The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just so you haven't forgotten...

how is that different than what Reagan rush or hannity believe?

Rush and Hannity are two of former Pres. Reagan biggest supporters. Though Reagan was a huge improvement over Carter, I would hardly classify him as a Conservative.

First, no real Conservative would have out-of-control spending like we had in the Reagan years.
    Two, no real Conservative would have granted Amnesty to illegal aliens. All that did was create the current flood of illegals.
    Three, no real Conservative would have made the deal with Iran, trading arms for hostages.

Real Conservatives, not the new definition of Conservative stand for;

Fiscally balanced budgets/small government
    Strong military
    Defend the Constitution
    Provide the infastructure for commerce
    Personal freedom
    Seperation of chruch from state
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

which if you listen to them talk is what they advocate. I partially agree with you that Rush and Hannity are bad for the conservative movement but for different reasons. They being very loud public figures are easily picked upon by liberals. They say what most all of us conservatives think, so i don't really see how you disagree with them unless you don't listen to them at all. Rush is more of the theatrical one and sometimes talks out his ass so i could see how you may disagree with a SMALL portion of what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Dback, we've been waiting on you to join in on the college baseball thread. There is only one ASU supporter looking for help and a bunch of us SEC braggerts giving everybody hell.

Have I mentioned lately that the Big 12 is sorely over-rated?

Booty
    I wanted to get past this Texas game today before I opened my yapper. We've got a great bunch of kids but not the power at the plate we've had in the past. I've got a whole pile of stats saved up to throw at you SEC boyzs......IF.......we get past the Short Horns
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post

, so i don't really see how you disagree with them unless you don't listen to them at all. Rush is more of the theatrical one and sometimes talks out his ass so i could see how you may disagree with a SMALL portion of what he says.
    Hannity did me in with his defense ofthe Iraq War. He keep calling it the, "frontline of defense against Islamic terrorist". We all know that is not true, the front line against the terrorist is on the Afganistan/Pakistan boarder. Our occupation of Iraq has ben a big mistake and the reason we have Obama today. He and Rush are big moth=pieces that are often wrong and that is why you will see any serious Republican candidate avoid those two like the plague. Yes, sometimes they get ot right but when a talkhost can't be objective, then they are pretty much useless.

DBack, we fear ASU the most. Your pitching is as good as ours.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Speaking of college FB - how do you feel about the recruiting coup of the U Dub - getting Montana's son to commit? How long will it take us to go from 0 - umpteen to smell the Roses?
    Well, first off I'm glad he is staying in the PAC...BUT...it's a long ways to Feb. I'm a little suprised with his choice but you knew daddy wasn't going to stand for him to become a 'condom'. You've got a good class going but you need alot more than just him....you just lost a very good QB and what was your record with him again Thank God he didn't go to the SEC (several were high on his list, Georgia, LSU and Florida for starters)....the crowing from those 'Mealy Mouthed Maggots' might have forced me to open a vein.

Sorry UB that we've hijacked this thread so badly.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    Well, first off I'm glad he is staying in the PAC...BUT...it's a long ways to Feb. I'm a little suprised with his choice but you knew daddy wasn't going to stand for him to become a 'condom'. You've got a good class going but you need alot more than just him....you just lost a very good QB and what was your record with him again Thank God he didn't go to the SEC (several were high on his list, Georgia, LSU and Florida for starters)....the crowing from those 'Mealy Mouthed Maggots' might have forced me to open a vein.

Sorry UB that we've hijacked this thread so badly.
    Have you ever sought help for anger issues?
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by kjrice View Post
    Have you ever sought help for anger issues?
    You mean.....other than your sage counsel????????

Quote Originally Posted by dback View Post
    You mean.....other than your sage counsel????????
    LOL! You mut be working junior pretty hard, since he is going to be taking some time off in September.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Yes, sometimes they get ot right but when a talkhost can't be objective, then they are pretty much useless.
    You must agree then, that most (if not all) are pretty much worthless at times since they all (left and right) lose their objectivity.

DBack, we fear ASU the most. Your pitching is as good as ours.
    Not last night......ugly.....6 run lead with Leake on the mound you'd of thought it was in the bank.