The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: Newbie, the good and the bad

Default Newbie, the good and the bad

Hello All:

Being rather new to this site and to formal retriever training I cannot say enough about the wealth of information that is posted on this site daily. After reading a number of posts from individuals that are just starting out like me, the overwhelming response was to join up with a training group. I made the effort to join up with a group and it was the best thing I could have done. The group is a mesh of beginners, seasoned trainers and even a pro all of which are more than willing to give a helping hand. The only advice I feel I have to offer anyone starting out, try to join a training group. Thatís the good

Having said that; during a recent training day I was using a Days End 209 primer pistol belonging to an individual in the training group, with out going into great detail the cylinder was lost and I was told to not worry about it. Thatís the bad. So suficite to say I would like to rectify my incompetence and try to get him anther one but I can not find either the cylinder or a replacement pistol. So if anyone knows where to get one I would be for ever in your debt.

Matt

click the dogs afield banner at the top of page and hit the blank pistol tab

Ken Bora
    ps- welcome to rtf
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin

I lost a N.E.F .22 in a hay field, but it was mine.
    "So what is big is not always the Trout nor the Deer but the chance, the being there. And what is full is not necessarily the creel nor the freezer, but the memory." ~ Aldo Leopold

"The Greatest Obstacle to Discovery is not Ignorance -- It is the Illusion of Knowledge" ~ Daniel Boorstin