The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Fossil discovery...

I didn't say your faith is useless, I said my faith would be useless if everything wasn't created the way the bible describes. If we didn't believe the bible to be the word of God then how could we have the faith we have. We have faith that whats written in the bible is written by God through men. I don't know how old the earth is and it doesn't matter, but I do know when man and animals started they didn't change from one form to another form. They have found bones that suggest that people and animals were larger many years ago. If evolution was true then we should be evolving into something better, not worse.

Why would anyone that doesn't want to believe in God and what the bible states, bring up wars that were caused by religion. Does this make you feel better inside to know you don't want to be part of a Religion that has fought for what they believed in. I guess we in America were wrong flighting the last 4 or 5 wars because we were flighting for freedom.

The whole concept of a transition fossil is interesting. What is the transition between the chihuahua and the mastiff?. The answer, of course, is that there isn't one and yet they are both dogs, and descendants of the gray wolf of 15000 or more years ago. The wolf, in turn, appears to have evolved more than 50 million years ago from the miacid which bears more of a resemblance to rodents than to wolves. At any stage in evolution, a being is what it is. It is not a transition from one thing to another. It is itself. And their children are themselves, but genetically a little different, and their children, and their children......

Quote Originally Posted by kimsmith View Post
    I didn't say your faith is useless, I said my faith would be useless if everything wasn't created the way the bible describes. If we didn't believe the bible to be the word of God then how could we have the faith we have. We have faith that whats written in the bible is written by God through men. I don't know how old the earth is and it doesn't matter, but I do know when man and animals started they didn't change from one form to another form. They have found bones that suggest that people and animals were larger many years ago. If evolution was true then we should be evolving into something better, not worse.

Why would anyone that doesn't want to believe in God and what the bible states, bring up wars that were caused by religion. Does this make you feel better inside to know you don't want to be part of a Religion that has fought for what they believed in. I guess we in America were wrong flighting the last 4 or 5 wars because we were flighting for freedom.
    Not really true. Evolution doesn't state things must change for the better just that they change. The things that make us worse usually die out which is why most people think that evolution is only to make something better. It isn't, just different. Also people were never larger to my knowledge. neanderthals were but we are not related to them only a common anscetor as far as evolution goes. Although then again they are saying we may have interbred and someone produce viable offspring which i don't really understand but its a new thoery and i haven't looked into it much
    Last edited by Cody Covey; 06-30-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    neanderthals were but we are not related to them only a common anscetor as far as evolution goes. Although then again they are saying we may have interbred and someone produce viable offspring which i don't really understand but its a new thoery and i haven't looked into it much
    One of my favorite TV shows is, The Naked Archeoligist. In one episode he met with another archeoligist that had discovered remains of half-neanderthals and half-homosapien in the mideast.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

Quote Originally Posted by kimsmith View Post
    I can just hear Osama bin Laden making that same plea to moderate muslims that wanted peace, and not to fly airplanes into buildings. That is religious extremism. My God doesn't tell me to start wars, shoot doctors in the head in church, or to ignore scientific progress.

As for being wrong for fighting for our freedom, that is different from fighting for religious ideals, and has nothing to do with this topic. And I haven't heard anyone argue against fighting for freedom.

I've lost count of the number of times its been mentioned that if you believe evolution that you mustn't believe in God. I've been told more things about myself and my beliefs that I never knew! Everybody seems to have their own religion, and anyone else who doesn't believe that SAME doctrines, is an athiest?? I guess that's why there's over 100 protestant religions in America alone, not to mention the other major religions.

Nobody answered the question of what finally convinced them that the earth is round. The Bible certainly doesn't state that, and religious men (inspired by God and Infallible) used to say the Earth is flat. What changed them? Not those athiest scientists who plant phony satellite images??

I know I'm not going to educate anyone of the principles of evolution or science, but I am truly curious as to why any scientific progress is held as athiest, and what finally brings about acceptance.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Some of the people making posts on this thread must have fossilized brains!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    Some of the people making posts on this thread must have fossilized brains!!
    please elaborate?!

You know...that was my thought as well.

cryptic comment regards,

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

DNF Bin Laden probably feels he is fighting for his freedom, he just pick the wrong country to mess with. Why is it when a war is fought it is because of religion. Christ taught to turn away from flighting and pray for your enemy.

I know I can never change your mind about evolution and you can't change my mind about creation. In the end we will understand how everything was created. Our minds are not capable of understanding how God created everything. He has always been and will always be. It's an interesting subject to me because I can't understand how people can believe that we started out as micro organisms. What about Christian Scientist who agree with Biblical principles and they use science to prove that evolution is false.

As for being wrong for fighting for our freedom, that is different from fighting for religious ideals, and has nothing to do with this topic. And I haven't heard anyone argue against fighting for freedom.
    There have been many post that stated wars were fought because of religion. Just because we in America fight because of freedom doesn't mean that everyone else is flighting because of religion. Why did we fight to start this country?

Nobody answered the question of what finally convinced them that the earth is round.
    Could you give me the scientist name who come up with the earth being round. Are you sure it was a religious person who figured it out after watching ships travel to sea and they disappeared.

I've lost count of the number of times its been mentioned that if you believe evolution that you mustn't believe in God.
    The problem with believing in God and evolution is everything in Genesis is false and if it's false then the rest of the bible has to be false also. Didn't you or someone else mention above that the bible was just story's handed down from generation to generation. If the bible isn't the word of God then everything we believe is false.

I am truly curious as to why any scientific progress is held as atheist, and what finally brings about acceptance.
    Because evolution is the only thing taught in schools today. Creation is never mentioned or will ever be mentioned again in our schools. We don't let our kids decided today what they want to believe, evolution is the only way. Look at the everything that has happened since evolution is the only thing taught in schools. Values are a thing of the past. Another thing I can't understand is why the Ten Commandments are so bad.
    Last edited by kimsmith; 06-30-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Another thing why is it when 1 bad so called Christian does a bad thing every Christians gets the blame. We have idiots in every religion and we have idiots that are not religious at all.