The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Fossil discovery...

Genesis doesn't have to be false if you believe in science...te literal translation yes but a lot of the bible is metaphor why not that part?

(flat earth, geocentric universe, etc...)
    Can you give me chapter and verse on that. If not I will know your pulling stuff out of your head and making things up as you go along.

Its really easy to take a word out of the bible and build a religion around it. Just as you have built religion on evolution. Show me biblically how you come up with your views on what the bible says about evolution or creation and maby I will take you more seriously.

To me you sound like the dog trainer that has read all the books but hasn't finished training his first dog. You throw alot of "the bible says this or that "but have yet given any chapter or verse,,or origin ,,customs, hebrew idiums .orientalisms,,scripture build up,, or anything related to researching the origin of man and his world using biblical interpretation.

You haven't even given us one casel study o the subject of evolution to verify how wrong the bible is.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Can you give me chapter and verse on that. If not I will know your pulling stuff out of your head and making things up as you go along.

Its really easy to take a word out of the bible and build a religion around it. Just as you have built religion on evolution. Show me biblically how you come up with your views on what the bible says about evolution or creation and maby I will take you more seriously.

To me you sound like the dog trainer that has read all the books but hasn't finished training his first dog. You throw alot of "the bible says this or that "but have yet given any chapter or verse,,or origin ,,customs, hebrew idiums .orientalisms,,scripture build up,, or anything related to researching the origin of man and his world using biblical interpretation.

You haven't even given us one casel study o the subject of evolution to verify how wrong the bible is.

Pete
    Pete,
    First, I'm not a biblical scholar. I'm going on common knowledge of history. Second, I'm not trying to convert anyone to modern thinking. People may believe as they may...that's what's great about this country.

Kim,
    They don't teach creation in schools, and they don't teach evolution in church. At least not the one I go to. Way it should be. Parents and kids can make up their own mind. I suspect many religious fanatics home school anyway to shield their kids from modern thinking, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I still don't understand our disagreement on fighting wars for freedom. If you think you're getting an argument from me (or anyone else for that matter) you're wrong. I pointed out that many wars HAVE been fought for religious purposes. If you want (need) examples, I don't have time to spoon-feed chapter and text from any history book.

It was astronomers who argued for a round earth. It was Copernicus who argued for the earth revolving around sun. All were ridiculed or worse by the current reigning church. I still wonder when the church and it's literal followers caved in and admitted the earth was round? Why to this day do they just not dismiss satellite images as hoaxes or bogus science, like the fossil record and geostrata and carbon dating?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Pete,
    First, I'm not a biblical scholar.
    Anyone can understand the bible, that's what great about Gods word. If you are not a biblical scholar how can you argue against Creation. You say we are Flatt earthers because science was the only way that people understood that the earth was round, but you only know enough about the bible to confuse everything with hate and war.

Pete,
    First, I'm not a biblical scholar. I'm going on common knowledge of history
    You know that's funny because History is something handed down from generation to generation. There is nothing in the history books that were written by Gods hand, but you don't have any problems believing everything in history books.

Kim,
    They don't teach creation in schools, and they don't teach evolution in church.
    Majority of our kids go to public schools and learn that we evolved from Micro organisms. You like history, check out what happened when we took God out of Schools. Don't get me wrong Man has always been sinfully and will always be. What was wrong with Thou shalt not Kill, Thou Shalt not steal, Honour thy father and mother, etc.

Second, I'm not trying to convert anyone to modern thinking.
    So if we believe in Creation we are not modern but Flatt earthers. Why are you labeling us as Christians that don't believe in Evolution non modern thinkers. I would say the bible is the oldest history book of all and it was written by the creator.

Quote Originally Posted by kimsmith View Post
    Anyone can understand the bible, that's what great about Gods word. If you are not a biblical scholar how can you argue against Creation. You say we are Flatt earthers because science was the only way that people understood that the earth was round, but you only know enough about the bible to confuse everything with hate and war.

You know that's funny because History is something handed down from generation to generation. There is nothing in the history books that were written by Gods hand, but you don't have any problems believing everything in history books.

Majority of our kids go to public schools and learn that we evolved from Micro organisms. You like history, check out what happened when we took God out of Schools. Don't get me wrong Man has always been sinfully and will always be. What was wrong with Thou shalt not Kill, Thou Shalt not steal, Honour thy father and mother, etc.

So if we believe in Creation we are not modern but Flatt earthers. Why are you labeling us as Christians that don't believe in Evolution non modern thinkers. I would say the bible is the oldest history book of all and it was written by the creator.
    I can't argue with that. I can't argue with "God said so". One final question though....why are there so many different versions of the Bible if it was inspired by God as the ONE TRUE word? Why were so many testaments chosen to be left out of the Bible by the church? Was the decision to omit all books that gave women some modicum of equality made by church elders voting in council, or was that God's divine will also? I'll bow out now, as this discussion has no logical conclusion, othe than we agree to disagree. I'll keep checking to see if any answers to my last question appear. (what convinced the church to accept round earth....then or now)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I'll keep checking to see if any answers to my last question appear. (what convinced the church to accept round earth....then or now)
    You're going to be waiting a long time, as the premise of your question is bogus and based upon a myth: the commonly parrotted myth that organized religion knuckler draggers were fighting tooth and nail against the scientific world as the heroic scientists risked their lives to bring enlightenment to the world about a round Earth. Not so much. There's even a wiki link to the myth: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Earth_mythology
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

can't argue with that. I can't argue with "God said so". One final question though....why are there so many different versions of the Bible if it was inspired by God as the ONE TRUE word? Why were so many testaments chosen to be left out of the Bible by the church? Was the decision to omit all books that gave women some modicum of equality made by church elders voting in council, or was that God's divine will also? I'll bow out now, as this discussion has no logical conclusion, othe than we agree to disagree. I'll keep checking to see if any answers to my last question appear. (what convinced the church to accept round earth....then or now) Today 10:34 AM
    Thats a good and honest question,,, this might help

II Pete 2
    19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:
    20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
    21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

I would believe that no one has the right to give their interpretation.
    So either the word interprets itself
    or there is no interpretation and God is a nillie willie.

When someone writes a will do they write it so it can be interpreted by every tom dick and harry.
    No they are specific right?

I think some people do the best they can when trying to understand the bible and there are those that have purposely distorted the trueth,, kind of like what our polititians do

That why there is a great need for researching out stuff.
    It also gives depth to what your doing.

Pete

To all who entered this fracus...I have enjoyed the bantering, heated at moments, but hopefully no hard feelings anywhere.

I want to stick to the dog training threads, but this is like a bad wreck you pass on the road....can't help but keep looking!

Cheers to all, and if we meet on the trial field, let's keep it for the dogs!

And I do hope to meet all...

dave

To all who entered this fracus...I have enjoyed the bantering, heated at moments, but hopefully no hard feelings anywhere.

I want to stick to the dog training threads, but this is like a bad wreck you pass on the road....can't help but keep looking!
    Your not gonna be a party pooper are ya?

Quote Originally Posted by kimsmith View Post

The biggest obsticle Conservative Politics has to overcome are statements like this. If anyone has ever wondered why the Liberals have been winning, why southerners are consider dumb and we have Obama as our President, here it is folks.
    Last edited by Franco; 07-01-2009 at 09:38 AM.
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345