polls show 50% of Nevada are not happy with Dingy Harry. We hope to make some changes this time around.
    Last edited by kjrice; 06-04-2009 at 02:20 PM.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Polls show 50% of Nevada are not happy with Dingy Harry. We hope to make some changes this time around.
    Make that happen and I'll speak of you with a (ever so slight) greater degree of respect in my tone from here on out.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Good for you. If Sodakers can do it, Nevada can follow suit. Nothing better than throwing out the dingaling-in-charge...but, as we found out, take a look at what's following behind, which we obviously didn't do, and went from the frying pan into the fire.

Regardless, it still sends a signal to the statists, if one of their leaders is thrown out of office...so have at it. Good luck.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

So half of the population of Nevada are idiots. I guess that beats the national average. Heck the POTUS has a 63% approval rating.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Good for you. If Sodakers can do it, Nevada can follow suit. Nothing better than throwing out the dingaling-in-charge...but, as we found out, take a look at what's following behind, which we obviously didn't do, and went from the frying pan into the fire.

Regardless, it still sends a signal to the statists, if one of their leaders is thrown out of office...so have at it. Good luck.

UB
    That is the big problem. There is nothing on the Conservative side to challenge. It would end up being another Dem, but I guess we have to start somewhere. I think Buckley could take him out. What we need is for Mitt to open shop.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.