The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Bonds siezed...

Default Bonds siezed...

Wonder why we have not heard about this in the prime time media:

http://www.france24.com/en/20090613-...italian-police

The take on this I heard is like this...

If these are real then some large country was probably trying to dump their US holdings. If they are phony some large country is probably trying to further devalue our currency.

Either way the story should be huge but no press?!

When the Treasury was asked by a talking head to comment they refused comment.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

With Iran on the brink of another revolution, that story is getting most of the media attention.

If there is another revolution, it could be the begining of the end for the Islamic state.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

I watched the news last night. I saw among other things stories about Cheney and the CIA director, Miss USA and her firing, comments from a new age styled Catholic priest, etc., etc.

While the Iran story was covered it did not totally consume every minute of news coverage. What I did not see was any coverage of the 134 BILLION dollars worth of U.S. bonds (real or not) recovered in the smuggling story.

Here is a list from Wikipedia of the top holders of U.S. bonds. 134 Billion is no small change and the result of this issue could be significant in terms of our economic impact.

HolderTotal:

China$767.9 Billion
    Japan$686.7 Billion
    Caribbean$213.6 Billion
    OPEC$192.0 Billion
    Russia$138.4 Billion
    United Kingdom$128.2 Billion

(source Wikipedia)

Last edited by Keith Farmer; 06-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post
    I

(source Wikipedia)

Not to take away from what you are saying but the above is one of the fastest ways to a zero on a college paper.
    Some people dream of success, while others wake up and work hard for it.

"Five in the hole is better then 250 circling overhead." - Jase Robertson

Not to take away from what you are saying but the above is one of the fastest ways to a zero on a college paper.
    Ken, I am not sure to what you are referring. The comments made are mine...thus the I...the comments are not from Wikipedia.

The citation for the bond holder totals is from Wikipedia...I am sure there are other sources.

That is the first I have seen about this. Wow
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke