The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Fossil discovery...

It is frustrating though after surgeries to hear family member saying, "jesus did wonderfully" or thank "jesus"...never the surgeon. But when one little thing goes wrong
    On the other end of the spectrum

When my boy was a toddler he had to be hospitalized for some type of viral infection in his knee. There were some othere children in the same ward with the same thing and had to be put on an IV for weeks,,,,just before we decided to do the same ,,,,my wife and I prayed together and decided to wait a few more hours before the go ahead of the IV
    The doctor peeked his head through the door ,,said hello and aurtherized 1 fricken drop of tylenol,,,a short time later he was better and so we prepared to take him home.
    The whole arrogant staff praised their docter and when they turned to us I told them he didn't do a dam thing ,,,,just 150 bucks for saying hello and a 75 dollar over the counter drop of tylanao.
    I looked all of them in the eye and told them what we thought .You talk about someone wanting all the glory and deserving none.

Sometimes these people think there God ,,But many give credit to where credit is due.And some doctors truely do the working miracles. My guess is if you see who gets the glory is weather god had anything to do it.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum

When my boy was a toddler he had to be hospitalized for some type of viral infection in his knee. There were some othere children in the same ward with the same thing and had to be put on an IV for weeks,,,,just before we decided to do the same ,,,,my wife and I prayed together and decided to wait a few more hours before the go ahead of the IV
    The doctor peeked his head through the door ,,said hello and aurtherized 1 fricken drop of tylenol,,,a short time later he was better and so we prepared to take him home.
    The whole arrogant staff praised their docter and when they turned to us I told them he didn't do a dam thing ,,,,just 150 bucks for saying hello and a 75 dollar over the counter drop of tylanao.
    I looked all of them in the eye and told them what we thought .You talk about someone wanting all the glory and deserving none.

Sometimes these people think there God ,,But many give credit to where credit is due.And some doctors truely do the working miracles. My guess is if you see who gets the glory is weather god had anything to do it.

Pete
    First of all, I'm so happy things turned out well for your boy. That is the most important thing of all, to anyone who has kids.

Not knowing any details, I wouldn't dare comment, but it sure sounds like that doc did the right thing by NOT starting potentially dangerous treatments.

I'm sure a family just this w/e is cursing me for the same thing. After several other doctors wanted to start TPN, (did, and sent her PO4 levels to >12) I stopped by after spending 45 minutes reviewing her charts and diagnosis and deciding to stop her TPN, feeling it was posing much more risk and deriving little, if any benefit.

I heard the family (after explaining to them ad nauseam) ask the nurse if I was going to do anything. She did absolutely fine, was discharged home, and saved $1000 per day in unneeded treatment.

Sometimes, the carefully weighed decision to do nothing is harder and more daring to make, but better for the patient. It's a thankless decision quite frequently, as Americans have been conditioned to "take a pill" for everything. As general policy, I do not give sleeping pills, nicotine patches, and "happy pills". If more docs would do the same, we could trim billions off our health costs, and people would realize that they don't need 90% of the pills they pop. (maybe slightly exaggerated for effect)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Bottom line I guess is whats your angle.

I can 1 thing for sure and that is the ways of the world are to desensitize people from God. Everbody has a doctrine weather based on trueth or facts or there own imaginations.
    Just the word "God" nowadays has people thinking your a fruit cake,,,,,wasn't like that 100 years ago.

Now its How smart are we.
    Just a thought,,,,

duf777
    I'm not sayin medicine is not a good thing but it can be like any other buisness where they try to sell you a bill of goods.

People reason differently
    Some use only science ,,,some use only bible stuff and some use both. And some just make stuff up in their head. I am the bible/science catagory and I am always astounded when science finnaly deturmines something which has been written for ages in a skinny little book. In the end what I know as trueth will lead to my final decision..

Yes thats my finally answere

I've locked in

happy fathers day

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    First of all, I'm so happy things turned out well for your boy. That is the most important thing of all, to anyone who has kids.

Not knowing any details, I wouldn't dare comment, but it sure sounds like that doc did the right thing by NOT starting potentially dangerous treatments.

I'm sure a family just this w/e is cursing me for the same thing. After several other doctors wanted to start TPN, (did, and sent her PO4 levels to >12) I stopped by after spending 45 minutes reviewing her charts and diagnosis and deciding to stop her TPN, feeling it was posing much more risk and deriving little, if any benefit.

I heard the family (after explaining to them ad nauseam) ask the nurse if I was going to do anything. She did absolutely fine, was discharged home, and saved $1000 per day in unneeded treatment.

