The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Fossil discovery...

neither can a TON of science

[QUOTEPete,
    So all scientists are by your definition athiests? For that matter, anyone who believes in evolution? Where do you draw the line. If I think the earth is round, and revolves around the sun, does that make me an athiest? That's what people said not long ago. What changed? What convinced you that the earth is round...after all, those ][/QUOTE]

Dude ,you need to learn to read.

Oh by the way God invented the true sciences
    So all scientists are by your definition athiests? For that matter, anyone who believes in evolution? Where do you draw the line. If I think the earth is round, and revolves around the sun, does that make me an athiest? That's what people said not long ago. What changed? What convinced you that the earth is round...after all, those satellite images are probably bogus images put out by rocket scientists trying to take all the glory again.
    I'm trying to figure out how yiou are interpreting what I have said.

Actually I feel like I'm talking to a mental patient.

your not liberal are you

Anyway I think you missed all my points.

Also in biblical times they new the earth was roundish and it hangeth upon nothing,,,it wasn't until after the first century that much common knowledge was lost. Kind of like the dark ages. Those dudes back then new a hell of alot more than we do now. we are just more technical now,,,although they had methods of measuring and cutting that surpass even the fanciest high dollar machine made today.

Anyway we are much more of a stupid people than 2000 to 6000 years ago. You can also find a map of noth america made BC,,, pretty dam good for sailor with a triangle in his back pocket

Pete

I apologize if I am being too sarcastic, but I REALLY don't understand the unwillingness to look at facts with an open mind.
    What facts? Give me some facts. Even Darwin said none of evolution could be proven...are you guys ignoring even your own guru?

I have posted links to data containing scientific facts. Jeff is just wrong and I do not believe he searched any of the data posted...no way since it would take hours and hours and his response is just so typical.

Pete (not trying to argue here), that is called the "gap" theory brought about by perhaps Thomas Chalmers (Scottish theologian). The problem with the gap theory is that it totally undermines the entirety of God's order of things in terms of the Gospel. Death did not come about for any living creature until the fall of man after Adam and Eve sinned against God. Until then death was not a reality. So, for a Christian to believe in the gap theory says that God's Word is unreliable and not factual...I cannot buy that.

Creation science is factual science backed up by geological data, natural data, historical data, spiritual data, secular data, et-all. Evolutionists just totally ignore the facts and keep believing the lie.

In terms of Christians embracing partial-evolution and partial-creation (somehow God used evolution in His creative process) that is also not compatible with the bible. Evolution is by and large naturalism that excludes any possibility of intervention (ie GOD)...and true evolutionists will not even consider intelligent design (which renders God a cosmic force of somekind).

Evolution must stand on its own merits...which it has not been able to since its origins.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Thats a good point Keith

Most fossils occured because of some type of catastropy here on earth,,,,MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING!!,,,,, the bible follows the same patterns concerning these matters. Splitting of the continents and such.extremely interesting stuff .

Pete

Fixed!!!!!
    Stan b & Elvis

[QUOTE=Pete;460416]Kieth
    If you trace back all the begets and begats listed in the word ,,there are time frames listed with every section,,,some not evident but most are right there in Black and white.
    it traces a little over 6000 years from the fall of man,,,it doesn't say how long it took God from genesis 1:1 to genesis 2:7 or so where he made formed and created man. There could be some time besides the 5 or 6 days God took to put things back in order. There is some figureatively speaking type stuff in there. There could possibly be millions and billions of years between genesis 1:1 and genesis 1:2 because there is no word "Was" in the old hebrew,,,its the word "became" and a record in Isaiaha will back up that study.

Anyway there could be room for it,,,, [/QUOTE ]

Pete, are you a believer in Genesis? Since you are so insistent that others take a look at your documents, please take a look at this link. Would like to hear your comments on this.

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaver...7/genesis.html

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Fixed!!!!!
    Well spoken! now let's go fishing or shoot something!

Pete, are you a believer in Genesis? Since you are so insistent that others take a look at your documents, please take a look at this link. Would like to hear your comments on this.
    if you start out with a false premise you will always have a false conclusion. I guess the reason I can freely speak about this stuff is because I put most of my energy in most of my life studying this stuff,,, when I say study I don't mean some religious garb spued about.

I'm refereing to the vast amount of research materials out there that anyone can get.and putting the pieces together.

The bible doesn't go down like most religions teach it. Thats all I can tell you.

Whats your story? How come you are so opinionated about this subject. Have you also spent most of you life researching the word. Tell me about it. This sounds interesting

Pete

The early universe was not "dark". We know from quantum mechanics that the earliest universe was a sea of quarks, followed shortly after by a sea of free nucleons and photons. Until the era of "decoupling", about 300,000 years after the formation of the universe, the entire universe was as bright throughout as the surface of the sun is today.
    That can certainly fit since God is light and in him is no darkness. Lucifer was the anle of light.
    So it is possible there was no darkness pre genesis 1:2

never thought about that one

This verse has the formation of light occuring only AFTER the "waters" and the earth already existed. As noted above, this is simply wrong. The entire universe was brightly lit for its first 300,000 years of existence, billions of years before the earth came into being

This is why a little biblical research is in order,,,,
    the link has great questions and all answeres are elementary
    Thanks for posting that.

I can't sit here all day gotta go.

Pete

Pete,
    I'll take all that as good-natured ribbing, I guess I had that coming.

Anyway, I do read a lot. You don't get board-certified in Surgery by NOT knowing how to read a lot, and sort good science from junk science progagated by those with agendas or profits to massage. (that's rampant in medicine)

I would hope that if you ever need medical treatment, you seek a scientific physician who bases treatment on modern scientific method, and not a Benny-Hin type faith healer who makes billions (with a 'b') with the same reasoning that leads to 6000 year old planet earth conclusions.

I do agree with you on the part of us being dumber than many peoples from by-gone eras. Brilliant minds such as Newton, Franklin, Darwin, Descartes, Locke, Voltaire, Copernicus, Galileo, Plato...all advanced out understanding of natural world we live in. Most were persecuted by the religious fundamentalists of their times...some even executed. How dare someone propose lightening is an electrical phenomenon, and not just God hurling lightening bolts at the non-believers!! Or that crazy heretic notion that the earth revolves around the sun!

No, I'm not liberal, nor a mental patient. Just a simple guy who enjoys dogs in my time away from work.

Cheers, and lets all have a great weekend,
    Dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!