The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Obama fires Inspector General

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    The GOP is only left wing because of people like Colin Powell and McCain. The right will take back control of the party by the time BHO is up for re-election.

Yup and they are called Libertarians and I am one of em
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    I'm curious.

I said it in another thread, facetiously.

"We're all independents now."

It seems to be the tagline de jour.

Are we witnessing the rise of a viable third party? What would be the platform? What would be their positions vis a vis social and economic issues? World, and national security issues?
    What would bring former dems and reps together? Their mutual dislike and mistrust of the current two party system?

I read statements made here more and more frequently, 'that, I'm not a supporter of him!!'. (Fill in the candidate, congressman, nominee, appointee, judge, cabinet member, POTUS of your choice.)

What seems obvious is that more and more of us , sensing a feeling of dismay are yearning for something different.

The finger of blame points many different directions, but ultimately points back at ourselves.

I disagree with Bill Spitzer on many points, but his often repeated, "We may not get what we want, but we may get what we deserve." contains a kernel.

And that may well be all of us regards,

JD
    There is no way an independent could win a presidential election.
    Too many people would vote for Goofy if he was on their party's ticket.
    (Goofy was on the Republican ticket in 2000 & 2004 and won ) well, sort of -- if all the votes in Florida would have been counted he wouldn't have won.

I don't care if the GOP runs Donald Duck against Osama in 12, Donald would get my vote. Newt is my kind of Conservative and would be one of my first choices for the office. No way I vote for Romney unless he is the nominee and then I would be voting against Osama and not necessarily for the former gov of the Peoples Republic of Mass.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    There is no way an independent could win a presidential election.
    Too many people would vote for Goofy if he was on their party's ticket.
    (Goofy was on the Republican ticket in 2000 & 2004 and won ) well, sort of -- if all the votes in Florida would have been counted he wouldn't have won.

I don't care if the GOP runs Donald Duck against Osama in 12, Donald would get my vote. Newt is my kind of Conservative and would be one of my first choices for the office. No way I vote for Romney unless he is the nominee and then I would be voting against Osama and not necessarily for the former gov of the Peoples Republic of Mass.
    OMG...! Could this be a joint statement by Roger and Bob advancing the Goofy and Donald ticket? This third party thing is getting legs.
    Here's a candidate for ya.
    and on the free dingdong party ticket as well!

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift