The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 91

Thread: Boycott Of GM Called

  1. #81
    Senior Member kjrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    2,414

    Default

    I don't have a problem with GM (or others) other than the government subsidizing their piss-poor management. The free market should dictate their fate instead of the marxist/fascist ideals by our newly appointed and glorious governmental majority.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

  2. #82
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post
    Not questioning this honesty. I'm just saying based on the short synopsis you gave there has to be more to the story. Why was the guy who stood up for her suspended. Why wasn't she allowed to go? etc. I'm not saying that it's excusable to not let her use the restroom, there must be more to the story.
    You aren't familiar with the auto plant floor culture I see.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  3. #83
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    That's comforting to know that a portion of the money I spent on my last GM paid for three lobbyists and a union honcho to work on a state park in Michigan. Heaven forbid they spend their time on, oh, I don't know....automobiles maybe? That makes me want to rush right out and buy another GM so I can fund some more union payback, lobbying, influence peddlin' and pet projects.
    GM didn't pay for it.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  4. #84
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    GM didn't pay for it.
    Ah, OK. I wasn't aware that the UAW had other revenue streams beyond riding the backs of GM employees. And I guess I was wrong by assuming a percentage of every GM vehicle sold ends up in the pockets of UAW flacks and their lobbyists. My bad.

  5. #85
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Ah, OK. I wasn't aware that the UAW had other revenue streams beyond riding the backs of GM employees. And I guess I was wrong by assuming a percentage of every GM vehicle sold ends up in the pockets of UAW flacks and their lobbyists. My bad.
    They don't have the auto employees as the sole source of funds. Also it may please you to note that the union dropped its non union advocacy a decade ago in a restructuring.

    As for the term "flacks", I guess you might call them that from a safe distance in Florida. But I bet you haven't met any.

    Anyway, I enjoy you golden tongue(or the web equivalent, Hew. Soldier on!
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  6. #86
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zeus3925 View Post
    They don't have the auto employees as the sole source of funds.
    Oh, that's right. They started outsourcing the services of their highly profitable Extortion and Intimidation Division a few years ago.

  7. #87
    Senior Member zeus3925's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    West Twin Cities Metro, MN
    Posts
    2,271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Oh, that's right. They started outsourcing the services of their highly profitable Extortion and Intimidation Division a few years ago.
    That, Hew, is bullshit! You know better than than that.
    Zeus

    I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

  8. #88
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,940

    Default

    We already have government corruption at the new Gooberment Motors!
    This may come as a surprise to most Democrats but, your warm and fuzzy Barney Frank is just one of the culprits!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXyhKXUP7PM
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    We already have government corruption at the new Gooberment Motors!
    This may come as a surprise to most Democrats but, your warm and fuzzy Barney Frank is just one of the culprits!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXyhKXUP7PM
    Every dealer that got a letter from GM telling them their Sales & Service Agreement would not be renewed in Oct. 2010 was advises they could appeal the decision by presenting a valid business case why they should remain open. GM agreed to review and consider all such cases on their own merit. To my knowledge, there have been about 800 appeals, and about 60 dealers have had the original decision overturned by providing GM with evidence that the financial figures and performance data previously used was inaccurate,

    It is not uncommon for a dealer to have political connections to mayors, senators, and congressmen, and they often elicit the help of whoever they think has the most clout whenever they want to get something accomplished (dealer franchise laws, rezoning, etc). Since most of them assume the Democrats have influence over what GM is doing, it makes sense they would go to a Democratic Congressman or Senator to see if they could exert some influence with GM.

    I can tell you that most of the original group of dealers were selected based on their viability and performance as a GM dealer. Then, it moved to dealers that were in locations where GM no longer wanted a dealership.

    I also notice Rep. Bachmann’s was pretty vague on the details. She gave no information on where these “stories” she cited were published, and no information about the dealers in question. I think she needs to provide a little more information before I would be willing to accept her accusations as fact.

  10. #90
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Every dealer that got a letter from GM telling them their Sales & Service Agreement would not be renewed in Oct. 2010 was advises they could appeal the decision by presenting a valid business case why they should remain open. GM agreed to review and consider all such cases on their own merit. To my knowledge, there have been about 800 appeals, and about 60 dealers have had the original decision overturned by providing GM with evidence that the financial figures and performance data previously used was inaccurate,

    It is not uncommon for a dealer to have political connections to mayors, senators, and congressmen, and they often elicit the help of whoever they think has the most clout whenever they want to get something accomplished (dealer franchise laws, rezoning, etc). Since most of them assume the Democrats have influence over what GM is doing, it makes sense they would go to a Democratic Congressman or Senator to see if they could exert some influence with GM.

    I can tell you that most of the original group of dealers were selected based on their viability and performance as a GM dealer. Then, it moved to dealers that were in locations where GM no longer wanted a dealership.

    I also notice Rep. Bachmann’s was pretty vague on the details. She gave no information on where these “stories” she cited were published, and no information about the dealers in question. I think she needs to provide a little more information before I would be willing to accept her accusations as fact.
    So, if you don't know or can't pay financial tribute to a high-ranking Democrat, one is screwed?

    We can all debate this for months. However, with the UAW incharge, GM is doomed.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge



Similar Threads

  1. Well, how about judges giving gifts of being called back?
    By DEDEYE in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-03-2008, 10:46 AM
  2. Dogs called back to the forth series in the Q.-Other results
    By bennetts in forum Event Information
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2007, 10:14 PM
  3. Chris Atkinson Called Up and Bound Overseas
    By Nimrod in forum RTF - Retriever Training Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 08:40 AM
  4. I think this Open Should be called the Elite Stake GDG
    By Digger Dan in forum Event Information
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2006, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •