The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Newt Gringrinch the next great white republican hope for president

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Rush Limbaugh speaks the truth, something I cannot say for the looney left.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Being a strong supporter of Family Values, I can't lend support to Newt. He is on his third wife, and was having his affair with his third wife while his second wife was on her death bed, needing his support and love, while he was seeking love elsewhere. Has he spoken at Notre Dame? Other than that, Newt's ok, but to me, that's disqualifying.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Passing forged prescriptions for narcotics and telling pharmacists that the doctor "ran out of prescription pads" is an example of "telling the truth?" Our practice had the same thing happen, and that person is in the Venango Co. jail to this day!

There are FAR better leaders of conservatism than he! Unfortunately, they've all been marginalized by the modern party. I doubt Ronald Reagan himself would be more than a handsome "left-leaning" republican third-rate candidate if he appeared on the scene today.

As I said, politically, I have no home. Me and many other traditional conservatives who don't follow the Rush wagon are wondering where we belong.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I didn't say thaty Rush didn't have a problem(which he has gotten past) The liars of the left, Huffington, Daily Kos and Move On should be so honest.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

I think it was just yesterday that Rush said it was the people who work out and the fitness freaks that are at the core problem with this country's health care problem.

my words are in bold...

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Passing forged prescriptions for narcotics and telling pharmacists that the doctor "ran out of prescription pads" is an example of "telling the truth?" Our practice had the same thing happen, and that person is in the Venango Co. jail to this day! I would really like to read more about Limbaugh forging prescriptions and telling the pharm that the doc "ran out of prescription pad." Could you please provide a link where could I read of such actions by Limbaugh? Thanks.

There are FAR better leaders of conservatism than he! Unfortunately, they've all been marginalized by the modern party. I doubt Ronald Reagan himself would be more than a handsome "left-leaning" republican third-rate candidate if he appeared on the scene today. I'm confused. You've said previously that you considered yourself a fiscal conservative and were critical of Reagan running up the deficit. Being a fiscal conservative and all, it would seem like you are the one who'd be marginalizing Reagan if he appeared on the scene today. So it's alright if you marginalize Reagan, but if the modern Republican Party does it (which I seriously doubt they would) then they're close-minded Limbaugh wannabes who are only interested in political hegemony?

As I said, politically, I have no home. Me and many other traditional conservatives who don't follow the Rush wagon are wondering where we belong. I haven't hung on your every word, so perhaps I'm wrong, but from reading what you've posted here you don't strike me as one whose political views can be easily labled or pigeonholed. That's great. There's not a thing wrong with that. But I do take issue when people whose views can't be neatly fit into one particular box try to pretend that one party or another has somehow "left them" because the party's platforms don't mesh exactly with their beliefs. You don't get to change history and the definitions of conservatism to fit your views. Again, from what I've read of you on here, you don't strike me as particularly conservative (fiscally or otherwise). And if you are indeed a conservative in the traditional sense (i.e. nearly strictly based on economics...i.e. a Country Club Republican), then your views were shunted to the side by the Republican Party more than 30 years ago; long before Limbaugh and talk radio.

Banned

I suppose you also think he was "telling the truth" when he denied he was
    doctor shopping for pain killers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042801692.html

I would really like to read more about Limbaugh forging prescriptions and telling the pharm that the doc "ran out of prescription pad." Could you please provide a link where could I read of such actions by Limbaugh? Thanks.

Hew, you are right from what I know he did not tell the pharm that the doc ran out of precscription pads.From what I remember he did however, buy pain killers from his housekeeper.

I don't care if the GOP runs Donald Duck against Osama in 12, Donald would get my vote. Newt is my kind of Conservative and would be one of my first choices for the office. No way I vote for Romney unless he is the nominee and then I would be voting against Osama and not necessarily for the former gov of the Peoples Republic of Mass.
    Three wives...having an affair while wife numbe two was dying of cancer....this is not my kind of conservative. Call me old fashioned....

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    my words are in bold...
    Thanks for straightening me out on my political views. I really appreciate that. I think you basically said in a round about way that I feel that both major parties can go suck eggs. They're both self-serving, and will do nothing to change so long as people like me continue to bank-roll their power trips.

I'm going to train my dog now. If I have anymore introspective dilemmas, or the urge to be categorized or excluded, I'll be sure to solicit advice on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I suppose you also think he was "telling the truth" when he denied he was
    doctor shopping for pain killers.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...042801692.html

I would really like to read more about Limbaugh forging prescriptions and telling the pharm that the doc "ran out of prescription pad." Could you please provide a link where could I read of such actions by Limbaugh? Thanks.

Hew, you are right from what I know he did not tell the pharm that the doc ran out of precscription pads.From what I remember he did however, buy pain killers from his housekeeper.
    I'd like to see half the crap spewed here backed up with primesource verification. I guess if he only *forged* prescriptions and bought from illegal sources...THAT's ok???

I would be happy to offer sources, but frankly, I have better things to do, and besides, he hid behind the shield of the ACLU to conceal records. There's a conservative action for you!! Oops, sorry, I guess I can't be conservative because I spoke out against the Almighty Rush.