Thread: Voter intimidation charges against Panthers dropped

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Default Voter intimidation charges against Panthers dropped

Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Surprise, surprise.

Not!

I wonder how much of our tax payer money going to ACORN gets funnelled to the Black Panthers?
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Just wanted to add that OUR U S Attorney General Eric Holder promise to prosecute racism with every opportunity. I guess what he meant was as long as he didn't have to prosecute "His" people.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Wanna bet they would have dropped it if it had been 3 sheetheads in robes and hoods? I doubt it.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Wanna bet they would have dropped it if it had been 3 sheetheads in robes and hoods? I doubt it.
    Had it been three Klansmen doing the exact same thing, Attorney General Eric Holder would have built his fame on prosecuting this case. And, Obomo would erect a monument of him in front of Justice Dept building.

Yes Martha, reverse-discrimination is alive and well in our Dept. Of Justice and the Obomonites are getting ready to sit a Supreme Court Judge from the same mold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    They are not a threat to National security like say ....someone such as yourself Bob. Why the surprise?
    Why doesn't glue stick to the inside of the bottle?

I would have expected them to at least keep up the pretense of being impartial despite the fact that they won't practice it.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I guess my question is why would this be a federal case? Pennsylvania has pretty strong laws prohibiting such activities. In this case, one of the men lived in the building where the polling place was located and the other did not. Police were called and the man with the night stick was taken away. The other man who was not armed and lived in the building remained but not near the door. (See http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/0...-pennsylvania/)

My own experience in Pennsylvania is that entering a polling station routinely involves navigating through a gauntlet of people (typically 5-10 people in my small town) offering voting "suggestions" with varying degrees of aggressiveness and handing out "sample" ballots. Local election boards are known to switch the locations of voting stations to make it easier or harder for different classes of voters to get to the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I guess my question is why would this be a federal case? Pennsylvania has pretty strong laws prohibiting such activities. In this case, one of the men lived in the building where the polling place was located and the other did not. Police were called and the man with the night stick was taken away. The other man who was not armed and lived in the building remained but not near the door. (See http://hotair.com/archives/2008/11/0...-pennsylvania/)

My own experience in Pennsylvania is that entering a polling station routinely involves navigating through a gauntlet of people (typically 5-10 people in my small town) offering voting "suggestions" with varying degrees of aggressiveness and handing out "sample" ballots. Local election boards are known to switch the locations of voting stations to make it easier or harder for different classes of voters to get to the polls.

You must be proud of such a fine system eh? I question the truthfulness of that entire statement. I've served on local election boards and they are run with extreme legalistic jargon, that was kept to the exact second of opening and closing.

There was a time when the radios couldn't even run any adds on election day, and when that law was changed, no radios were allowed within 100 feet of the polling place. There was zero handouts within that same distance, and NO personal polliticking allowed.

Since you seem to have a dogmatic abecedarian knowledge of the Pennsylvania political system, please tell me how this form of bullying is allowed by you and your fellow voters...or is it what your crowd is just continuing to advance, supporting, and promoting?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    You must be proud of such a fine system eh? I question the truthfulness of that entire statement. I've served on local election boards and they are run with extreme legalistic jargon, that was kept to the exact second of opening and closing.

There was a time when the radios couldn't even run any adds on election day, and when that law was changed, no radios were allowed within 100 feet of the polling place. There was zero handouts within that same distance, and NO personal polliticking allowed.

Since you seem to have a dogmatic abecedarian knowledge of the Pennsylvania political system, please tell me how this form of bullying is allowed by you and your fellow voters...or is it what your crowd is just continuing to advance, supporting, and promoting?

UB
    The bullying was not permitted, although it was apparently an hour between the time the situation first started and the time the police removed the person responsible.

If you are talking about my description of running the gauntlet to get into my polling place, my description is very accurate. Under PA law they are not allowed to "electioneer" within either 50 or 100 feet of the polling station (not sure which) but they are permitted to hand out literature including sample ballots. Some will hand out coffee as well. The people doing it are committee men and women, candidates, and office holders along with regular volunteers. They want to shake your hand, say good morning, and make sure you have a sample ballot in hand before you go to vote.

If you are talking about switching the location of polling stations, the most recent case involves a polling place that is located in a housing project that is also home to the majority of (low income) voters in the district. The polling place was relocated by the Republican majority on the county election board in response to a complaint that the polling place was dangerous. The new location was a lodge house two miles away. The complaint that was being investigated was from a Republican committee woman who did not even reside in the district. When questioned on the stand about the situation, the director of the board of elections (a Republican appointee) began crying and said that it was made clear to her by the majority board members that she would lose her job if she didn't move the polling location.
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 05-31-2009 at 07:29 PM.