Sometimes, the carefully weighed decision to do nothing is harder and more daring to make, but better for the patient. It's a thankless decision quite frequently, as Americans have been conditioned to "take a pill" for everything. As general policy, I do not give sleeping pills, nicotine patches, and "happy pills". If more docs would do the same, we could trim billions off our health costs, and people would realize that they don't need 90% of the pills they pop. (maybe slightly exaggerated for effect)
    Was talking to a guy at a warehouse I work IT at and he was talking about how in Mexico its nice because you can get almost any prescription drug from the grocery store. Antibiotics in gumballs for children. What he doesn't realize is that bacteria that antibiotics are supposed to fight adapt to the new drug and become stronger. Even all together resistant. Not good if your on your last gumball of penecillin.

Came across this article and immediately it struck me as strange that the Catholic Church would valicate the carbon dating process when it suited their purpose but on the other hand would be critical of that same process when it didn't fit with their believe on how man was created.
    It certainly seems to me you can't have it both ways but maybe their is a good explanation that I am not aware of.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/sc...er=rss&emc=rss

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    Came across this article and immediately it struck me as strange that the Catholic Church would valicate the carbon dating process when it suited their purpose but on the other hand would be critical of that same process when it didn't fit with their believe on how man was created.
    It certainly seems to me you can't have it both ways but maybe their is a good explanation that I am not aware of.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/29/sc...er=rss&emc=rss
    I believe the Catholic Church has accepted carbon dating for some time, and even founded a project in the 1980's to try to date the shroud of Turin without using too much of the original shroud. The Church has also accepted that evolution is not inconsistent with its belief that God created humans. The modern church has not been literal in its interpretations of the Bible and has accepted scientific advances without viewing them as threats over the last century or so, just as scientists have continued their work while retaining their fundamental religious faiths.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I believe the Catholic Church has accepted carbon dating for some time, and even founded a project in the 1980's to try to date the shroud of Turin without using too much of the original shroud. The Church has also accepted that evolution is not inconsistent with its belief that God created humans. The modern church has not been literal in its interpretations of the Bible and has accepted scientific advances without viewing them as threats over the last century or so, just as scientists have continued their work while retaining their fundamental religious faiths.
    That's the foolishness of using broad generalizations. My bad.

http://www.trueorigin.org/dating.asp...e%20inaccurate

Here is the low down about radiometric dating which includes sections about carbon dating... read the report.

Further, from this report: http://www.rae.org/ch04tud.html

Dr. Libby, the discoverer of the C14 method, which won for him a Nobel prize, expressed his shock that human artifacts extended back only 5000 years, a finding totally in conflict with any evolutionary concept. Older dates were found to be very unreliable (CRSQ , 1972, 9:3, p.157).emphasis mine
    and (from the same report cited above)

Whether we are talking about the astonishingly rapid decay of the earth's magnetic field or about radiometric dating that focuses on various decay rates, there is no reason to believe that the earth is an old one. (emphasis mine)
    The Church has also accepted that evolution is not inconsistent with its belief that God created humans.
    Let's be clear, the Roman church may have asserted that heritical fallacy but the true Church, the unified body of Christ, does not and has never embraced evolution (molecules to humans) of any type .

Last edited by Keith Farmer; 06-29-2009 at 08:34 PM.
    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth (Gen 1:1 NKJV)... 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. (John 1:1-4NKJV)

No evolution, no monkey ancestors, no big bang!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Farmer View Post

Let's be clear, the Roman church may have asserted that heritical fallacy but the true Church, the unified body of Christ, does not and has never embraced evolution (molecules to humans) of any type .

And, you just happen to be a member of that true church. How lucky can a person be!

Earth has been around for 4.5 billion years. Man has been here for 35,000 years. That's reality!
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

I'm an uneducated man and I can't type the fancy words some of you have posted but I would say the ones that believe in evolution have more faith than I do. It's a lot easier believing in God and Creation than believing we used to swing from trees. Maybe if Christians had the faith y'all do we would do a better job witnessing to the unbelievers.

It is frustrating though after surgeries to hear family member saying, "Jesus did wonderfully" or thank "jesus"...never the surgeon.
    I think you are truly misrepresenting Christians with this comment, and I mean true Christians because I'm sure they would be thinking the surgeon also and they wouldn't be suing the surgeon if something went wrong.

Here are some thoughts to think about. The big bang theory believe everything started spinning from one spot. How can something spin in one direction then start spinning in another direction. If you fall off a ride that is spinning you will spin in that direction. How is it that some planets are spinning in one direction and others are spinning in another direction?

Doesn't Evolution mean we are evolving into something better? Man look around things are getting worse not better. Like I said before we need to look to you to build our faith because your faith is certainly stronger.