Thread: Catholic-abortions...?!

Default Catholic-abortions...?!

This is interesting:

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/...m?storyid=3145

and,

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=16232

and,

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Church/Default.aspx?id=563720

Kinda fits the whole Notre Dame honorary doctorate for Obama who is the most pro-abortion liberal to ever hold office does it not? Don't you just love that smirk???

Revelation 17:6 (NKJV):
    6 I saw the woman, drunk with the blood of the saints and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus. And when I saw her, I marveled with great amazement.
    Last edited by Keith Farmer; 06-12-2009 at 10:05 PM.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Disgusting and disheartening
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

It is really sad how the administration used the Notre Dame graduation as a guise that somehow the Catholic church was in favor of the Pro choice BHO practices. I am not Catholic but am shocked how many so called "devout Catholics" sold out for the chance to be closer to BHO. I just dont see the hysteria and attraction, its like he is in continual campaign mode and the throngs of people just eat it up. He appoints Czars who answer to no one but the President and no one in Congress speaks up and says whoa

Can the American public be this naive or too stupid to be duped by this administration and the power grab to reform the very check and balances that have made this country great..

I wonder how many Catholics who cheered at the graduation did some soul searching when they entered the little room to say "bless me Father for I have sinned"
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

I'm not defending Obama, but I was no fan of W either. I'm just curious, where was all the outrage when Bush appointed no less than 5 Czars??? Education Czar, Drug Czar, Homeland Security Czar......

I am Catholic (not devout, whatever that means) and amazed at the indignation regarding Notre Dame. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Catholic Church has repeatedly affirmed it's position against the war in Iraq and the death penalty? Am I wrong? W started the war in Iraq, and as Texas Gov, signed more death warrants than anyone else in American history except Judge Roy Bean.

I'm all for the death penalty, so I'm not carping about that, but where is the consistency in everyones "Catholic values", since no one had problems and twisted shorts over W speaking at Catholic venues.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Catholic Church has repeatedly affirmed it's position against the war in Iraq and the death penalty?
    Much like the church's long standing prohibition against abortion and most (if not all) forms of birth control. However, what we are seeing now is the underbelly of the snake as it were...more will come just wait.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'm not defending Obama, but I was no fan of W either. I'm just curious, where was all the outrage when Bush appointed no less than 5 Czars??? Education Czar, Drug Czar, Homeland Security Czar......

I am Catholic (not devout, whatever that means) and amazed at the indignation regarding Notre Dame. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Catholic Church has repeatedly affirmed it's position against the war in Iraq and the death penalty? Am I wrong? W started the war in Iraq, and as Texas Gov, signed more death warrants than anyone else in American history except Judge Roy Bean.

I'm all for the death penalty, so I'm not carping about that, but where is the consistency in everyones "Catholic values", since no one had problems and twisted shorts over W speaking at Catholic venues.
    Did W speak at Notre Dame?
    Matt McKenzie

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably the reason why so few engage in it." Henry Ford

Not sure Bush received an Honorary anything from Notre Dame, that is the difference.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

The problem with Osama speaking at ND is his staunch pro abortion stand. Such a speaker does not belong to be invited to a Catholic institutiion under any circumstances.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Did W speak at Notre Dame?

Here ya go:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/20...onorary-Degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    The problem with Osama speaking at ND is his staunch pro abortion stand. Such a speaker does not belong to be invited to a Catholic institutiion under any circumstances.
    Bob, does that mean what's good for the goose is good for the gander?
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 06-13-2009 at 11:35 AM.

What it means is that Catholic institutions have no right to invite those with opposing views on articles of faith and morals to speak there.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!