The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Boycott Of GM Called

I don't have a problem with GM (or others) other than the government subsidizing their piss-poor management. The free market should dictate their fate instead of the marxist/fascist ideals by our newly appointed and glorious governmental majority.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post
    Not questioning this honesty. I'm just saying based on the short synopsis you gave there has to be more to the story. Why was the guy who stood up for her suspended. Why wasn't she allowed to go? etc. I'm not saying that it's excusable to not let her use the restroom, there must be more to the story.
    You aren't familiar with the auto plant floor culture I see.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    That's comforting to know that a portion of the money I spent on my last GM paid for three lobbyists and a union honcho to work on a state park in Michigan. Heaven forbid they spend their time on, oh, I don't know....automobiles maybe? That makes me want to rush right out and buy another GM so I can fund some more union payback, lobbying, influence peddlin' and pet projects.
    GM didn't pay for it.
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    GM didn't pay for it.
    Ah, OK. I wasn't aware that the UAW had other revenue streams beyond riding the backs of GM employees. And I guess I was wrong by assuming a percentage of every GM vehicle sold ends up in the pockets of UAW flacks and their lobbyists. My bad.

Ah, OK. I wasn't aware that the UAW had other revenue streams beyond riding the backs of GM employees. And I guess I was wrong by assuming a percentage of every GM vehicle sold ends up in the pockets of UAW flacks and their lobbyists. My bad.
    They don't have the auto employees as the sole source of funds. Also it may please you to note that the union dropped its non union advocacy a decade ago in a restructuring.

As for the term "flacks", I guess you might call them that from a safe distance in Florida. But I bet you haven't met any.

Anyway, I enjoy you golden tongue(or the web equivalent, Hew. Soldier on!
    Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    They don't have the auto employees as the sole source of funds.
    Oh, that's right. They started outsourcing the services of their highly profitable Extortion and Intimidation Division a few years ago.

Oh, that's right. They started outsourcing the services of their highly profitable Extortion and Intimidation Division a few years ago.
    That, Hew, is bullshit! You know better than than that.
    Zeus

We already have government corruption at the new Gooberment Motors!
    This may come as a surprise to most Democrats but, your warm and fuzzy Barney Frank is just one of the culprits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXyhKXUP7PM
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We already have government corruption at the new Gooberment Motors!
    This may come as a surprise to most Democrats but, your warm and fuzzy Barney Frank is just one of the culprits!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXyhKXUP7PM
    Every dealer that got a letter from GM telling them their Sales & Service Agreement would not be renewed in Oct. 2010 was advises they could appeal the decision by presenting a valid business case why they should remain open. GM agreed to review and consider all such cases on their own merit. To my knowledge, there have been about 800 appeals, and about 60 dealers have had the original decision overturned by providing GM with evidence that the financial figures and performance data previously used was inaccurate,

It is not uncommon for a dealer to have political connections to mayors, senators, and congressmen, and they often elicit the help of whoever they think has the most clout whenever they want to get something accomplished (dealer franchise laws, rezoning, etc). Since most of them assume the Democrats have influence over what GM is doing, it makes sense they would go to a Democratic Congressman or Senator to see if they could exert some influence with GM.

I can tell you that most of the original group of dealers were selected based on their viability and performance as a GM dealer. Then, it moved to dealers that were in locations where GM no longer wanted a dealership.

I also notice Rep. Bachmann’s was pretty vague on the details. She gave no information on where these “stories” she cited were published, and no information about the dealers in question. I think she needs to provide a little more information before I would be willing to accept her accusations as fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Every dealer that got a letter from GM telling them their Sales & Service Agreement would not be renewed in Oct. 2010 was advises they could appeal the decision by presenting a valid business case why they should remain open. GM agreed to review and consider all such cases on their own merit. To my knowledge, there have been about 800 appeals, and about 60 dealers have had the original decision overturned by providing GM with evidence that the financial figures and performance data previously used was inaccurate,

It is not uncommon for a dealer to have political connections to mayors, senators, and congressmen, and they often elicit the help of whoever they think has the most clout whenever they want to get something accomplished (dealer franchise laws, rezoning, etc). Since most of them assume the Democrats have influence over what GM is doing, it makes sense they would go to a Democratic Congressman or Senator to see if they could exert some influence with GM.

I can tell you that most of the original group of dealers were selected based on their viability and performance as a GM dealer. Then, it moved to dealers that were in locations where GM no longer wanted a dealership.

I also notice Rep. Bachmann’s was pretty vague on the details. She gave no information on where these “stories” she cited were published, and no information about the dealers in question. I think she needs to provide a little more information before I would be willing to accept her accusations as fact.
    So, if you don't know or can't pay financial tribute to a high-ranking Democrat, one is screwed?

We can all debate this for months. However, with the UAW incharge, GM is doomed.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge