The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for Democrats

Default Question for Democrats

I originally posted this on another thread, but am curious about how the Dems that frequent this board feel about Obama. Are you happy with the POTUS' performance so far? If so, what specifically are you most pleased with?

How has he made the country better, stronger, more prosperous or safer?

What, if anything, are you dissatisfied with?

Let's try to keep this a civil discussion of ideas.
    Thanks,
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

I would be interested in this as well.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I have a generally favorable reaction to his Presidency to date but also some strong reservations.

I believe the economy needs stimulus now and approve of the actions being taken even though they involve significant risk. I believe that there needs to be a rapid pull back on government spending as the economy improves, not the continued deficits envisioned in the budget. I believe we must move towards a national health insurance program but do not believe that implementing it can be done without regard to deficits. Over time I believe that the cost of health insurance needs to be taken off the backs of employers but that can only happen with tax increases to off set the reduction in employer and employee contributions. However, employer financing of health benefits puts our businesses in an untenable position as they seek to compete globally and the administration plans for financing health care could make that worse.

I believe that he has taken good first steps towards improving our position in international relations and that this will strengthen us over time. I also approve of the steps being taken in Afghanistan and Pakistan and I hope that it is not too late to counter the damage done when we shifted focus from there to Iraq. I believe he's doing what can be done in Iraq, but there is no way to counter the damage done since 2001. With Korea and Iran, he can't do worse than the last administration but he has not yet done anything better.

It is interesting and a measure of the divisions in the country that the actions that Obama has taken that are viewed most positively by the majority of the population are also the actions that are viewed most negatively by the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I originally posted this on another thread, but am curious about how the Dems that frequent this board feel about Obama. Are you happy with the POTUS' performance so far? If so, what specifically are you most pleased with?

How has he made the country better, stronger, more prosperous or safer?

What, if anything, are you dissatisfied with?

Let's try to keep this a civil discussion of ideas.
    Thanks,
    I wasn't aware many democrats frequented this board. We're all really independents you know.

Happy?

Well...no. I would have hoped he'd been more successful out of the gate.

Better, stronger, more prosperous, or safer?

The 1st, 2nd, and 4th amendments appear to be intact. We still have the freedom to post whatever, on this, and other forums.

I still have my guns, (intend to buy another real soon.)

The market has not bottomed out, as dire warnings prognasticated.

Rampant inflation is at bay.

With the exception of recent domestic acts of terror, we have not been attacked on our soil by terrorists from without.

The workings of politics always leaves me with a sense of dissatisfaction.
    Doesn't it all?

Civil Regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Hookset, I was thinking about this very question this morning...

What do people who voted for Obama think?

I did not vote for him...And I am scared...

what has he done that he said he would do...

and more importantly, what has he done that he said he would NOT do. The whole issue of miranda rights for war captured detainees is one.

the whole CZAR thing is also very scary...he is circumventing the very thing (legislative branch) that was put into place by our forefathers, in order to have MORE control...

Juli
    God answers prayers all the time. Even the ones we don't know we asked. God is Good (always)

"There are only two ways to live your life.
    One is as though nothing is a miracle.
    The other is as though everything is a miracle."

- Albert Einstein

I donít really consider myself a Democrat or a Republican. I do not believe in blindly accepting the ideology and doctrine of any one party. And, I would not vote for a person just because they represented one party or the other.

That being said, I have to admit I have a favorable opinion toward what Obama has done so far. Under different circumstances, I would say some of what he has done is extreme and dangerous. However, he inherited some unprecedented economic and international problems. I think it is probably going to take some extraordinary measures to resolve them at this point. I have some reservations. With all the spending and debt being racked up, we run the risk of hyper inflation in the not too distant future. That scares me, but I think only time will tell if he is on the right track or not. He has only been in office for 6 months. Itís a little early to say if his plans are working or not. It took a lot of years to get into this mess, and itís going to take time to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juli H View Post

What do people who voted for Obama think?

Juli
    They are in denial!

check out; www.howobamagotelected.com
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I

Rampant inflation is at bay.

JD
    Buckle up your chin strap because it is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    They are in denial!

check out; www.howobamagotelected.com
    So booty, we, you, us? Who's in denial? All of us? For the next 31/2 years, until the next POTUS is elected...here we are. Watcha goin' do?

Get yer next candidate in line...? Who...? It ain't gonna be Newt or Sarah, they are not electable.

Just sayin'

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    It is interesting and a measure of the divisions in the country that the actions that Obama has taken that are viewed most positively by the majority of the population are also the actions that are viewed most negatively by the minority.
    That is interesting because I can't recall seeing one recent poll that shows a plurality of Americans agreeing with any of his significant actions. Much like Reagan, most people seem to like Obama personally and it shows in his approval ratings. That doesn't mean they agree with his policies.