The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Newt Gringrinch the next great white republican hope for president

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    [/B][/SIZE]

Gm, Chrysler and ford were all in trouble way before Obama took office. Just another mess the Bush administration dumped in Obama's lap before Bush left office.

Perhaps, but the "FIX" is ALL Obama's!!

blame Bush for that!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Perhaps, but the "FIX" is ALL Obama's!!

blame Bush for that!!
    Bush was trying to figure out a way to fix the economy and auto industry problems before the election.

To quote John McCain back in july, 2008 long before Obama was elected President and while Bush was still in control of the white house:

McCain: The economy is in ‘terrible shape’ By Klaus Marre Posted: 07/02/08 10:35 AM [ET] Republican presidential candidate John McCain said Wednesday that the U.S. economy is in “terrible shape” and that Americans “are hurting badly right now.”

Of course, McCain waffeled on that statement saying the economy was in good shape until the next day when the Bush administration said the economy was not in good shape.

By the way, I am a registered Independent. I am not affiliated with either the republican or democratic parties. I choose to vote for the person I think will do the best job, not the party.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 06-10-2009 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    His close ties with Limbaugh, O"Reilly and Hannity doesn't help.

As we get closer to the 2010 elections and then on to the 2012 Presidential election, watch how the GOP candidates avoid those three shows like the plague.

Yeah because moving to the middle and alienating conservatives worked out so well for McCain . Conservatives need to be Conservatives. McCain got tromped in the middle Bush failed miserably in the middle trying to make everyone happy. Newt isn't much better has waffled as much as everyone else in the last few years. Romney's great if you want Nationalized Health Care. He's got a lot of moving to the right to do before he would get my vote. Is there no one better than just recycling past losers? Oh wait there is.....

Skywatcher Salem Orchard Hard "Cider"

Quote Originally Posted by IowaBayDog View Post
    Yeah because moving to the middle and alienating conservatives worked out so well for McCain . Conservatives need to be Conservatives. McCain got tromped in the middle Bush failed miserably in the middle trying to make everyone happy. Newt isn't much better has waffled as much as everyone else in the last few years. Romney's great if you want Nationalized Health Care. He's got a lot of moving to the right to do before he would get my vote. Is there no one better than just recycling past losers? Oh wait there is.....
    Alienating Conservatives? McCain received the Conservative vote. That's because the Conservatives certainly didn't want the Marxist Obamo in office.

Yes, Bush's administration was a disaster and created havoc for the Republicans. Mrs Palin, a very decent woman did more damage then good to the McCain campaign. I still, to this day do not understand why he chose her to be his running mate. She did not bring more voters to the party and Alaska only has 3 Electorial votes. McCain would have received the Christian/Anti-Abortion vote anyway.

I'll have to find the poll and post it but, Rush Limbaugh gets the highest percentage as being the spokesperson of the Republicans. Rush has a large audience among Republicans preaching to the choir. However, he is disliked by a much larger percentage. I still say he does the party more harm than good.

Until another/better Republican surfaces, Mitt Romney has the best chance of dethrowning the Marxist. And, Mitt knows he has to disagree with Limbaugh and distance himself from Limbaugh/Hannity/O'Reilly if he has any chance of getting the nomination.
    Last edited by Franco; 06-10-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

anyone able to explain how a private companies problems running their company (the auto makers) is a presidents fault. that wasn't Bush's fault if you want to place blame, blame environmentalists, UAW, and stupid execs for the auto company. Unfortunately it is your guy that wants to run the car companies...not Bush.

[/B][/SIZE]

Gm, Chrysler and ford were all in trouble way before Obama took office. Just another mess the Bush administration dumped in Obama's lap before Bush left office.
    I'd love to hear how that was Bush's fault. Seems to me the auto industry wasn't run by the Govt. at that time.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    anyone able to explain how a private companies problems running their company (the auto makers) is a presidents fault. that wasn't Bush's fault if you want to place blame, blame environmentalists, UAW, and stupid execs for the auto company. Unfortunately it is your guy that wants to run the car companies...not Bush.
    We think alike! The UAW and Govt. over the past 25 years takes the blame.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

I'll have to find the poll and post it but, Rush Limbaugh gets the highest percentage as being the spokesperson of the Republicans. Rush has a large audience among Republicans preaching to the choir. However, he is disliked by a much larger percentage. I still say he does the party more harm than good.
    I don't think the majority of the people who dispise Rush and Hannity have ever really listened to either one of them. They just hear all the BS the liberal media has to say about them.

Until another/better Republican surfaces, Mitt Romney has the best chance of dethrowning the Marxist. And, Mitt knows he has to disagree with Limbaugh and distance himself from Limbaugh/Hannity/O'Reilly if he has any chance of getting the nomination.
    Look how far that got McCain! McCain was not popular with the base. You cannot alienate your base and ever expect to win any election. That's one of the more ridiculous things I've heard from the media. It makes absolutely no sense!
    Last edited by honker88; 06-11-2009 at 06:18 AM.

Banned

Speaking of Rush Limbaugh ------

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/18116

Speaking of Rush Limbaugh ------

http://www.capitolhillblue.com/node/18116

That's the typical liberal media response to Limbaugh I am talking about...

"Limbaugh told his brain-dead followers that if al Qaeda wants to destroy America it had better hurry before Obama beats them to it."
    "Looks like Rush is popping Oxycontin again."
    "Obama wasn't even a Senator when the Republican Party that Limbaugh so reveres set out to destroy America."
    "It wasn't Obama who turned the United States into a war criminal nation that ignored the Geneva Convention and made torture standard operating procedure for treatment of "enemy combatants." That was former President George W. Bush and his primary hit-man -- Vice President Dick Cheney."

No slant there, right?