The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not in Kansas anymore...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090615/...l_palestinians

One key point of the speech (criticized by Jimmy Carter):

...Netanyahu's intention to keep all of Jerusalem and his demand for recognition of Israel as a Jewish state,...
    Whether or not one agrees...it is fitting, in my opinion, that an Israeli leader finally recognizes the importance of maintaining sovereignty over the nation they were given by God.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

This is a rather interesting read for history buffs concerning the meaning of the name Jerusalem:

A Midrashic interpretation (see here for explanation of Midrashic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midrash) in Genesis Rabba explains that Abraham came to the city that was then called Shalem after rescuing Lot. Upon arrival, he asked the king and high priest Melchizedek to bless him, and Melchizedek did so in the name of God (indicating that he, like Abraham, was a monotheist). This encounter between Melchizedek and Abraham was commemorated by renaming the city in their honor: the name Yeru (derived from Yireh, the name Abraham gave to the Temple Mount) was combined with Shalem, producing Yeru-Shalem, meaning the "city of Shalem," or "founded by Shalem." If shalem means "complete," or "without defect, " Yerushalayim would mean the "perfect city," or "the city of he who is perfect". The ending -im indicates the plural in Hebrew grammar and -ayim the dual, leading to an interpretation of the name as representing two facets of the city, such as two hills. The pronunciation of the last syllable as -ayim appears to be a late development, which had not yet appeared at the time of the Septuagint. (http://www.judaic.com/judaism/jerusalem.html)

and

The Midrash describes the Divine consideration that went into endowing the city with its final name.

"If I call it Yireh like Avraham did, the righteous Malki-Tzedek will feel slighted, and if I call it Shalem like Malki-Tzedek did, the righteous Avraham will feel slighted. I will therefore call it Yireh Shalem Yerushalayim to satisfy both."

Shalem means peace and perfection while Yireh means service of G-d. Only when man serves Hashem can he hope to achieve the peace and perfection symbolized by Yireh-shalem Yerushalayim. (http://ohr.edu/yhiy/article.php/1495/print)
    Last edited by Keith Farmer; 06-15-2009 at 02:09 PM.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!