The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Newt Gringrinch the next great white republican hope for president

Quote Originally Posted by honker88 View Post
    She's a normal everyday American.
    God help us
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

I don't think it matters who the GOP nominates in 2012, Osama will step on his genitals so many times between now ant then that he will become a pariah to most rational Americans who will vote for anybody but him.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    God help us
    I've never quite understood the venom for Palin. It seems like many on the left have an irrational hatred for her, but nobody has been able to explain it to me. What has she done that inspires liberals to such passion? Nobody is that exercised about lack of experience. She overdoes the folksy, "aw shucks" thing most of the time, but all politicians put on a false front. She may not be my favorite candidate, but she seems pretty straight up to me. She's definitely closer to a real person than the majority of candidates on either side. What is it about her that gets under your skin so much?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    I've never quite understood the venom for Palin. It seems like many on the left have an irrational hatred for her, but nobody has been able to explain it to me. What has she done that inspires liberals to such passion? Nobody is that exercised about lack of experience. She overdoes the folksy, "aw shucks" thing most of the time, but all politicians put on a false front. She may not be my favorite candidate, but she seems pretty straight up to me. She's definitely closer to a real person than the majority of candidates on either side. What is it about her that gets under your skin so much?
    Palin's "timing" hurt her. There was only going to be one media darling in the last campaign and the media directed their negativity at her all the while kissing Obama's feet. It was much easier for the media to attack her than her running mate, the war hero.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

I think the left thought the first woman to have a shot at POTUS was Hillary, along comes a fresh faced, attractive, feminine candidate like Gov.Palin and it scares the heck out of them, face the facts our political races have turned into popularity contests, not on who is the most qualified or who has better views on the issues, and like it or not the camera loves Sarah Palin, and with the correct marketing team behind her she could be a force....our current POTUS proved that its more about style and less about substance
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I've never quite understood the venom for Palin.
    I'll do a 'Hew' here with my reply. The bolded text is mine.
    I've never quite understood the venom for Obama..., (he was not my choice, but I voted 'against' instead of for.
    It seems like many on the left (right) have an irrational hatred for her (him), but nobody has been able to explain it to me.(??) What has she (he) done that inspires liberals (conservatives) to such passion? Nobody is that exercised about lack of experience. She overdoes the folksy, "aw shucks" thing most of the time, but all politicians put on a false front.
    Your kiddin' me, right?
    She may not be my favorite candidate, but she seems pretty straight up to me. She's definitely closer to a real person than the majority of candidates on either side. What is it about her that gets under your skin so much?
    I might ask you the same question about 'him'.
    Remember Matt, we were not voting for Palin for Pres., but for Mccain.

Many did not want to go there.

Matt, it is not so much that I am a fan of Obama, but that I was done, finished, through, kaput, with the previous administration, and all of what I percieved to be its lack of faith in America.

I'm perfectly willing to recognize that we will agree to disagree.

I allowed, recently to let my responce to someone become personal. I was wrong, and I apologized for it.

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Well, that did everything but answer the question. Are there any other Palin-haters that can help me out?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    God help us
    I don't get it. When the majority of people (not saying you are one of the majority) talk politics they end up complaining about how crooked politicians are. That they are so far out of touch, they don't know the problems that normal people face everyday. Palin is a normal everyday American that doesn't appear to have forgotten where she came from. Out of nowhere she become Governor of AK, then to the national stage as a Vice Presidential candidate she is demonized for being a normal person because her views aren't aligned with the left. Prior to the election she was widly popular in AK. I suspect her popularity has decreased some simply because she's been beat up so bad in the national media, but she is still very popular. Why? Because she shares the same views as the majority of people. She is trustworthy. She follows through with what she beleives is right. She takes on her political enemies rather than trying to appease them. It just doesn't make sense to me at all. We hear everyday that most politicians are "tied to special interests". Palin doesn't appear to be that way and she (and her family) is treated far worse than crap.
    Last edited by honker88; 06-16-2009 at 06:56 AM.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Palin's "timing" hurt her. There was only going to be one media darling in the last campaign and the media directed their negativity at her all the while kissing Obama's feet. It was much easier for the media to attack her than her running mate, the war hero.
    Do you honestly think Palin could have ever been a "media darling"? Her views don't align with the left.
    “Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.” ~ Ronald Reagan

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Sarah Palin couldn't have gotten a break from the government controlled media in this country, they wanted Osama to win period.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!