The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chrysler

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Many of the Chrysler dealerships that ended today were Floor Planned (financed) by Chrysler.

Only giving the dealers a short time to sell thier inventory was a financial hardship for the dealers.
    makes sense i suppose then thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    What was the payoff and who provided it? As far as I can tell, neither made any political donations during the campaign. Mickey was one of 27 Chrysler dealers closed in Iowa. McGrath, who owns a Jeep franchise, was asked about expanding his operations which is not inconsistent with what I was saying. Are you suggesting that the President decided that McGrath should be given Mickey's franchise?
    The Mickey's are large contributors to the Iowa GOP, Karen Mickey sat on the local GOP Committee for several years, McGrath's are large contributors to the Iowa Dems.

How is handing a dealership from one successful person to another not so successful person across the street reducing the number of dealerships? Jeep does not directly compete with the majority of the vehicles Dodge/Chrysler build so they weren't saturating the market, and if they were they still are. 27 dealers closed but in most cases they were handed to someone across the street so they didn't really close. What's the criteria for the closures? It sure wasn't profitability.

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    The Mickey's are large contributors to the Iowa GOP, Karen Mickey sat on the local GOP Committee for several years, McGrath's are large contributors to the Iowa Dems.

How is handing a dealership from one successful person to another not so successful person across the street reducing the number of dealerships? Jeep does not directly compete with the majority of the vehicles Dodge/Chrysler build so they weren't saturating the market, and if they were they still are. 27 dealers closed but in most cases they were handed to someone across the street so they didn't really close. What's the criteria for the closures? It sure wasn't profitability.

But leave it to a Pennsylvania lib to KNOW what's happening in your part of Iowa, Dan.

BTW, Ken. Have you heard the auto dealers being closed down in Sodak are filing a lawsuit? Based on what little I've read so far, the local franchisee has the law in this state on their side, and the manufacturer sending out a notice doesn't necessarily make it so. Time will tell.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    But leave it to a Pennsylvania lib to KNOW what's happening in your part of Iowa, Dan.

BTW, Ken. Have you heard the auto dealers being closed down in Sodak are filing a lawsuit? Based on what little I've read so far, the local franchisee has the law in this state on their side, and the manufacturer sending out a notice doesn't necessarily make it so. Time will tell.

UB
    Actually, the FEC publishes lists of all contributors to presidential campaigns and the Mickeys do not show up with any contributions while their competitor only shows up with $500 in contributions to the dealership PAC in 2005. I know nothing about that area of the country, but do know how to follow the money when it goes through public channels.

Actually, the FEC publishes lists of all contributors to presidential campaigns and the Mickeys do not show up with any contributions while their competitor only shows up with $500 in contributions to the dealership PAC in 2005. I know nothing about that area of the country, but do know how to follow the money when it goes through public channels.
    Yes because that FEC list is so accurate and no political money exchanges hands except whats on the list. The owner of Mickey's (or former owner) is the daughter of the founder and uses her Mickey last name for the business but is married and probably uses that name for political contributions to keep her name out of these things. The Chicago political machine is a little smarter than that. Its hard to believe she chaired the local GOP and contributed nothing, though I couldn't blame her for not contributing to McCain.

Just for a point of fact, how does Mr. Rezco show up on your list as having contributed?

Yes because that FEC list is so accurate and no political money exchanges hands except whats on the list. The owner of Mickey's (or former owner) is the daughter of the founder and uses her Mickey last name for the business but is married and probably uses that name for political contributions to keep her name out of these things. The Chicago political machine is a little smarter than that. Its hard to believe she chaired the local GOP and contributed nothing, though I couldn't blame her for not contributing to McCain.

Just for a point of fact, how does Mr. Rezco show up on your list as having contributed?
    There is only one Rezco listed:

REZCO, ANTOIN S
    , 60610

RUSH, BOBBY LEE
    VIA CITIZENS FOR RUSH
    03/31/1998 1000.00

I don't know if that is who you are looking for. Karen Mickey is not listed as either Karen Mickey, Karen Patton (her son's last name), Mickey Chrysler Dodge, or 1st Avenue Chrysler Inc. (the legal name for the dealership). Pat McGrath has given annually to the dealers association, but not to a political candidate or party.

MCGRATH, PAT MR.
    CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52402
    PAT MCGRATH CHEVROLET/DEALER

DEALERS ELECTION ACTION COMMITTEE OF THE NATIONAL AUTOMOTIVE DEALERS ASSOCIATION
    12/12/2005 250.00 26980019565
    08/15/2006 250.00 26930377488
    07/26/2007 250.00 27990485258
    08/12/2008 250.00 28992149737

There is one other McGrath in a different part of Iowa that contributed $200 to the Democrats, but no one else with the same last name.

Only contributions of $250 or more show up in the FEC database.

EDIT:

There are contributions from a Bruce McGrath who looks like he may be related to Pat McGrath (e.g. father), s follows:

MCGRATH, BRUCE
    CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52403

DNC SERVICES CORPORATION/DEMOCRATIC NATIONAL COMMITTEE
    04/02/2009 250.00 29933783986
    MCGRATH, BRUCE
    CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52403
    MCGRATH AUTO GROUP/AUTO RETAILER

RICHARDSON, BILL
    VIA RICHARDSON FOR PRESIDENT INC.
    11/11/2007 500.00 28930354081
    MCGRATH, BRUCE
    CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52403
    MCGRATH AUTOMOTIVE GROUP

GRASSLEY, CHARLES E
    VIA GRASSLEY COMMITTEE INC
    10/01/1998 500.00 98020252441
    MCGRATH, BRUCE MR.
    CEDAR RAPIDS, IA 52403
    NOT EMPLOYED/RETIRED

OBAMA, BARACK
    VIA OBAMA FOR AMERICA
    06/04/2008 250.00 28991594993
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 06-12-2009 at 02:31 PM.

There is only one Rezco listed:

REZCO, ANTOIN S
    , 60610

RUSH, BOBBY LEE
    VIA CITIZENS FOR RUSH
    03/31/1998 1000.00

I don't know if that is who you are looking for. Karen Mickey is not listed as either Karen Mickey, Karen Patton (her son's last name), Mickey Chrysler Dodge, or 1st Avenue Chrysler Inc. (the legal name for the dealership). Pat McGrath has given annually to the dealers association, but not to a political candidate or party.
    Ah yes, so Tony Rezco gave ZERO dollars to Barrack Obama, lots of creditibility in your source there Jeff. I guess when you drink the Koolaid you'll believe anything.

Ah yes, so Tony Rezco gave ZERO dollars to Barrack Obama, lots of creditibility in your source there Jeff. I guess when you drink the Koolaid you'll believe anything.
    Based on his track record I suspect that any donations would have been made to non-Federal campaigns. Those are not reported to the FEC. He may also have given to various organizations that avoid FEC reporting requirements by not taking explicitly campaigning postures in federal elections. That, for example, was the way much of the swift-boating ads were financed to attack Kerry. Reporting is only as good as the campaign disclosure laws.