The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Newt Gringrinch the next great white republican hope for president

Banned

Default Newt Gringrinch the next great white republican hope for president

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

He would be a great improvement over that clown in the White House now.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Yes he would but, a zero chance of winning the White House.

Romney has the best chance as of right now. He has the look, chrisma and smart enough to distance himself from Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Hannity.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

I was very disapointed when he decided not to run in the last election. As of now, I'm not sure who I like better between Newt and Palin. It's almost a toss up for me. Unfortunately there is plenty of time to make up my mind.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    I agree 100%, he would be better than what we have now. I was born a republican and I guess I would vote for him, if that were my only choice. But while Newt lived here (Carrollton GA) were I have lived all of my life, I can tell you he didn’t make any friends!! He made the below statement very public several times and I guess anytime I here his name this is all I think about….. This is copied from search.com under his bio.

In 1962, Gingrich married Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher, when he was 19 years old; she was seven years his senior at 26 years old. Jackie raised their two daughters, worked to put Newt through graduate school and was a loyal political wife. Gingrich and Battley divorced in 1980. Battley has charged that Gingrich discussed the terms of their divorce settlement while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. According to L.H. Carter, his campaign treasurer, Newt said of Battley: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer." Newt has vigorously denied saying anything like this and his staff has stated that L. H. Carter was a disgruntled employee left behind in Georgia. He refused to pay alimony or child support. His hometown First Baptist Church had to take up a collection to support the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    I agree 100%, he would be better than what we have now. I was born a republican and I guess I would vote for him, if that were my only choice. But while Newt lived here (Carrollton GA) were I have lived all of my life, I can tell you he didn’t make any friends!! He made the below statement very public several times and I guess anytime I here his name this is all I think about….. This is copied from search.com under his bio.

In 1962, Gingrich married Jackie Battley, his former high school geometry teacher, when he was 19 years old; she was seven years his senior at 26 years old. Jackie raised their two daughters, worked to put Newt through graduate school and was a loyal political wife. Gingrich and Battley divorced in 1980. Battley has charged that Gingrich discussed the terms of their divorce settlement while she was in the hospital recovering from cancer surgery. According to L.H. Carter, his campaign treasurer, Newt said of Battley: "She's not young enough or pretty enough to be the wife of the President. And besides, she has cancer." Newt has vigorously denied saying anything like this and his staff has stated that L. H. Carter was a disgruntled employee left behind in Georgia. He refused to pay alimony or child support. His hometown First Baptist Church had to take up a collection to support the family.
    McCain was forgiven/forgotten for divorcing his first wife when she was no longer what he thought he'd bargained for (and after his experiences, he was perhaps much changed as well). I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. People's private decisions, even when not as heroic as one might dream up for them, should remain private and they should get at least some small amount of grace from the public, which can't help but be ignorant about individuals' hearts. (Being honest, however, that part of his biography rankles me, and did weigh in a small way against my voting for him.)

However, my point--if McCain can be forgiven/forgotten, I'm sure Gingrich will be as well. (And while I'll try to keep an open mind, I'm sure this part of his biography will rankle me as well if it comes to that, but there are bigger objections I have to him, so it's probably a moot point as far as my vote goes.)
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by luvalab View Post
    McCain was forgiven/forgotten for divorcing his first wife when she was no longer what he thought he'd bargained for (and after his experiences, he was perhaps much changed as well). I'm not saying that's necessarily a bad thing. People's private decisions, even when not as heroic as one might dream up for them, should remain private and they should get at least some small amount of grace from the public, which can't help but be ignorant about individuals' hearts. (Being honest, however, that part of his biography rankles me, and did weigh in a small way against my voting for him.)

However, my point--if McCain can be forgiven/forgotten, I'm sure Gingrich will be as well. (And while I'll try to keep an open mind, I'm sure this part of his biography will rankle me as well if it comes to that, but there are bigger objections I have to him, so it's probably a moot point as far as my vote goes.)
    I agree with you 100%, and if it comes down to it........he would have my vote! Anything with a pulse will have my vote over what's in the "White" House now! It's just anytime I here Newt's name, this is all I can think about. I really hope he has changed and is a better person than when he was living here. He just left a really bad impression to just about everyone in this part of the state when he was here.

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I don't care if the GOP runs Donald Duck against Osama in 12, Donald would get my vote. Newt is my kind of Conservative and would be one of my first choices for the office. No way I vote for Romney unless he is the nominee and then I would be voting against Osama and not necessarily for the former gov of the Peoples Republic of Mass.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    "The Great White Hope?"

What kind of RACIST statement is that??
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    "The Great White Hope?"

What kind of RACIST statement is that??
    I don't know, but I can tell you I liked it!! The media made the last one a race issue, we should make our next election about it and see how far it goes!