The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Revolution in Iran ?

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    A couple more days of protest and everything goes back to they way it was a few weeks ago.
    Sadly, you're probably right. Just like Tianamen Square.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    We need to stay out of this mess and let the Iranians work it out. .
    So you agree with Obama on this issue?
    Hey, I do think it was the right thing to do for our state dept to ask Twitter NOT to shut down at this point for maintenance. Apparently the majority of the Iranian protesters are getting their info from twitter, which is one thing the gov't doesn't control there yet.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Sadly, you're probably right. Just like Tianamen Square.
    I think in a country like Iran the only alternative is the end of the country as it is currently known and I just donít see any evidence that something like that will be allowed to happen. Think of the repercussions of this being overturned. Mockmood or however you spell his name has tight grip on the country along with the clerics, mullahís, or whatever they are that are investigating this. China is a good compression or maybe North Korea as there is no honest freedom in either place
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Last week Osama was taking credit for influencing the outcome of the election, where does he really stand on this and every other issue?
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    I just donít see any evidence that something like that will be allowed to happen.
    You're absolutely right. I'm no historian, but I can't think of a single example of a powerful regime handing power back to the people peacefully. It usually occurs at the end of bayonets and muskets (USA) or at the bottom of a guillotine.

Never before in history has the rest of the world been so united against a nut-job...at least with the ability to communicate and act in such a short time frame, so we may be seeing a really historic event.

Did you see the Iranian soccer players donning green at their WCS game? They did that knowing an execution warrant has been issued against opposition protesters back home. That took courage, lacking ANY anonymity, to take that stand. I'm sure they have familes back home too.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

While in Dubai a year ago we had a taxi driver from Iran. He told us that the Sheikhs had turned hell into paradise and the Mullahs had turned paradise into hell. He was referring to Dubai and Iran. It was a very sad, but true statement.

As far as the revolution of 1979- not everyone was in favor of an Islamic Government. The people from all backgrounds wanted to remove a dictator, the Shah, but at the end of the day the country was in the hands of the Mullahs. No one knows who will come out ahead this time around. I only pray that it will be a better government. Too bad the world had not always seen better leaders after the people reflect the current government.

Terri

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Last week Osama was taking credit for influencing the outcome of the election, where does he really stand on this and every other issue?
    Wherever the focus groups and his handlers tell him he needs to position himself, basically polar opposite of you and I....
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

In my opinion, this bears a close watch, but no involvement or even any sort of forceful statement. When we had our little election issue in FL, we sure didn't need other countries putting in their two cents based on media reports. So far, I think the Prez has done the right thing.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Told you so......

TEHRAN, Iran Ė Iran's supreme leader said Friday that the country's disputed presidential vote had not been rigged, sternly warning protesters of a crackdown if they continue massive demonstrations demanding a new election.
    Ayatollah Ali Khamenei sided with hardline President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and offered no concessions to the opposition. He effectively closed any chance for a new vote by calling the June 12 election an "absolute victory."

Why do they bother to have an election. Might as well do like little Kim does in North Korea.....pre-punch the ballets and get a full 99.9% of the vote (and shoot the 0.1% that gets the incorrectly punched cards)
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I think many of us have it right. Sit back and watch. However, I have a problem that President Monkey did not offer support to those who were cheated. Let them know we are there to help at the right time. It appears that those who are feeling cheated are those that are young, educated, and strive for some sort of democracy. Good Allies later? Probably. if we are there for them.
    Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)