The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Newt Gringrinch the next great white republican hope for president

After Dear Leader it will be nice to have an adult in the White House again but Newt isn't going to be that adult. He isn't electable.

We live in Cuba now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    "The Great White Hope?"

What kind of RACIST statement is that??
    You are right, I should have said the great white dope.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Yeah, that's what you should have said!
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    So Roger, are you happy with President Obama's performance so far? If so, what specific decisions or policies are your favorites?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    So Roger, are you happy with President Obama's performance so far? If so, what specific decisions or policies are your favorites?
    No I am not happy with his performance so far, however he has a lot to overcome from what the Bush administration dumped in his lap (the economy, war in Iraq, war in Afganistan). It will take time to find a way out of the mess he was left. If he can't, our country will be in a hole so deep we will never dig ourselves out of.

We are stuck with Obama for the next 3 1/2 years. Unless you have other ideas on how to get Obama out of office and who would do a better job of replacing him, I'd say we will have to wait until the next election to see if the next canidate has a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Yes he would but, a zero chance of winning the White House.

Romney has the best chance as of right now. He has the look, chrisma and smart enough to distance himself from Limbaugh, O'Reilly and Hannity.
    Franco....I hear people say that, what's the reasoning?

I'd like to see Newt get some traction, he just doesn't seem to excite anyone, except hardcore conservatives.
    Train the dog, the ribbons will take care of themselves.

In this media driven age, Gingrich would not be able to stand up to the scrutiny about his personal life, look at what they are doing to Sarah Palin,they will do whatever it takes to bring her down because she was a viable , marketable option and that scares the living heck out of the left. I wonder how all the GM, Chrysler and Ford guys in Michigan that voted for BHO feel now since many have lost their jobs and their companies..
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by Brandoned View Post
    I agree with you 100%, and if it comes down to it........he would have my vote! Anything with a pulse will have my vote over what's in the "White" House now! It's just anytime I here Newt's name, this is all I can think about. I really hope he has changed and is a better person than when he was living here. He just left a really bad impression to just about everyone in this part of the state when he was here.
    Just to be clear:

The thing we agree on is apparently that most affairs of the heart should remain mostly a matter of private conscience, with emphasis on "most" and "mostly"--I think it can be an indicator of integrity, but isn't necessarily a litmus test.

What we don't agree on is that we'd both be voting for Mr. Gingrich (that's the remotest possibility around, though, I am trying very hard to look at big pictures these days and keep an open mind).

If it's all the same to you, I'd like to distance my remarks from the racial tone of the exchange. I don't care if that lovely old house is white, off-white, peach, yellow, beige, brown, or even a tasteful green--nor do I care about the color of the inhabitants, present or future. Some competence would be a welcome change from the past decade or more, whatever colored wrapping it comes in.

But it's nice to be able to agree on something around here.
    --Greta Ode
    willing slave to the whims of
    Kerrybrooks Magical Atticus MH
    Coastalight Kiowa Ravenhawk MH

Quote Originally Posted by TXduckdog View Post
    Franco....I hear people say that, what's the reasoning?

I'd like to see Newt get some traction, he just doesn't seem to excite anyone, except hardcore conservatives.
    His only appeal is with hardcore Republicans which makes it too difficult to grow support.
    Too many skeletons in the closet.
    His close ties with Limbaugh, O"Reilly and Hannity doesn't help.

As we get closer to the 2010 elections and then on to the 2012 Presidential election, watch how the GOP candidates avoid those three shows like the plague.

Newt is a smart man but, he is basically in the business of selling books.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    In this media driven age, Gingrich would not be able to stand up to the scrutiny about his personal life, look at what they are doing to Sarah Palin,they will do whatever it takes to bring her down because she was a viable , marketable option and that scares the living heck out of the left. I wonder how all the GM, Chrysler and Ford guys in Michigan that voted for BHO feel now since many have lost their jobs and their companies..

Gm, Chrysler and ford were all in trouble way before Obama took office. Just another mess the Bush administration dumped in Obama's lap before Bush left office.